The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

From a photographer`s point of view, I loved the gazebo days as you could position yourself anywhere and still have a crowd pic in the background. 

CelebrationvHibs(h)-4.jpg

I'm sure I read somewhere that we still have that gazebo stored away somewhere. Would need a bigger one than that for the east side, mind you.

5 hours ago, Rufus said:

North Stand was designed to be split if required. 

It has 6 sections

3 sections (East) could reserved for away fans

1 center section reserved for segregation

2 sections (Main Stand side) for more home fans

If the home support continues like this then away fans tickets should be started to be sold from the East center section first, which will leave the option for Falkirk fans in the West 2 sections if required.

This actually seems the most sensible option, particularly as it looks unlikely any other club is going to sell out that north stand anyway, perhaps with the exception of Dunfermline at a push. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Why could they not just build a permanent style "temporary gazebo". Presumably when it was there before we paid somebody to build and rent it? Surely wouldn't be that expensive ?

That way it's there when we need, fills that empty side which always looks terrible, increases the atmosphere in the stadium and maybe even a longer term solutions for the Ultras, hence solving the current problem of all the young lads that can't get tickets for the KM.

52 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

From a photographer`s point of view, I loved the gazebo days as you could position yourself anywhere and still have a crowd pic in the background. 

CelebrationvHibs(h)-4.jpg

How scottish folk say craig, and how american folk say it, all in one picture

My fondest memory of the gazebos was when fans of the ugly sisters inevitably bought seats in them and then sat in utter bewilderment when pure venom was directed at them from home fans. I remember there was a game against Celtic we won 1-0 with a Stephen Thomson (?) goal. There was a couple of wee men sat in front of us who none of us had ever seen at games before, so drew a conclusion, and made it a mission to wind them up. When Celtic missed their penalty, I genuinely thought one of them was going to burst into tears. Meanwhile we were all pointing and laughing.

After an hour of them turning round and glaring at us, the pair of them lost the plot, lost it more when everyone started laughing at them, and wound up getting chucked out by stewards.

Of course that was only fun when the result was going our way. What wasn't fun was sharing a stand with a bunch of the f**kers who had formed a group that was deemed too large to be tackled by police or stewards. 

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

My fondest memory of the gazebos was when fans of the ugly sisters inevitably bought seats in them and then sat in utter bewilderment when pure venom was directed at them from home fans. I remember there was a game against Celtic we won 1-0 with a Stephen Thomson (?) goal. There was a couple of wee men sat in front of us who none of us had ever seen at games before, so drew a conclusion, and made it a mission to wind them up. When Celtic missed their penalty, I genuinely thought one of them was going to burst into tears. Meanwhile we were all pointing and laughing.

After an hour of them turning round and glaring at us, the pair of them lost the plot, lost it more when everyone started laughing at them, and wound up getting chucked out by stewards.

Of course that was only fun when the result was going our way. What wasn't fun was sharing a stand with a bunch of the f**kers who had formed a group that was deemed too large to be tackled by police or stewards. 

I remember a very similar incident but it was when the gazebo was along the South stand. Glorious 

On 19/10/2024 at 20:08, Springfield said:

I’ve absolutely no idea how many potential “ultras” “young team” are waiting in the wings. Maybe worth some sort of search statement from the club on numbers. As said my original post was for two kids (15&16) who have been caught in the brilliant last 16 months 

What should happen in the Kevin McAllister stand is stop having free U12 tickets for that stand.

That would either free up some seats or give us more cash. 

I’m not saying do away with free tickets all together but if these free tickets are costing the club money by stopping a paying fan access to seat be it in the KM or in the prime section then free tickets should be restricted to the less popular areas of the stadium. 

29 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I remember a very similar incident but it was when the gazebo was along the South stand. Glorious 

Pretty sure that's where we were that same day. Seem to recall a cheeky 1-0 win over the old Rangers one day in December as well with Marc Twaddle getting our goal and a bunch of mutants sat in the east corner of the south gazebo.

I know this has probably been asked a million and one times.......but why was TFS never finished??

I'm guessing it was too do with council money and Falkirk attendances, but I've heard about Grangemouth blast zones and probably other things. What's the truth behind it and would it be possible for Falkirk to maybe get funding to build it in years to come?

22 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

... I’m not saying do away with free tickets all together but if these free tickets are costing the club money ...

They're not.

I've a vested interest in this as I use the U12 scheme but I find your logic reductive. If those tickets are replaced by U16/Student/OAP then similarly those "tickets are costing the club money" unless your advocating the KM becomes Adult ticket only?

Personally I think the ticket exchange scheme feels a litte clunky still. I think that might hurt things slightly. I also feel that despite no evidience, Im sure the free U12s are the least utilised season tickets. When something is free it's much more likely folk take one just in case. 

For that reason, I'd have absolutely no objection to paying say 50 quid for the kids ones 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

I know this has probably been asked a million and one times.......but why was TFS never finished??

I'm guessing it was too do with council money and Falkirk attendances, but I've heard about Grangemouth blast zones and probably other things. What's the truth behind it and would it be possible for Falkirk to maybe get funding to build it in years to come?

It's literally just a question of whether or not we need and and whether or not it makes financial sense. 

Neither council nor refinery come into it at all. 

The reality is if it makes financial sense we'll do it. But not until then

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's literally just a question of whether or not we need and and whether or not it makes financial sense. 

Neither council nor refinery come into it at all. 

The reality is if it makes financial sense we'll do it. But not until then

Am I not right in saying that there were serious considerations made for the construction of an East Stand and that, had we survived in the SPL a couple years longer, it may well have come to fruition?

That was back then. I'd say our support is a lot bigger now. Go back and watch SPL matches and there are a lot of empty seats compared to now. I can't help but wonder just how much the Ultras are influencing this. They're making it "cool" to support Falkirk and are surely turning folk away from supporting the OF. I spoke to an ultra not that long ago who assured me that they're all Falkirk since day one, but I'm not sure I buy it 🤣