The Falkirk FC Thread

We played quite well yesterday and totally dominated that game. I would say that if MacIver started along with the same other 10 we win that game. It was just one of the games where we never got the breaks in front of goal and Stenny defended well. 

For those saying we have other options if big Ross gets injured, I would like to see the gaffer trying it out. Give McKenna or Alfie 10/15 mins at the end of games to see how they fair. I heard a rumour about Shanley going out on loan last night and us trying to get someone else in but not sure if it’s pish.

No need for panic, we have gone 42 league games unbeaten and hopefully Morrison and Nisbett come back into contention next week and Brad is back too.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We played quite well yesterday and totally dominated that game. I would say that if MacIver started along with the same other 10 we win that game. It was just one of the games where we never got the breaks in front of goal and Stenny defended well. 

For those saying we have other options if big Ross gets injured, I would like to see the gaffer trying it out. Give McKenna or Alfie 10/15 mins at the end of games to see how they fair. I heard a rumour about Shanley going out on loan last night and us trying to get someone else in but not sure if it’s pish.

No need for panic, we have gone 42 league games unbeaten and hopefully Morrison and Nisbett come back into contention next week and Brad is back too.

I had previously heard Stenny wanted him on loan. Not sure how true it was then, and if it was, I'd be questioning if it still is

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I had previously heard Stenny wanted him on loan. Not sure how true it was then, and if it was, I'd be questioning if it still is

That was the club I heard last night but we are not open to it until we get someone else in.

I would have been more downbeat if we had won that game yesterday and played really badly, in the event it was a decent performance finishing aside.

A three or four goal win would not have exaggerated our dominance.

Whilst Alfie played decent yesterday  he was let down by his poor finishing which is probably why he will be back on the bench again once everyone's fit.  Having watched stennys horrendous highlights and some other pics floating about it looks very much like hendos arm caught the boy high up on the chest and not his face which he dramatically fell down holding. Very harsh decision if that's the case.  Yellow card I'd have thought at most. What's the point of the TV stand opposite the main one which surely would give a far better view of the game if noone uses it it would appear?

Edited by Shodwall cat

The problem with getting a striker on loan at this stage is they and their parent club will know that they’re not going to get much game time if MacIver stays fit.  Not much of an incentive to loan out a developing player.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Some stenny fans seem to prefer spending all their time on here when surely they should be out celebrating drawing with a Falkirk side down to ten men. 

The old why are they on our thread trope. Lovely jubley. 

2 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

The old why are they on our thread trope. Lovely jubley. 

Why are you sniffing about here anyway? There's a match thread for the supporters of both teams to discuss the game instead of infecting this one.

Edited by Shodwall cat

The stenny fans desperate for us to care more is quite funny. Falkirk fans are the absolute first to be raging after a loss and you would know about it. We are not exactly known for apathy.

The fact heads are kept on is just testament to this team, they have so much good will that days like yesterday are brushed off because we know they will be back to it next week. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why are you sniffing about here anyway? There's a match thread for the supporters of both teams to discuss the game instead of infecting this one.

Because he/she has nothing better to do with their time.

It’s pretty harmless though albeit a bit sad tbh.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's next after "trying too hard"?

We have had, on our forum & not out celebrating (a draw v ten men) so yeah like GB has said just plain old abuse now the order of the day, or a top tip, just ignore (yous can't) should be easy as everyone is not bothered. 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Funny how this Stenny w*nkrr was nowhere to be seen after they got jumped 4-0 going on 10-0 on a game that actually mattered ……

We were out bruv. Couldn't have mattered any less. 

You give a great example though of a fan base genuinely being not bothered about a result. No activity, no replies, no biting. 

Keep it coming. 

9 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

We have had, on our forum & not out celebrating (a draw v ten men) so yeah like GB has said just plain old abuse now the order of the day, or a top tip, just ignore (yous can't) should be easy as everyone is not bothered. 

Type that with your elbows mate? 

It's quite something to look like an absolute teary mess after progressing in a cup, but here you are. I won't pretend to understand.