The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake going from Rory Loy to Ryan Hardie would be like looking at a Ferrari and then actually getting a lada.   Utter mince at st mirren and relegated with raith. 

There's a striker there somewhere I think. Rae didn't know how to play him , but he's always given us trouble with Raith !

31 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is there a reliable source for this?

The COYB page has what looks like a newspaper cutting with the words "Loy Handed Chance To Resurrect Dee Career". The cutting has no date and nothing to identify the newspaper.

However, a check of the websites for the local Dundee papers - the Evening Telegraph & Courier - show no such headlines. There are various stories dated today, but none about Loy. The nearest you get to it is a story in the Courier in which Neill McCann talks about bringing in four or five, and also included the quote "there might be boys who won't be here for whatever reason".

I think I'm smelling shite. Do you have info which can prove me wrong or are you just speculating based on the COYB post?

19429802_10155539360379515_7830666816967337366_n.jpg

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake going from Rory Loy to Ryan Hardie would be like looking at a Ferrari and then actually getting a lada.   Utter mince at st mirren and relegated with raith. 

8 goals in that relegated Raith team, you bigged up the signing of Duffy who looked decent in a relegated Brechin team....... be consistent 

I'd rather we signed him and not a loan tho

Edited by MrDust

2 hours ago, billyg said:

:P Ha ha , that takes me back , the goalie the first time I saw Falkirk v the Buds at Brockvlle !

With all the old names getting banded about , this is the game to which  refer !

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1968&GameID=196809280

Anyone else got a horrible feeling we're going to lose three or four of our first half-dozen games and be scrapping it out for a playoff place yet again?

Still, this will no doubt please a large number of our shitebag fans.

31 minutes ago, keithgy said:

19429802_10155539360379515_7830666816967337366_n.jpg

Cheers Keithgy. At least it's a genuine article then, even if it is four days old. I stand corrected.

Interesting though that it doesn't include any definite statements along the lines of "He's going nowhere" or "He's my number one striker next year". 

And as often happens with newspapers, the headline writer takes a bit of poetic licence in order to grab your attention.

That article doesn't close the door IMO. Whether we can tempt him out through a door that's ajar and fight off any other suitors remains the question for me.

45 minutes ago, MrDust said:

8 goals in that relegated Raith team, you bigged up the signing of Duffy who looked decent in a relegated Brechin team....... be consistent 

I'd rather we signed him and not a loan tho

Why sign up shepherd on a deal and have o'hara in the squad and then bring in a youth player from servo. No sense in that. St mirren punted him and replaced him with loy.we're going the other way.

The whole loy thing is a simple rumour to make us look ambitious whilst we actually sign the same mediocrity.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Ryan Hardie is the name I'm hearing too from a fairly reliable source if we don't get Loy.

Hardie altho ok in fits n starts is no better than what we have. Another 'meh' signing like Harris. No thanks. 

Here's the hopeful timeline of events:

Falkirk now move on to their next target, Lawrence Shankland who is paraded/rolled about the ground by the end of the week.

Falkirk have decided that their striking options are now complete and focus on other areas.

Loy then becomes available again after a combination of the adulation he recieves at St. Mirren Park next Tuesday and Dundee signing another forward, edging him out the door.

St. Mirren swoop in for Rory.

Everybody's happy! :thumsup2

Think something similar, Houston puts all his eggs in one basket trying to get Loy, doesnt, signs someone inferior ie Hardie, just before McCann decides he doesnt fancy Loy, St.Mirren sign him just in time to play against us, and he scores the winner. 

I renewed mine the day after they went on sale as I always intended to anyway no matter who we bought.

I'm not convinced we are going to get anyone in who will make folk rush out and renew. I hope and pray I'm wrong but not holding my breath.