The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Left back, occasionally suspect defensively but a great engine, pretty good going forward and has scored some absolute rakers for us over the years. He is also incredibly cool takimg the ball under pressure which I always liked about him. Quick search on youtube will show you some fucking screamers. V Hibs in last seasons playoffs and v Livingston away stand out and should be easy to find.

Some will disagree as there are some who didnt like him as much as I did but I really rate him and he will be missed.

Perfect thanks, remember the goals against Hibs actually.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can send him back then .

Do you still want Alston? His inability to finish any form of 1v1 with a keeper is a bit boring

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

Looking for some info on Leahy, type of player he is and where he plays best, cheers.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Do you still want Alston? His inability to finish any form of 1v1 with a keeper is a bit boring

Im sure he will be kept as a squad player. St Johnstone are in a much better financial place than Falkirk and can poach players from the lower league's. They should be congratulated for building that 

Houstons constant patter about money is starting to get on my titties. For the last couple of years its made sense that we've not thrown any money at it due to the bigger sides being in the league having much larger budgets (They could all probably afford big GMS). But now hes saying we cant afford to get the war chest out because they are not in league :lol:.

I'm glad we're a team that live within our means but c'mon to f**k man, somethings not adding up.

It's like they are getting the excuses in early just in case we do heehaw this season.

That statement if it's true is like throwing a f*cking dampener over the season before a ball has even been kicked. It's really quite negative and disappointing.

It's like they are getting the excuses in early just in case we do heehaw this season.

That statement if it's true is like throwing a f*cking dampener over the season before a ball has even been kicked. It's really quite negative and disappointing.

It smacks of a board & manager shitting themselves at finally having no genuine excuses not to win automatic promotion & therefore trying to dampen expectations & buy themselves some wiggle room. Basically is smacks of spineless defeatist bullshit.

Two comments on this,

Being optimistic Houston talks about having money to buy a player but it might not happen....possibly holding out for Rory Loy?

Also another way to recover some of that budget shortfall would have been for some of those moaning to buy their season tickets early and give the board confidence to provide Houston with a more sizeable budget.

It smacks of a board & manager shitting themselves at finally having no genuine excuses not to win automatic promotion & therefore trying to dampen expectations & buy themselves some wiggle room. Basically is smacks of spineless defeatist bullshit.

Could be that, or it could be what you would see in any boardroom across the world I.e. the club working out how much income they have to spend and realising that there's a likelihood of less cash being available.