The Falkirk FC Thread

Harsh to say he was dire at Dundee. He was technically very good, but was rather heartless and didn't want to get involved. I reckon he could become a decent player with the right guidance. He hung around at Hibs for far too long like a bad smell when he should have been knuckling down and trying to forge ahead in his career. Apparently Hartley wanted to sign him permanently for us, but he turned us down thinking he'd make it at Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Harsh to say he was dire at Dundee. He was technically very good, but was rather heartless and didn't want to get involved. I reckon he could become a decent player with the right guidance. He hung around at Hibs for far too long like a bad smell when he should have been knuckling down and trying to forge ahead in his career. Apparently Hartley wanted to sign him permanently for us, but he turned us down thinking he'd make it at Hibs.

Shadwell's not going to like this...

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Shadwell's not going to like this...

I've yet to have anyone convince me I've got to say. Technically good but a shitebags who doesn't get involved. Sounds like Alex Cooper all over again.

Give me 'aye he's a cracking player who'll do very well for u guys 'any day of the week.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Also seen a QoS supporter suggest he was not too bad for them.

The main issue is that if he is the sort of player to let his head go down when the going gets tough, many of our supporters will just get on his back at the first mistake as they tend to judge immediately.

The same happened with Craigen until he scored that scorcher against TON. Then that cracking cross for the equaliser in the 1-1 game at Tannadice.

Be interesting to see how Harris copes.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Also seen a QoS supporter suggest he was not too bad for them.

The main issue is that if he is the sort of player to let his head go down when the going gets tough, many of our supporters will just get on his back at the first mistake as they tend to judge immediately.

The same happened with Craigen until he scored that scorcher against TON. Then that cracking cross for the equaliser in the 1-1 game at Tannadice.

Be interesting to see how Harris copes.

He did not too bad for queen of the South. Magic their as well giving us the championship trophy now. Craigen pushed on when he got played in his right position for a change. Took Houston far too long to suss that one out.

Would we have signed Austin if he'd been no too bad for East Fife?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Your'e giving my arse a headache Shadwell. Give it a fucking rest.

If someone can give me a decent reason  why I should be happy we signed Alex Harris other than he did no bad for queen of the South then I will. Too many people happy with the same old mediocre signings and total lack of ambition.

He did not too bad for queen of the South. Magic their as well giving us the championship trophy now. Craigen pushed on when he got played in his right position for a change. Took Houston far too long to suss that one out.

Would we have signed Austin if he'd been no too bad for East Fife?

Don't think I really expected your view to suddenly change Shadwell.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

I prefer to wait and see ...... you don't. Point taken!

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If someone can give me a decent reason  why I should be happy we signed Alex Harris other than he did no bad for queen of the South then I will. Too many people happy with the same old mediocre signings and total lack of ambition.

His name is easy to spell. I'm sure at least two of our three summer signings have spelled their own name wrong somewhere down the line. 

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don't think I really expected your view to suddenly change Shadwell.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

I prefer to wait and see ...... you don't. Point taken!

My disappointments all about the lack of ambition being shown by the club . It's not an exciting signing it's the exact opposite in fact. He may do ok over time but we can't wait half a season for him to find his feet.  Probably my own fault . I shouldn't have got my hopes up that this season would be different and We'd really make a go of it like the last season we went up.  Some exciting signings and a real buzz about the club just like that pre season under Hughes and the one before that under mccall. It just seems to me to be the same old mediocre signings all over again. We need something to kick start some momentum at the club but this ain't it I'm afraid.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My disappointments all about the lack of ambition being shown by the club . It's not an exciting signing it's the exact opposite in fact. He may do ok over time but we can't wait half a season for him to find his feet.  Probably my own fault . I shouldn't have got my hopes up that this season would be different and We'd really make a go of it like the last season we went up.  Some exciting signings and a real buzz about the club just like that pre season under Hughes and the one before that under mccall. It just seems to me to be the same old mediocre signings all over again. We need something to kick start some momentum at the club but this ain't it I'm afraid.

It's June ffs. Has Houston or the club said that we are finished doing business ? Is the transfer window about to close ? Let's hold judgement on signings until they have either actually played a game for us, or once they have all been made before spewing out the same negative bile with every post.

#dobbie #mcginn #lazy #uninspiring #needingmahole

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah we'll see. I really hope I'm proven wrong and we'll pull 3 or 4 cracking signings out the fire and things will pick up. 

Yeah but what the f**k would you moan about then? 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Where is it confirmed? Not that I'm doubting it's happening

The only news I can see is an article in the Inverness courier which is reporting on Houstons comments not an actual confirmed signing. Hopefully if this goes through BPM's ITK shout can come to fruition and turn shadwells frown slightly less upside down.

Interesting bit in the Herald

Leading commercial property advisor GVA will market the project on a local, national and international scale to entice investors to the 150-acre site at Westfield and boost the future economic prosperity of the area. The development is being funded by Falkirk’s Tax Incremental Funding (TIF) model and initial plans involve the formation of a new urban quarter with £17m of pump-priming investment. Infrastructure projects also include a state-of-the-art Falkirk Community Stadium and delivery of a new £83m STEM focussed Forth Valley College campus. Douglas Duff, head of economic development and environmental services at Falkirk Council, said: “We are making good progress with the TIF initiative and are excited to witness this latest milestone in our plans for the coming year to support new development in Falkirk.”

Read more at: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/business/gateway-plan-moves-ahead-1-4480601?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&iid=f3dd2da9e0e94a24b81967cde022336c&uid=27085909&nid=244+276893704

Is this the legendary 4th Stand on its way?