The Falkirk FC Thread

Our final total will be well clear of St Mirren and Dunfermline. You'd have to wonder why we don't start selling ours sooner though 

We didn't know which league we'd be in.

I'd also question if we'll pass both those clubs. Can see there being a big drop off with the early bird so close to finishing.

I'd also question if we'll pass both those clubs. Can see there being a big drop off with the early bird so close to finishing.

You'd be surprised how many normally buy post EB finishing. Anything from 300-500 in the last couple of seasons.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mind you they've all been selling theirs for quite a bit longer than us. DU started selling at the beginning of May(must've been desperate for cashflow), Dunfermline the 9th and St Mirren the 17th. We didint start selling ours till the 31st of May. 

Unusual for a crowd post from Falkirk :whistle

Doesn't make sense for the club to push Early Bird tickets. Every ticket sold on EB is £25 lost. Yes, offer it as a "service", a "reward", a "loyalty bonus" or whatever the marketing blurb is but the real sales push should come once EB closes. That's when the signings will be made and the press releases will flow like Willie Collum's yellow cards.

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Neither did United. I can only presume they were too scared to start selling season tickets to soon after United pumped us. I reckon selling a week earlier might have made a bit of a difference with it being a pay week.

You'd be surprised how many normally buy post EB finishing. Anything from 300-500 in the last couple of seasons.

Wouldn't take us well ahead of St Mirren on Dunfermline if that's the number.
Neither did United. I can only presume they were too scared to start selling season tickets to soon after United pumped us. I reckon selling a week earlier might have made a bit of a difference with it being a pay week.

United were absolutely desperate to get cash in.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

No danger of you lot signing Shankland. He retired from football in January.

That kinda signing would have currently paid up season ticket holders looking for a full refund

It was also a concern seeing Lee Miller active over a David Clarkson tweet, tho thankfully you have him signed up

Edited by MrDust

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

That kinda signing would have currently paid up season ticket holders looking for a full refund

It was also a concern seeing Lee Miller active over a David Clarkson tweet, tho thankfully you have him signed up

No we haven't :lol:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15373317.David_Clarkson_grateful_to_St_Mirren_for_injury_hell_support

He's staying on purely in a short term coaching and scouting capacity and we're offering him facilities to rehab whilst he does so. His playing contract ran out in June though and he hasn't been renewed.

Whilst he's technically still a paid employee of SMFC he is no longer part of the playing staff, same with Andy Webster and both are allowed to continue playing elsewhere if they so wish.

Clarkson won't be fit until some time between December and February though so there's no danger of a team signing him any time soon.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

No we haven't :lol:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15373317.David_Clarkson_grateful_to_St_Mirren_for_injury_hell_support

He's staying on purely in a short term coaching and scouting capacity and we're offering him facilities to rehab whilst he does so. His playing contract ran out in June though and he hasn't been renewed.

Whilst he's technically still a paid employee of SMFC he is no longer part of the playing staff, same with Andy Webster and both are allowed to continue playing elsewhere if they so wish.

Clarkson won't be fit until some time between December and February though so there's no danger of a team signing him any time soon.

Bugger......

Tho rescued by the fact he is injured, not that I wish an injury on anyone.

Surprised to read he is only 31

Doesn't make sense for the club to push Early Bird tickets. Every ticket sold on EB is £25 lost. Yes, offer it as a "service", a "reward", a "loyalty bonus" or whatever the marketing blurb is but the real sales push should come once EB closes. That's when the signings will be made and the press releases will flow like Willie Collum's yellow cards.

I am afraid it is a complete necessity for cash flow. Remember there will have been little or no income coming in for a good few weeks.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am afraid it is a complete necessity for cash flow. Remember there will have been little or no income coming in for a good few weeks.

When do the SPFL give us our 2nd place cash?

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Which questions why we waited so long to put them on sale.  DU beat us on the 19th of May. Season tickets should've been on sale on the Monday at the latest. 

42 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I would take Michael O'Halloran who has been frozen out at 'The Rangers'. Plays wide right or through the middle and has plenty of pace but never going to happen. Couldn't afford his wage demands.

Crikey. No wonder Falkirk fans find themselves disappointed with their signings if you're expecting the likes of Michael O'Halloran. We've enquired about him, but in all likelihood we'll have zero chance of getting him either because 1) Rangers will want a fee if he's to leave permanently and 2) he multiplied his wage by at least 2 and probably more when he left us.