The Falkirk FC Thread

Or there is also more than a good chance he will be mediocre, hasn't exactly been pulling up trees last few seasons, David Smith had pace, unfortunately that's where it ended. I really had hoped we weren't going to sign him, for me he isn't any better than what we have despite Houston saying he would only sign players that were, but he's here now for 2 years, good, bad or indifferent. We will see soon enough.

To be fair I understand the sentiment in your gripe, however pace in this league is a huge bonus, something we have been crying out for in the team outwith hippo and Austin especially down the right hand side. Hopefully our coaching can hone his football to add to this and work on crossing and he might just well be a great asset.

I agree, was just in a bad mood this morning at the lack of transfer activity. I'm looking forward to see what the boy can do.

If we end up with Lawrence Shankland or Kevin McHattie or both (shudder)! All our rivals will be pissing themselves laughing at us! 

Lawrence Shankland would reek of desperation if you ask me, you would have been better off keeping Baird. All just speculation at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Falkirk get signings for free, do they?

This one was a free transfer, which you will know.

After losing, Baird, McHugh, Leahy, McCracken, Aird and possibly Sibbald its natural that replacements will appear.

One outfield player in and 5/6 out.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He got that injury against Queens though that season which kept him out for a fair wee bit.

Season 13-14  - Played 34 scored 20

Season 14-15 - Played 26 Scored 9

So a big reduction in Goals per game.

For what its worth I think if Taylor or Farid stayed for a 2nd season their goal scoring rate would have dropped. We play each other 4 times a season,most strikers at this level get found out.

This is one of the reasons I want an unknown striker not Loy, I don't think I would've been jumping joy had we signed Keatings and I'm skeptical of Austin doing the business over the course of a season.

26 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Season 13-14  - Played 34 scored 20

Season 14-15 - Played 26 Scored 9

So a big reduction in Goals per game.

For what its worth I think if Taylor or Farid stayed for a 2nd season their goal scoring rate would have dropped. We play each other 4 times a season,most strikers at this level get found out.

This is one of the reasons I want an unknown striker not Loy, I don't think I would've been jumping joy had we signed Keatings and I'm skeptical of Austin doing the business over the course of a season.

We were dreadful league wise in Houstons first season though. The cup run saved his bacon that year and was a minor miracle. We had virtually zero creativity in our squad Sibbald apart.

26 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just had a quick look at the Twitter feeds 're season ticks

Dundee United 3000 (today)
Dunfermline 2300 (23rd june)
St mirren 2000 (yesterday)
Falkirk 1800 (yesterday)

Mind you they've all been selling theirs for quite a bit longer than us. DU started selling at the beginning of May(must've been desperate for cashflow), Dunfermline the 9th and St Mirren the 17th. We didint start selling ours till the 31st of May. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just had a quick look at the Twitter feeds 're season ticks

Dundee United 3000 (today)
Dunfermline 2300 (23rd june)
St mirren 2000 (yesterday)
Falkirk 1800 (yesterday)

Our final total will be well clear of St Mirren and Dunfermline. You'd have to wonder why we don't start selling ours sooner though