The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Oliver was tremendous...first goal his ability to hold the ball up made it...said this before but for a guy his size he is absolutely brilliant at making it stick & laying it off

Oliver's having a great season IMO and had a feeling McGlynn would stick him up top, being tried and tested there. He drew in fouls when he needed to and linked with the players around him, seamless play.

16 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Oliver's having a great season IMO and had a feeling McGlynn would stick him up top, being tried and tested there. He drew in fouls when he needed to and linked with the players around him, seamless play.

Oliver has been great all season, just a guy justifying his contract extension every week regardless of where he is playing. 

Ethan Ross being awarded MOM after his two goals today is perfectly understandable, but surprised Spencer has not received much of a mention for his contribution. Was a giant in that midfield today, made more tackles in that 90 minutes than in probably every other game combined. Head and shoulders.

Just now, Super Simon said:

Ethan Ross being awarded MOM after his two goals today is perfectly understandable, but surprised Spencer has not received much of a mention for his contribution. Was a giant in that midfield today, made more tackles in that 90 minutes than in probably every other game combined. Head and shoulders.

Yeah he was fantastic in the less glamorous stuff today. Absolutely got stuck in 

15 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Saw Brad Spencer leaning stadium after game, he had an ice pack wrapped around anckle, hope it’s only precautionary 

would be a big loss on Tuesday if not available.

The amount of times he got a toe in to stop a forward move by Ayr was ridiculous. He and Henderson were absolutely flawless today.

I took my daughter to hospitality today for her birthday and it was superb. Driving, so sober, but great laugh in the lounge. Ross, Sneddon and Adams all came in to speak to us at the end and they were absolute credits to the club and themselves; they spoke so well. A superb day all round.

12 minutes ago, Tamtheman said:

Saw Brad Spencer leaning stadium after game, he had an ice pack wrapped around anckle, hope it’s only precautionary 

would be a big loss on Tuesday if not available.

That would be a worry. I noticed Yeats was limping to the physio at the end of the game too, and with Mackie limping off for the second game in a row let's hope that injury list doesn't grow any more!

Fantastic result!

Some great performances.

The fact we are up at the top of league without a few of our more influential players bodes well, I think the main trouble with our league is the playing each other 4 times, teams get very familiar with each other and know how stop and counter other teams threats. Whether inadvertently or not, rotating the team and keeping our ace off the table in Morrison for the first quarter could well pay dividends in the future.

8 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

Fantastic result!

Some great performances.

The fact we are up at the top of league without a few of our more influential players bodes well, I think the main trouble with our league is the playing each other 4 times, teams get very familiar with each other and know how stop and counter other teams threats. Whether inadvertently or not, rotating the team and keeping our ace off the table in Morrison for the first quarter could well pay dividends in the future.

Good points. Bodes very well the whole squad have knuckled down to get us to this position, despite the injury list. Once injuries hopefully begin to clear we'll take some stopping with this momentum. I made a point after the game that the 'cash rich' clubs in the league may throw the dice again in January with more signings, but until then we need to get as many points on the board as possible.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Would just like to drop in that Hogarth is my player of the season so far.  Playing every week has done him the world of good.  I know he didn’t have much to do today, but he did it - no drama, no issues, no scares.  Just solid.

Thought today was going to be difficult, in truth we should have been out of sight in the first forty five. Special mention to all the players, but after a shaky start (Tait) thought we bullied the game with exceptional performances from all. Would be unfair to single out anyone but our full defence, Spencer &  Oliver were simply a brilliant watch. 
Oliver - need to single you out, a brilliant all round performance, thank you 🙏 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope the FTV boys are set up to get the highlights up at 10pm. Looking forward to see the goals again

It’s normally midnight but I’m in Cyprus we’re 2 hours ahead so if they can do them at 10 even better!!!!

Edited by Hampden Roar