The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

that sounds like an excellent deal, but you can keep Sibbald. just take graham.

I've still not forgiven you lot for giving us Joe Tortolano 

29 minutes ago, MrDust said:

None of our players should be assured a starting place and if Harris is doing a job, why should he not be a starter, then again you wanted McHugh signed for the bench only, which is still one of the most ludicrous statements I've read on here.

Christ r u still going on about McHugh. I didn't want him or Baird as neither were good enough to get us out of this league. I only wouldve kept McHugh over Baird as I felt as a backup he wouldve been more use than Baird who needs to play every week.

Too many on here are happy for mediocrity to continue even though we will have the best chance of getting out this league for a number of seasons.  Close season signings consisting of Harris, Stanton, Graham and Kevin mchattie would suit Houston down to the ground and I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up at falkirk. I'm sorry if they don't fill me full of excitement for the season ahead.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ r u still going on about McHugh. I didn't want him or Baird as neither were good enough to get us out of this league. I only wouldve kept McHugh over Baird as I felt as a backup he wouldve been more use than Baird who needs to play every week.

Too many on here are happy for mediocrity to continue even though we will have the best chance of getting out this league for a number of seasons.  Close season signings consisting of Harris, Stanton, Graham and Kevin mchattie would suit Houston down to the ground and I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up at falkirk. I'm sorry if they don't fill me full of excitement for the season ahead.

A bit of a contradiction stating folk are happy with mediocrity based on a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us and yet would've have handed the king of mediocrity a contract for the bench.

Fuk McHugh made Shankland look prolific 

Just now, MrDust said:

A bit of a contradiction stating folk are happy with mediocrity based on a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us and yet would've have handed the king of mediocrity a contract for the bench.

Fuk McHugh made Shankland look prolific 

I dinnae want him at all for fecks sake. Jesus. All I said was if it was a choice between Baird sitting on the bench all season or McHugh sitting on the bench all season then I'd have taken McHugh. Neither of them were good enough to be any more than bench warmer and I'm glad it looks very much like both are now away.

It wouldn't surprise me though with houston. He needs a left back as backup to Gallacher and mchattie could be cheap and nasty enough for him. Bit like his Kevin McCann  signing.

Ok, so are we about to carry on this McHattie rumour then get upset and start to seethe about it for the next few days ... or should we move on? [emoji16]

Shadwell away and support Real Madrid

Surely there must be some middle ground between telling someone to go support Real Madrid because they question the ambition/quality of the signing & the position you take, that it is not an inspiring signing but at least it is a signing.

To write the guy off is wrong, I'll give him at least 15 minutes to convince me. However you can legitimately question his recent pedigree and equate that to being an underwhelming signing, particularly given the claim that this is the season to push for the title. Hopefully he turns out to be one of 3 or 4 quality additions that I feel is needed to take us from playoffs nearly men to league winners. However it is the hope that kills you.

It's not a signing that will add 500 STs BUT it will make a difference on the pitch seeing as he's a natural wide player & we can move Craigen and Taiwo to an extent into their natural positions.

I assume at this stage our midfield looks like:

Harris Craigen McKee Hippolyte

With Taiwo, Kerr, Blues & Henderson in reserve. All assuming Sibbald doesn't sign back on, which I think he will.

2 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Surely there must be some middle ground between telling someone to go support Real Madrid because they question the ambition/quality of the signing & the position you take, that it is not an inspiring signing but at least it is a signing.

To write the guy off is wrong, I'll give him at least 15 minutes to convince me. However you can legitimately question his recent pedigree and equate that to being an underwhelming signing, particularly given the claim that this is the season to push for the title. Hopefully he turns out to be one of 3 or 4 quality additions that I feel is needed to take us from playoffs nearly men to league winners. However it is the hope that kills you.

15 miutes youre dragging it out a bit arent you?

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Too many on here that moan continuously but don't contribute affordable or available better solutions.

That's what our management team get paid for. They should be scouring the country for talent and yet our recruitment has been very poor since Houston arrived. Not one of his signings last summer improved our side and I include craigen as he was signed as a right mid. Is it any surprise then that a lot of us are pretty unenthusiastic regarding signing Harris when you look at his recent form and Houston's recent lack of success in the player recruitment stakes.