The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, hope street said:

it was 1000 times worse than yesterday's clown.

It was a good cup tie today but the ref ruined the game.

The scary thing is these types of ref's will be the next set of seniors

Do you ever look at a ref (not at a kids game obviously) and think these are the best and the ones who made it?

How fucking abysmal are those who fail to make it?

Old Man Smith talking yet more Old Firm loving shite to the press today: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-should-buy-over-9258820

Does anyone vet this drivel before it gets to the press? It makes the club look horrific.

This is his eighth season at the club and every single one has been failure after failure. Get him to f**k.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Utter shite.

Why does everyone is the fucking think Scottish player development all hinges in what 2 fucking clubs do???

Boils my piss this stuff.

It's bad enough coming from an ex-OF no mark. To be coming from someone at Falkirk it is unforgivable. 

Massive over reaction here. 

Smith like Houston has his views, just like everyone on here he's entitled to an opinion. He's a good guy and I certainly wouldn't draw any parallels with the last 8 years and him somehow holding us back. 

The fact it's a daily record article tells a lot though. 

Whilst i don't agree with the solution he proposes at least he's willing to talk about the issue. Player development is an issue in this country. The whole game needs to work out what to do about it.

As a club we've fallen way back in this regard ourselves so before lobbing insults at a guy who works hard for our club why not criticise Houston for not playing more youngsters from our academy? Is that because it doesn't suit your MO to spout shite?

Edited by BountyBairn

12 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Smith like Houston has his views, just like everyone on here he's entitled to an opinion. He's a good guy and I certainly wouldn't draw any parallels with the last 8 years and him somehow holding us back. 

Whilst i don't agree with the solution he proposes at least he's willing to talk about the issue. Player development is an issue in this country. The whole game needs to work out what to do about it.

As a club we've fallen way back in this regard ourselves so before lobbing insults at a guy who works hard for our club why not criticise Houston for not playing more youngsters from our academy? Is that because it doesn't suit your MO to spout shite?

He's an absolutely brilliant guy but that doesn't mean he's not talking bat shit mental. And this pish about him at least saying something is just that, pish. Anyone can talk about anything, it doesn't mean they're right in what they say just because they do talk about it. I really, really like Alex Smith, but he's way off the mark here and it reflects badly on us. 

Alex is a great guy, but doesn't stop him talking utter garbage on this subject. He is a Sevco man so I surprise I guess.

Reflects poorly on Falkirk this IMO.

I find it bizarre that Smith has a role at Falkirk, one of the better teams for youth development, yet seems to believe only Rangers and Celtic can produce any talent through the youth system.

I'd be worried by that mindset.

Let them buy a dozen clubs each then they can play each other at all levels every day...the press would be happy..eventually all Scotland players would come from the old firm...& we can all agree the only two teams that really matter have a proper system for breaking in all the superb youngsters that fall by the wayside due to being blocked by megastars...what's not to like?

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

He's an absolutely brilliant guy but that doesn't mean he's not talking bat shit mental. And this pish about him at least saying something is just that, pish. Anyone can talk about anything, it doesn't mean they're right in what they say just because they do talk about it. I really, really like Alex Smith, but he's way off the mark here and it reflects badly on us. 

I didn't say he was right either. I just don't get this thing about it reflecting badly on us to be honest. No one cares that much that his comments will affect anything to do with FFC, the fact that the daily ranger printed it is a clue. 

What a lot of pish he talks. Only last night his chairman was talking about league reconstruction being the way forward to get more teams playing youngsters. The likes of Rangers currently have no chance of winning the league and they wont go down so have every opportunity to bleed youngsters for future seasons instead of past it players like Clint Hill. Its the managers fault their not doing that and not lower league clubs. I think Alex is having a major senior moment here.