The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Crikey. No wonder Falkirk fans find themselves disappointed with their signings if you're expecting the likes of Michael O'Halloran. We've enquired about him, but in all likelihood we'll have zero chance of getting him either because 1) Rangers will want a fee if he's to leave permanently and 2) he multiplied his wage by at least 2 and probably more when he left us.

Agreed, no chance of this at all. Rumours for us are fairly thin on the ground though, linked with Loy, Stanton and McHattie but it's gone quiet on those fronts. Unless we've got a host of European trialists waiting for us in Hungary...

GMS and now MOH being chanted. I don't know if I got out of bed on the wrong side today but I'm starting to get fed up.

I don't think you've woken up. You're still in dreamland.

Crikey. No wonder Falkirk fans find themselves disappointed with their signings if you're expecting the likes of Michael O'Halloran. We've enquired about him, but in all likelihood we'll have zero chance of getting him either because 1) Rangers will want a fee if he's to leave permanently and 2) he multiplied his wage by at least 2 and probably more when he left us.

Well we won't pay a fee for him since the board show no ambition!!!

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Well we won't pay a fee for him since the board show no ambition!!!

We should be signing Stevie May for £300,000 too, but we're not. Terrible lack of ambition.

Congratulations on giving me my 1690th green dot btw. #WATP #NoSurrender

Edited by Kyle

Just now, Trump said:

Problem with Scottish football these days!!! Lazy signings no ambition rubbish. You're welcome bro #FTPartick

P&B clearly against us Boyne bois - they should be blue dots, not green.

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We should be signing Stevie May for £300,000 too, but we're not. Terrible lack of ambition.

Congratulations on giving me my 1690th green dot btw. #WATP #NoSurrender

Don't worry you'll be able to pick up Sibbald from us for hee haw this time next season.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Don't worry you'll be able to pick up Sibbald from us for hee haw this time next season.

I'm sure that's in the back of King Tommy's mind already to be honest.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Gone are the days of being linked to obscure lower league english players and foreigners I'm afraid. If he plays for a team more than 40 miles away you can forget it.

Houston has signed several players who's previous club was outwith this radius so I think you should increase your criteria to, say, 100 miles and moan about that instead.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Houston has signed several players who's previous club was outwith this radius so I think you should increase your criteria to, say, 100 miles and moan about that instead.

Yeah maybe 40 miles was doing him an injustice.

2 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

Nadir Ciftci too much of a long shot?

Broadly reported he's surplus to requirements at Celtic but I really have no idea what these kinda guys would demand and what we'd realistically offer..

Unfortunately we'd be well down the pecking order for him I reckon even if we had the ambition to go for him in the first place.

O'Halloran, GMS and now Ciftci [emoji23][emoji23]

Falkirk fans are hilarious, well the unrealistic ones are. You'll take Harris, Loy if you're lucky and probably some other lower league player and be happy about it. That's the market you're working in. Essentially cast offs and those not good enough for the top division.

We need to stop suggesting players and just see what if anyone we get.

Some will be happy and give them a chance, others will moan like f*ck.

Won't matter a jot as most of us will still pay our money and support our team.

Where's the fun in that? If we don't keep suggesting ambitious targets people will begin to think Falkirk fans are sane, rational people. We can't have that!