The Falkirk FC Thread

That's what our management team get paid for. They should be scouring the country for talent and yet our recruitment has been very poor since Houston arrived. Not one of his signings last summer improved our side and I include craigen as he was signed as a right mid. Is it any surprise then that a lot of us are pretty unenthusiastic regarding signing Harris when you look at his recent form and Houston's recent lack of success in the player recruitment stakes.

But you have not mentioned a single name of an available and affordable right winger that would love to come to Falkirk?

So how do you actually know there is anyone better available? I sure don't , but then I am not making a major fuss until he has a chance to show us what he can do.

Can you not see that he's young and has potential, and give that a chance before instantly dismissing him?

Too many on here that moan continuously but don't contribute affordable or available better solutions.

1. Play players in their correct positions.
2. Focus signings to fill the holes left by playing players in their correct positions.
3. Quality over quantity.

Not difficult really.

1. Play players in their correct positions.
2. Focus signings to fill the holes left by playing players in their correct positions.
3. Quality over quantity.

Not difficult really.

So your solution is to sack our manager and get someone else in, despite two pretty good seasons under difficult circumstances.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time we had a manager when the generic statements you made were not being spouted.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

But you have not mentioned a single name of an available and affordable right winger that would love to come to Falkirk?

So how do you actually know there is anyone better available? I sure don't , but then I am not making a major fuss until he has a chance to show us what he can do.

Can you not see that he's young and has potential, and give that a chance before instantly dismissing him?

If hes got that much potential why did hibs free him?  Hes 22 years old not 17. He shouldve reached his potential by now .

If hes got that much potential why did hibs free him?  Hes 22 years old not 17. He shouldve reached his potential by now .

Still not answered my question Shadwell.

You have clearly dismissed him...I might, but not until he has an opportunity. Who should we have signed in this position who is available and affordable instead?

Really I think despite reservations - which are not unreasonable - we should be getting behind all of our players at this point anyway. He's signed now, that's not going to change.

So your solution is to sack our manager and get someone else in, despite two pretty good seasons under difficult circumstances.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time we had a manager when the generic statements you made were not being spouted.

Deary me, you're making stuff up. Please point out where I suggested that the 'solution is to sack our manager'?!

You say 'generic', I say simple.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shadwell, we're not in a position to sign players that the likes of a Hibs, Hearts or even St Johnstone want to keep. Like it or not we're shopping for players that clubs of that stature don't want any more and that would include clubs of a similar stature in England. 

Our best hope of getting some quality and potential in is the loan of some youngster from England and I feel sure that Houston will have looked at that market. It may well be yet that we'll see someone of that ilk coming in.

Deary me, you're making stuff up. Please point out where I suggested that the 'solution is to sack our manager'?!

You say 'generic', I say simple.

Accepted re the sacking point. Although if I was a Chairman and my manager was genuinely guilty of all of the above, I don't think he would still be at the club.

But just look on this forum every week in the lead up to a game at the debate over formations, usually but not exclusively in midfield.

Everyone has an opinion and most have differing views.

How can any manager ever get anything but criticism for playing players out of position on that basis unless they win every week ?

Shadwell, we're not in a position to sign players that the likes of a Hibs, Hearts or even St Johnstone want to keep. Like it or not we're shopping for players that clubs of that stature don't want any more and that would include clubs of a similar stature in England. 
Our best hope of getting some quality and potential in is the loan of some youngster from England and I feel sure that Houston will have looked at that market. It may well be yet that we'll see someone of that ilk coming in.

Not unreasonable, but of course I can hear the shouts of uninspiring signing!

There's players out there if you put the effort in to find them. We've done it before. Other clubs at our level are able to bring in that bit more quality so why can't we. The likes of Dobbie at queens and McGinn at st mirren are the quality of player we need to try and get hold of. That needs effort though and decent contacts and we as a side seem to lack both at the moment. How much effort did we put in to try and find a right mid before Harris. Surely there was no rush to sign him as let's face it we're the best offer he's going to get. I can only hope that due to his lack of previous form he's on a pittance at us leaving a decent amount of cash available for some better signings.