The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Obviously hope Morrison gets himself well first and foremost, but last seasons top man has a job on getting back in this team. 

Agree. Had this conversation last night, hoping to see a fit Morrison back, but to drop anyone from this starting eleven on this current form wouldn’t sit right. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Agree. Had this conversation last night, hoping to see a fit Morrison back, but to drop anyone from this starting eleven on this current form wouldn’t sit right. 

It's what a squad is all about. You really have to shit or get off the pot in this team, with the exception of Maciver. There's literally someone coming for everyone else in training every day 

10 hours ago, North West said:

Looks like a morale sapping and crushing defeat today by a Celtic 3rd team. Unlucky.

You are right 43 league games unbeaten,  leading the Scottish Champions 2-1 away  up to 70 minutes and seeing the Scottish Championship lower reaches being stunk out by Fifers and Airdire - we are absolutely on our knees and confidence is shot 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Alfie has had to be really patient, and the charge against him generally has been frustratingly inconsistent, and doesn't work back enough. 

I think he has done plenty to address those both in recent weeks and make the Jersey his. Obviously hope Morrison gets himself well first and foremost, but last seasons top man has a job on getting back in this team. 

Still think the big difference between Morrison and Alfie though is end product. Morrison for a wide player scores a ton of goals whilst Alfie's finishing can still be very frustrating. He's played well in the last 3 games but despite having a good few chances hasn't hit the back of the net.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Alfie has had to be really patient, and the charge against him generally has been frustratingly inconsistent, and doesn't work back enough. 

I think he has done plenty to address those both in recent weeks and make the Jersey his. Obviously hope Morrison gets himself well first and foremost, but last seasons top man has a job on getting back in this team. 

Alfie said himself i think it was to the end of last season when he was interviewed that with making the jump from part time to full time and is still learning.   The mans just unpredictable and during our time in league 1 he was the main stand out player against us when he was at Kelty.  Hoping MacIvers injury isnt too bad.  If Shanley has to step up though he has a chance to redeem himself, but i think mcGlynn might just prefer Oliver to him.

I hope this is the last of injurys but saying that it may work out better over the long term get it over and done with the now rather than the tail end of the season, just rather no one was injured but it is what it is.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still think the big difference between Morrison and Alfie though is end product. Morrison for a wide player scores a ton of goals whilst Alfie's finishing can still be very frustrating. He's played well in the last 3 games but despite having a good few chances hasn't hit the back of the net.

He won the Morton game for us

Finn Yeats is my 10, especially with Nesbitt out injured.

Has it been said anywhere what happened to MacIver? Things started going pete tong when he went off and there's not many viable options up here on loan to fill his role.

Exceptional team performance yesterday just ran out of gas.