The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’ve helped the club in many ways but if I can’t go I’ll definitely be offering the seat to mates first for free before giving it back to the club

Most people will do that tbh as that’s been the way it’s worked for years. But if no takers, it’s good there is now an option to give back to the club to re-sell. Especially for those in the KM. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Most people will do that tbh as that’s been the way it’s worked for years. But if no takers, it’s good there is now an option to give back to the club to re-sell. Especially for those in the KM. 

Agree. A lot of people called for this system to be brought in given that demands outstrips supply. Win-win - Bairns get a chance to sit in the KM Stand when they otherwise wouldn’t and FFC might get a wee bit extra funding. Of course folk will give their ST to mates first but not everyone has mates who want to take them up on it, and not everyone has a mate with an ST they can borrow. 

5 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Agree. A lot of people called for this system to be brought in given that demands outstrips supply. Win-win - Bairns get a chance to sit in the KM Stand when they otherwise wouldn’t and FFC might get a wee bit extra funding. Of course folk will give their ST to mates first but not everyone has mates who want to take them up on it, and not everyone has a mate with an ST they can borrow. 

Not everyone even has mates. 

:(

On 28/07/2024 at 23:17, Bairn in Exile said:

Happy Days.

A repeat would be nice with Callumn Morrison in the Collin Samuel role.

Sorry to quote one of my own posts but I have just realised than when we play Hearts on 17th August, 21 years after the game above, they could have the same keeper in goals. Somebody should check Craig Gordon's attic to see if he has a portrait stashed away there.

5 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

Na the increased prize pot includes premier sports streaming games on their player. The only increase in money we would get is if was on TV ie Premier Sports 1 or 2.

How much do they charge for PPV? Surely PS don't keep all the revenue, nobody in their right mind would agree to that deal if its the case!

1 minute ago, alonso said:

How much do they charge for PPV? Surely PS don't keep all the revenue, nobody in their right mind would agree to that deal if its the case!

You seem to be forgetting that the SPFL is run by an incompetent specky **** and therefor that is exactly the kind of deal that has been agreed 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

One of the good things about the ticket return thing is for folk who have U12 season tickets. Let's face it, loads of folk would take them because they are free and are only.used occasionally. I personally would pay for one for my kid if they cost money but ultimately, it doesn't get used every home game and so I can return something the club have away for free and they will get paid for it. 

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

You seem to be forgetting that the SPFL is run by an incompetent specky swampy and therefor that is exactly the kind of deal that has been agreed 

I hadn't forgotten that but didn't think even he could be that stupid. No doubt there will be winners and losers in such a deal but just seems mental as all these games on PPV will affect attendances costing clubs a fair bit, will the increase in prize money cover that.

52 minutes ago, alonso said:

They don't charge anything for ppv games, they are streamed on their app to Premier Sport subscribers. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Blackout rules only apply for certain dates, when over 50% of top two divisions are playing iirc. So these games must be outwith the blackout. 

Yes there are blackout windows but I didn't think they were within the dates.  For example last season the blackout was in place 

August 5, 2023 - September 2, 2023

September 16, 2023 - October 7, 2023

October 21, 2023 - November 11, 2023

November 25, 2023 - December 2023,

January 12, 2024 - March 16, 2024

March 30, 2024 - April 20, 2024

So last season the second round was on basically the same weekend but the blackout was very much in place. I wouldn't have thought it would be any different this season.

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

If demands outstrips supply then there is the basis of a business plan to build a 4th stand / hybrid-terracing-stand  Ayr United style / terracing.

Its a matter of balancing cost - type -  capacity - how often its filled to make it viable. 

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If demands outstrips supply then there is the basis of a business plan to build a 4th stand / hybrid-terracing-stand  Ayr United style / terracing.

Its a matter of balancing cost - type -  capacity - how often its filled to make it viable. 

For me any income the club gets goes on the playing side to get us out of this league. Then we can look at a new stand after a new pitch

Just listened to The Terrace podcast lower-league preview and the Falkirk section was a roller-coaster! 🎢

Began nodding along in agreement and ended up settling on the pair of them are talking sh*te 😆

Overall, I think their final prediction is about right but the preamble to get to that conclusion was a mix of pre-conceived BS and 3rd-hand knowledge. I couldn't do the full 7+ hours 😩

As much as I’ve always wanted a new stand, it’ll take more than a season or two in the Prem to give us the financial stability to do it. Though the “Keelan Adams Stand” might not be out the question after Pep sees him. 

6 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

For me any income the club gets goes on the playing side to get us out of this league. Then we can look at a new stand after a new pitch

Agree of course. The ethos of my post is if there is a track record of sell outs then there could be a viable self financing way to complete the stadium. Worth the board have something banked should that opportunity present itself.

10 minutes ago, StuartA said:

As much as I’ve always wanted a new stand, it’ll take more than a season or two in the Prem to give us the financial stability to do it. Though the “Keelan Adams Stand” might not be out the question after Pep sees him. 

Having the options banked would be prudent.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree of course. The ethos of my post is if there is a track record of sell outs then there could be a viable self financing way to complete the stadium. Worth the board have something banked should that opportunity present itself.

Agree it would be great to complete the stadium that goes without saying but I wish we had totally focused on the football side of the business when were relegated and all the years after. 
I’m absolutely sure if we shown more emphasis on the park particularly just after relegation we would have not witnessed the demise over the last decade

Edited by bejazz1

Feel like allowing some form of standing should be explored.

The experience of Edinburgh City and what they've been allowed to get away with could allow some extra capacity without too much permanent infrastructure being required.