The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

You have a big squad . Far bigger than Stenny .

No chip mate at all but don’t appreciate downplaying of the competition when you are out . Ask you manager and I’m sure he will be very annoyed not to be going through 

He booked a hip op rather than manage the game today will tell you his feelings on it.

I'm obviously not overjoyed at the defeat but mirror thoughts that it's not the league.

I've never been one to look out for Stennies results but have this season and chuffed they have started well

Put your best team on the park, get the game won then ring the changes.

Ah well! whats done is done, learn the lesson and move on. The players who have not had a start got a run out and that is important for the season ahead.

Disappointment but no disaster.

Is Henderson an automatic suspension for next week?

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Nobody is bothered that's the main thing guys.

Not one bit.

Good to be out if anything.

giphy.gif.36ba22f0b7946b7b0c3a4bf5bf06ab45.gif

Easier to find a needle in a haystack than a Falkirk fan who's bothered about losing today.

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

Fairly poor performance in the end where although we dominated the game we didn't really work stennys keeper enough until the last 20 minutes.

Shanley confirming that he's just not going to cut it for me, was never effective in the game and I've been quite supportive of him getting some game time to see.

McKenna as well looked hopeless. Worth noting we improved significantly when they went off and were replaced by Oliver and McIvor even though we were down to 10 men.

ETA

Stick on red for Hendo from where I was, brings his arm up and blocks the guy across the neck or face.

Their pen looked a dive as well, not convinced Nicky actually touched him. 

Yes I was literally 5 feet away from the incident and he definitely left his elbow out for Aitken to crash into. No argument it was a red and the lack of significant protest from our players said it all….

Gotta hand it to the bairns. Selling our ground out at they prices for a tunnocks cup game while also being totally not bothered at going out is some going. 

Edited by Vimto90

11 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Gotta hand it to the bairns. Selling our ground out at they prices for a tunnocks cup game while also being totally not bothered at going out is some going. 

You can back your team and care less about one tournament than another. They're not mutually exclusive, and I'm sure your not stupid enough to think they are 🤷‍♂️

Several Stenny fans were very keen by and large to tell us this competition doesn't really matter prior to the game. Did you call all of them out over it? 

20 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Where others don’t, we back our team, we always have. Mind we are one of only two clubs in Scotland who, when in admin, paid their debts in full. We won’t let our club die where others have.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Where others don’t, we back our team, we always have. Mind we are one of only two clubs in Scotland who, when in admin, paid their debts in full. We won’t let our club die where others have.

I have read Falkirk fans "support" of Mcglynn, Maciver & Henderson in the past. Some brass necks on a lot of bairns fans now hailing them as second coming of christ.  

Oh I remember the begging buckets you don't need to remind me. 

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:

I have read Falkirk fans "support" of Mcglynn, Maciver & Henderson in the past. Some brass necks on a lot of bairns fans now hailing them as second coming of christ.  

I hope you donated, I would for Stenny and most clubs in Scotland apart from two. Whilst there are clubs I don’t like, I wouldn’t want any to go out of business apart from the two.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I hope you donated, I would for Stenny and most clubs in Scotland apart from two. Whilst there are clubs I don’t like, I wouldn’t want any to go out of business apart from the two.

Aye but Airdrie can f**k off 

3 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

I highly doubt you will find much if any criticism of Henderson. You will also find several people ridiculing those who slagged Maciver from day one. And managers get criticism where they deserve it. Likewise praise. 

You don't have to try this hard, bit if you must, try to make valid points. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I highly doubt you will find much if any criticism of Henderson. You will also find several people ridiculing those who slagged Maciver from day one. And managers get criticism where they deserve it. Likewise praise. 

You don't have to try this hard, bit if you must, try to make valid points. 

Short term memories clearly. 

Just now, Vimto90 said:

Short term memories clearly. 

Supports are never going to agree on all players, managers etc all the time. You couldn’t really blame some for being wary given the shit we had been through the 4 seasons before last. The one thing you can’t argue about though is how well our numbers stayed up during that time and when we needed to dig deep to get control of our club, we did.

There's a few more options upfront if not Shanley. It's been mentioned that Alfie and McKenna could also play up top. With Shanley's disappointing showing, those two would be under stronger consideration, as cover for MacIver. I wouldn't judge either until I've actually seen them play the position competitively, then see how they get on. And we already know what Oliver can do in that position. There's a few more rotations left in this squad yet. If Hendo is indeed suspended, then Mackie moves inside and Leon gets another start.