The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Double t said:

With the way the rules are now, only the captain allowed to speak tot he ref, mass protests just get more cards so you may find the team have been told to keep quiet and just get in with it. Also as I keep telling my sons team mass protests won't change the refs decision so absolutely no point in them. 

True but in all honesty if you feel seriously hard done by you are going to let the referee know. That doesn’t really happen.

Incidentally, to your earlier post you are correct that the referee was a distance away but the linesman was right next to me and clearly saw what happened……

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

True but in all honesty if you feel seriously hard done by you are going to let the referee know. That doesn’t really happen.

Incidentally, to your earlier post you are correct that the referee was a distance away but the linesman was right next to me and clearly saw what happened……

Having watched it again the ref is on the edge of the box but doesn't even speak to the lino before making a decision. He obviously had made his mind up. I would have thought he should have spoken to the lino first then make a decision specially when the lino had a better view. 

Nowt we can do now. Just hope it's a ban for the trust trophy and no other games but Yeats interview indicated the ban will be next week so just need to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Said already I didn't see it at the game, but if he has ran in at pace and caught Aitken where that image shows with any force at all, he's in big trouble. That picture indicates to me he has made no attempt to play the ball and f**ked his elbow into someone's throat. I want an opponent sent off if that happens to one one of our players 

It's the stenny boy that's coming in at pace. Hendo simply swivels and puts his arm out to shield the ball and the boy runs into it 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

It's the stenny boy that's coming in at pace. Hendo simply swivels and puts his arm out to shield the ball and the boy runs into it 

You don't shield a ball with your elbow ppinted at neck height

1 hour ago, Double t said:

Having watched it again the ref is on the edge of the box but doesn't even speak to the lino before making a decision. He obviously had made his mind up. I would have thought he should have spoken to the lino first then make a decision specially when the lino had a better view. 

Nowt we can do now. Just hope it's a ban for the trust trophy and no other games but Yeats interview indicated the ban will be next week so just need to wait and see. 

You do know that the officials communicate via mic?

Hey folks. I'm starting a new Youtube channel, called In The KM, which will be centred around FFC, and I thought I'd share with you all my first video. I'd really appreciate it if you could take some time out of your day to give it a watch.

Like and subscribe, and all that jazz.

Right, I'm off to my scratcher. Video editing takes ages btw. COYB.

40 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Anybody trying to justify Henderson’s red card needs to give their head a wobble. 
It was a RC every day of the week.

Personally, I think Hendo should just take it on the chin and accept the ban…….

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You don't shield a ball with your elbow ppinted at neck height

He's no idea what height the boy is coming in at either.  I'm not a fan of defenders trying to shield the ball out of play from distance but there's no way Hendo was trying to do this guy. He's just not that kind of player.  The red card depends on where he makes contact with the boy and it's still unclear from any of the pics shown so far. The one on here looks more like top of the chest just below the throat  If it's the throat or above then you can see why even though it's accidental a red was given.

Edited by Shodwall cat

10 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:
Hey folks. I'm starting a new Youtube channel, called In The KM, which will be centred around FFC, and I thought I'd share with you all my first video. I'd really appreciate it if you could take some time out of your day to give it a watch.

Best of luck 

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's no idea what height the boy is coming in at either.  I'm not a fan of defenders trying to shield the ball out of play from distance but there's no way Hendo was trying to do this guy. He's just not that kind of player.  The red card depends on where he makes contact with the boy and it's still unclear from any of the pics shown so far. The one on here looks more like top of the chest just below the throat  If it's the throat or above then you can see why even though it's accidental a red was given.

I’ll say it again. He knew what he was doing. You can keep defending him but you can’t do that then complain when one of our players suffers the same treatment at the hands of the opposition…,,,,

Edited by roman_bairn

3 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's just not a challenge you need to be making. We had the numbers back to defend it even if Aitken goes by him and manages to keep it in.

Split second moment trying to shield the ball probably didn't realise the pace the boy was coming in at.  Unfortunate result. We never seem to get boys sent off for anything other than silly decision making in the heat of the moment. 

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ll say it again. He knew what he was doing. You can keep defending him but you can’t do that then complain when one of our players suffers the same treatment and the hands of the opposition…,,,,

As I said if he makes contact with the head or throat then I'm not surprised it was a red but I still haven't seen a pic showing that anywhere. If there is one then that would clear it up. He just doesn't come over as a dirty player to me in any time I've watched him at Falkirk.  His disciplinary record is excellent.  

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said if he makes contact with the head or throat then I'm not surprised it was a red but I still haven't seen a pic showing that anywhere. If there is one then that would clear it up. He just doesn't come over as a dirty player to me in any time I've watched him at Falkirk.  His disciplinary record is excellent.  

If it had been unintentional I am sure it would have been yellow as Aitken came steaming in from behind. It was given as red because he intentionally left his arm out. I saw it, the linesman saw it and I’m sure many others on that side saw it clearly…….

10 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Nice one Ray 🤝🏼💙

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:96 RYAN SHANLEY IS BETTER THAN MESSI?

🔵 Review the cup loss to Stenhousemuir with Chris McCreadie 🏆
⚪️ Falkirk Daft LIVE “Sold Out” ❌
🔵 Q&A with Falkirk Football Community Foundation CEO 🎤
⚪️ Preview Airdrieonians (A) with Colin from @OTL_Podcast ♦️
🔵 PLUS we discuss the FFC Board changes & all of the latest news 🗞️

As always, a massive THANK YOU to our sponsors too:

Episode Sponsor: CM GRIPS 🤝🏼

Headline Sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🤝🏼
0281AC2B-1EAD-4176-8B94-9DFC3F6FF16A.thumb.jpeg.babdf1ba56b28c87fde0a0ade8bb5d1c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think for a second he was trying to do him. I would say the same for Shanleys red v Hearts, and Colls v Kelty(IIRC?) at the tail end of last season. I don't think either guy had any malice, but both put their opponent in danger.