The Falkirk FC Thread

Are Dunfermline fans in all seriousness mocking the idea of teams having "an utterly incompetent wage structure"

Holy f**k!!!!!!

This may shock you, but I personally didn't run the clubs finances.

However I do believe SD is privy to more information than most on clubs finances, f**k knows why you're trying this argument.

I believe we lost money playing Vaduz in 2009.

The cost of flights and hotels etc.

Quite, I'd imagine the travel costs would've been more for Vaduz though, probably.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Quite, I'd imagine the travel costs would've been more for Vaduz though, probably.

You'd assume so.

The point was people saying that you can't lose money playing an extra game you didn't budget for.

They didn't mean Europe obviously but I'm a petty man and enjoyed this victory (unlike the game) :(

23 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Being out of the Irn Bru cup doesn't really bother me that much. The fact that we've played Ayr twice, while really not looking convincing, and drawn with St Mirren does. Last night there was no lack of effort but there was a real lack of drive, quality and ideas. We weren't ruthless at all up front, Miller looked out on his feet by the end of the game and quite honestly there were a few Ayr players I would have happily welcomed into our team. The recent half decent results are papering over some pretty big cracks. The Dundee United game aside, we are not playing good football right now.

It also struck me that Ayr looked fitter than we did, which is worrying. This isn't necessarily a big problem if you manage it but Houston taking off McHugh and Shepard while leaving on Miller, Kerr and Rankin seemed like absolute madness given that fact the game was heading for extra time. 

Yeah agree about the subs Houston hit them all wrong.

It would seem Kerr has not been 100% which makes it even stranger he left him on.

The only way we should even think about Kerr and Rankin in the same midfield is if we were playing a 3-5-2 with two holding players.

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hattrick for Scott Shepherd last night in the u20s.

Surely deserves a bit more time in the first team - and as a striker, rather than coming on to play wide right?

Would love too see him in the first team but cant see Houston taking Baird/McHugh off for long enough too make an impact

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

O'hara lit up the development leagues last season and hardly got a sniff, can't see Houston bringing in Shepard other than to be part of the squad. No Austin in the staid against killie, what's going on there ?

Austin seems to be completely out of favour atm, loaned out in january i think.

8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

What to you think about Henderson? On my very limited viewing he looks a very similar player to Vaulks.

I see what you mean, first time I saw him he was very good playing centrally.

Bit quieter out on the left last night. Like his attitude though.

25 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How was Grant? Did he stroll it? Was he cream crackered after the 70mins?

He was much stronger than any of his direct opponents. He appeared as committed as always, both physically and verbally.

Obviously a first team game would be much more demanding, but definitely encouraged by his performance.