The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think the same rules apply about signing someone even if the club folds, I don't think we can sign anyone that wasn't a free agent at the end of the window can we?

We signed Ryan Shanley before Christmas after he was released from Edinburgh City during their financial issues did we not? Would be very harsh of the SFA to not allow footballers employment as a result of something completely outside their control.

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If the rules allowed it, I’d absolutely take him as a short-term signing. He’s got on a bit but he’s still a very intelligent player. 

Edit to add: might be talking shite,  but vaguely seem to recall special dispensation behind given to players to sign for other teams who had lost their job due to admin etc. Would need someone a lot more knowledgeable than me to confirm though.

When it happened with Edinburgh City we signed Shanley in December but he couldn't be registered until 1st January.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

We signed Ryan Shanley before Christmas after he was released from Edinburgh City during their financial issues did we not? Would be very harsh of the SFA to not allow footballers employment as a result of something completely outside their control.

Yes but he couldn't play until January

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/12/18/ryan-shanley-signs/

21 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

How far in advance do you tend to put tickets on sale, and will you have standard pricing for the Dunfermline game or are there different grades? (ala Raith Rovers) Cheers. 

Home tickets are available now for the full season but away tickets are usually on sale a couple of weeks beforehand (and advertised by the away side). 

No tiered pricing no. Will be £21 for an adult in the away stand. 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

When it happened with Edinburgh City we signed Shanley in December but he couldn't be registered until 1st January.

Fair point aye, don’t think Edinburgh actually ‘officially’ went into administration though? They got points deducted for not paying wages on time, but think they released basically their entire squad to avoid it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-sign-released-dunfermline-athletic-1795303.amp

Think it’s a different case when you’re officially made redundant rather than just released going by examples in that article. We’ll see what happens but yeah, he’s probably the only ICT player I’d be looking at but I doubt we’d be the only ones.

10 hours ago, Blame Me said:

This. As mentioned by JS, all income streams outperforming previous targets, Championship revenues and the club in relative good place on the pitch fans might ask why topping up the budget is needed. 

I would agree the emphasis on the budget has run its course. 

Interested why you think it has run its course?a All the commercial increases will be required due to increased costs that the Championship brings. The extra that FSS brings in absolutely makes a difference to McGlynn’s budget every year 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I think it’s clearer than ever that some sort of external investment will be needed to become the third leg of the stool and make up that deficit. There are not going to be many better circumstances to encourage people to sign up than last season and still the vast majority of supporters have chosen not to do so. Unfortunately, I don’t see FSS membership getting near the 2500-3000 figure mentioned.

Everyone will have their own reasons, but I suspect a good number will simply believe that they are already contributing enough through STs, hospitality, merchandise etc and don’t feel like contributing more for no tangible benefit to them.

We have a really good number of FSS members (especially when the average donation is considered). There are things that can be done around the edges to get some more- I think some way of allowing people to purchase their own shares over time so they get something tangible should be looked at. As mentioned, in my view FSS independence from the board and Patrons is another factor.

Ultimately though, I do feel external investment will be important if we are to get the club to where it can and should be across all areas. I’m sure the board are not closed to that, but compromise on the ‘ideal’ ownership model may be needed.

100%.  We've been told a lot of frogs heads would be getting kissed for quite time now though.