The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

Why not just open the east side as a standing area? Allow the fans there to use the toilets in the KM, Safety issue maybe? As alot of teams in the pyramid have standing areas.

On reflection as I'd advocated this before but I think the issue with this isn't a lack of facilities or segregation but the cost to the fan.

As mentioned in the seat swap info, the ticket can't be sold for less than the admittance cost of away fans in the NS thus the club would be charging that to stand in an unimproved, uncovered and unseated area of the ground. 

Some folk may be fine with that but 3/4 of the ground getting amenities etc for the same cost probably isn't palatable just to increase the capacity.

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

On reflection as I'd advocated this before but I think the issue with this isn't a lack of facilities or segregation but the cost to the fan.

As mentioned in the seat swap info, the ticket can't be sold for less than the admittance cost of away fans in the NS thus the club would be charging that to stand in an unimproved, uncovered and unseated area of the ground. 

Some folk may be fine with that but 3/4 of the ground getting amenities etc for the same cost probably isn't palatable just to increase the capacity.

Get one of these huts in the East side, like Rugby Park has, and I’m sure paying £20 to stand in the rain won’t be an issue. 

IMG_2080.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I presume Super is also the same person? Tended to have the exact same patter as well. Kinda sad really.

I don't know who Rennie is, and I certainly didn't downvote you at all consistently as you claim (like BigbrBairn is subjected to), so I would appreciate you stop that 'patter'.

4 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

I don't know who Rennie is, and I certainly didn't downvote you at all consistently as you claim (like BigbrBairn is subjected to), so I would appreciate you stop that 'patter'.

Think Raybowski89 is getting confused 😕 It was the tag team of Higgenarse and Rennieball that always down voted him. I just think its cute now and would niss it if it did not happen 🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think Raybowski89 is getting confused 😕 It was the tag team of Higgenarse and Rennieball that always down voted him. I just think its cute now and would niss it if it did not happen 🤣🤣

Ah, maybe you're right. My apologies if I've gotten it wrong 🤣

3 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

This is an interesting point. Maybe the club could conduct a survey and ask if anyone with a ST in the KM would be interested in moving to the Main Stand for some sort of discount? As I mentioned above, you have to imagine the Ultras will want to eventually have the full stand.

Why on earth should fans who have long supported the team over many years, through the highs and lows, the good and the oh very bad times, have to move from a seat in a stand they have chosen for anyone ?

14 minutes ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Why on earth should fans who have long supported the team over many years, through the highs and lows, the good and the oh very bad times, have to move from a seat in a stand they have chosen for anyone ?

He has just moved over recently from supporting Rangers, he may not understand the feeling being new.

1 hour ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Don’t think anyone is advocating forcibly moving people from the KM stand. I don’t see the issue with giving the option- it is up to them whether they take it up.

5 hours ago, Blame Me said:

They're not.

I've a vested interest in this as I use the U12 scheme but I find your logic reductive. If those tickets are replaced by U16/Student/OAP then similarly those "tickets are costing the club money" unless your advocating the KM becomes Adult ticket only?

If enough fans are willing buy full price season tickets for the KM, the club must take the cash.

If the club can afford to throw money away, then I can reduce my Direct debit to the FSS to the minimum. 

24 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

If enough fans are willing buy full price season tickets for the KM, the club must take the cash.

That's not what's been argued tho. What started this was teenagers/young adults not getting in beside their mates in the KM Ultras block because there isn't availability.

They're not paying full whack either!

Edited by Blame Me

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

That's not what's been argued tho. What started this was teenagers/young adults not getting in beside their mates in the KM Ultras block because there isn't availability.

They're not paying full whack either!

first you remove the free tickets for the KM, if we still have capacity issues then remove or increase the price of concessions.

…and another thing if spare season tickets are available in the KM next season, full price payers should be offered those tickets first 

This will be discussed on Thursday, as I heard a director discuss the attendance numbers of free tickets. 

Never thought we’d get anywhere selling out our home crowd after the past decade. Following our club has never been easy, super highs, lows and super lows. A procession of imposters from BOD to the cheats that dawned the NB. Most of this thread has been quite mind boggling if not inspired. Another close to 6K home fans, don’t know who these extra seat fillers are, lost fans, new fans, new Ultras, regional/local arse cheeks finally allowing sons/daughters to support their home team.
Ain’t got a scubie. Yes were doing well, yes people will come out when we’re winning, yes we’re a bloody decent watch and yes your a liar if you’ve not been lifted by the brilliant Ultras. Had to ask an 80 year old a couple of weeks back to sit down in the main stand as he was at risk of a stroke singing. Main stand (hospitality crowd included) adding to the brilliant atmosphere.

Can remember sitting in the new stadium (one stand) after the first game seriously worried we’d given up an absolute brilliant home. Last few games are getting close to those magical memories. 

10 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

first you remove the free tickets for the KM, if we still have capacity issues then remove or increase the price of concessions

I don't think you've thought this through.

It seems younger people want to be in the KM because of the Ultras. Remove or increase that price band and your automatically hurting the very demographic that's attracted to it.

If it's purely about money then there's already spare capacity in the main stand so buy there - that will maximise the clubs income much more than an adults only KM.

Edited by Blame Me

Some really disappointing and frankly childish comments over the last couple of pages ""it's mine and your no getting it" attitude.

At no point has anybody said anybody should be forcibly removed from their seat either by the club or anybody else, merely suggestions on ways we can entice new fans and take advantage of the good feelings around the club at the moment. 

I don't see anything wrong in looking for ways to entice people to move if it means getting new fans on board, if you don't want to move then fine but I'm sure there will be some who will take it up either for the good of the club or any other reason. I personally had a season in the KM for years but personally thought it was shite when we were shooting down the other end so basically moved for a better view over the 90 mins.

We're probably getting the most consistent crowds we've had in over 30 years, go back another 30 years I'm sure the crowds were even better when not so many locals were drawn to the Old Firm, at the moment we have "an unknown" number of young lads who want to tag on with their mates or just come along for the ride but cant get the tickets they want.

Surely it's in the club and everybody else's interest to explore every avenue to rectify that without the silly comments from people who happily boast about what great fans they are when ultimately a resolution to this is in the short and long term good of the club.