The Falkirk FC Thread

880 at the queen's park liv  piss poor crowd for first home league game of the season.  2800 at Ayr. Piss poor crowds for first home league games of the season. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

680 at the queen's park livi game the night. 1800 at Ayr. Two piss poor crowds for first home league games of the season. 

Your figures are wrong, and anyway why are you so obsessed by crowds?  

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Your figures are wrong, and anyway why are you so obsessed by crowds?  

I'm not obsessed I'm just surprised both crowds were so poor for first games of the season.  Thought Ayr would've had more given their decent start and it looked like Airdrie brought a good few.

That Airdrie performance tonight was as close as I've seen to our 6 2 shit show at Airdrie a year odd ago. Could easily have been 7 or 8 . 

Edited by Shodwall cat

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not obsessed I'm just surprised both crowds were so poor for first games of the season.  Thought Ayr would've had more given their decent start and it looked like Airdrie brought a good few.

Yes it's weird that an Ayr side who scraped survival last season don't have 5000 home gates after winning their first match in the next.

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes it's weird that an Ayr side who scraped survival last season don't have 5000 home gates after winning their first match in the next.

New stand, managers been backed heavily with new players  must be some optimism about the place surely. I'd have ve thought 3500 to 4000 would've been manageable after a good result last weekend .

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

New stand, managers been backed heavily with new players  must be some optimism about the place surely. I've thought 3500 to 4000 would've been manageable after a good result last weekend .

"Some optimism" does not generate gates. Sustained performances do. For a Friday night game when the kids are still out of school, upping the gates on the last home game of the previous season is fine by itself. Next week's gates should be a substantial improvement. Bear in mind that when Ayr last spent five years f**king about in the third tier they were playing to home gates of 500 at one point. Are you expecting your average L1 gates of 200,000 to quintuple this season?

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why are you surprised by the attendance at Ayr ? Their crowd is usually in the 2000’s so that’s probably on the high side for them tbh.

The queens park attendance only highlights how much of a f**king shambles that new stadium is.

Capacity is crap and it seems to have somehow cost over £5 million quid.