The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I certainly wouldn't waste a big wage on him though. Even after a wage cut at St Johnstone he'd be on more than probably anyone in our side. To me he's not good enough for that kind of dough. I'd rather we saved our budget for players we really need to push the boat out for.  He's a left sided centrehalf too and we've already got enough of them.

What, one? 

As Marshmallo says, I think Scobbie is probably better than Watson or Luca however, he's left sided so either he or Grant would have had to play on the right and I don't think either of them would have been able to do that with much success?

17 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Remind me - What was the game at TFS where late in the game Scobbie jumped for a cross or a throw-in into our penalty area and caught the ball in mid-air?   

I can't quite remember but it gave me a flashback of Boaby Olejnik cracker when he was sliding out of his box with the ball at Motherwell. To prevent from conceding a foul he stopped the ball perfectly on the line whilst he continued sliding. Sadly for Boaby a striker was on the scene for a simple tap in. 

Edited by wee_bairn

43 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Remind me - What was the game at TFS where late in the game Scobbie jumped for a cross or a throw-in into our penalty area and caught the ball in mid-air?   

Think this may be the one you're thinking of? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7917978.stm 

A 1-0 loss at home to Dundee Utd. 

"Craig Conway converted a penalty on 27 minutes after Tam Scobbie had foolishly handled a Paul Dixon cross... it was a moment of madness from Scobbie that ultimately settled the game, the Falkirk left-back inexplicably raising his hand above his head to stop Dixon's cross reaching Conway at the far side of the penalty area."

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thinking back to Denis Devlin. Was he a great keeper or is my memory failing me. I remember Willie Wigham more

Christ, you must be even older than me?! :lol:

I remember Dennis as back-up to Stewart Rennie (started going in 1968) so don't think I really watched him playing all that often. I remember him being wee for a goalkeeper though? :unsure:

Wished I'd started a bit earlier and had seen Willie Wigham as he was, by all accounts, a very good 'keeper, if a bit on the 'clarty' side! The story about him sitting in the pub with the imprint of the ball on his forehead is legendary!