The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

To everyone that I have offended by my suggestion of moving the Falkirk TV cameras over to the Grangemouth side of the stadium, I am truly, truly sorry.

Flagellation GIFs | Tenor

If option A of switching FTV is unworkable then why don't we move all of the main stand patrons to the East side ...

Solutions not problems, folks 😁

Think About It GIF by Identity

11 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

People moaning about people suggesting improvements are worse than people moaning ffs.

It's not practical just now to film from the east side, but the original post wasn't a bad suggestion. Shouldn't strive for improvements on and off the park just because we are doing well at the moment.

I just hate it when people moan about people moaning about people moaning.  Ffs, our fans man.

It was suggested to me yesterday, by a Stenny fan, that Stenhousemuir were the better team v us. Also, having played us both, that Ayr are a much better side than Falkirk.

I wasn't at the Stenny game and am aware that the stats were heavily in our favour, but this guy was totally serious. I'm assuming that he was talking absolute shite??

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It was suggested to me yesterday, by a Stenny fan, that Stenhousemuir were the better team v us. Also, having played us both, that Ayr are a much better side than Falkirk.

I wasn't at the Stenny game and am aware that the stats were heavily in our favour, but this guy was totally serious. I'm assuming that he was talking absolute shite??

It was like watching one of last season's home game games against Stirling Albion. Your friend was indeed talking shite.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

They have a worse drug problem in Stenny than 1st feared ... 😵‍💫

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If Grangemouth closes that can surely go ahead?

The refinery isn’t stopping a 4th stand being built (and never has been an issue, it was the building of a chemicals training centre within a stand 20 years ago). The small issue is funding a multi million pound structure that does more than seat 2500-3000 people 18 times a season. 

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No. We may have won 4-0, but no idea how it happened, was like playing against Guardiola's Barcelona.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He must’ve had some day out if that’s how he thinks it went!

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

If we had won 8-0 nobody could have complained! He’s at it! 

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The refinery isn’t stopping a 4th stand being built (and never has been an issue, it was the building of a chemicals training centre within a stand 20 years ago). The small issue is funding a multi million pound structure that does more than seat 2500-3000 people 18 times a season. 

I thought it was because of something to do with just being within the blast zone of Grangemouth that was preventing you completing your stadium.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I thought it was because of something to do with just being within the blast zone of Grangemouth that was preventing you completing your stadium.

Nope, plenty gets built within the “blast zone” including the rest of our stadium. We had temp stands there previously too. The issue many years ago was that the BP (from memory) wanted to put a training facility within a proposed East stand which was knocked back due to the mix of industry and public within the same facility. If we had the money then I’m sure the stadium would have been done by now. However doubt we’ll see anything there again prior to a sustained period in the top flight, apart from a temp stand maybe. 

45 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Definitely at it. We absolutely battered Stenny and should have beaten them 8-0 as they were a very poor side. Looks like their game against Ayr was similar 

I didn't see anything from our own game against Ayr that suggested they are a better side than us, quite the opposite in fact 

Screenshot2024-08-07at11_54_15.thumb.png.974c06f52aa2f8e699d6acc1f579f381.png

Screenshot2024-08-07at11_54_49.thumb.png.f69a3ea396e0fe1aa4b8460efbaa310d.png

Just ordered my Hearts ticket online from the Falkirk app.  Now it's asking for me to check in, the check in box is covering the QR code  and submit a pin number. Does anyone know the pin number 🤔

55 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Definitely at it. We absolutely battered Stenny and should have beaten them 8-0 as they were a very poor side. Looks like their game against Ayr was similar 

I didn't see anything from our own game against Ayr that suggested they are a better side than us, quite the opposite in fact 

Screenshot2024-08-07at11_54_15.thumb.png.974c06f52aa2f8e699d6acc1f579f381.png

Screenshot2024-08-07at11_54_49.thumb.png.f69a3ea396e0fe1aa4b8460efbaa310d.png

Pretty sure if you were to put the stats from the Ayr game up it would show us being particularly unlucky that night , not that it matters now having won the group anyway but on the balance of play had we won or drawn that game nobody at Ayr United could really have argued much with the result. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, kevinffc said:

Just ordered my Hearts ticket online from the Falkirk app.  Now it's asking for me to check in, the check in box is covering the QR code  and submit a pin number. Does anyone know the pin number 🤔

You don't have to check-in. When you choose "view tickets" it will show the ticket details and the QR code. Nothing further is needed.

Just do the same on matchday and present the QR code at the turnstile.