The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The scum have got to beat us some time but if you could pick a game to get our season back on track and install some confidence in the team then this is it.

Houstie has to pick the right team and forget any loyalty he has for certain players. I would much rather see us going there and having a right go at them from the start but I'm not confident Houstie will go that way.

Fitness of certain players aside, I think he'll play exactly the same team that started on Saturday other than Aero in for Luca. Presumably he'll bring Sibbs on at some point though?

Fitness of certain players aside, I think he'll play exactly the same team that started on Saturday other than Aero in for Luca. Presumably he'll bring Sibbs on at some point though?

I would be happy with the team from Saturday but as well as replacing Aero for Luca I would bring Sibbs in for Kerr.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry I thought we were debating the pluses and minuses of signing Alex Harris. People seem to want me to change my mind on him  when he's done absolutely nothing to convince me otherwise. Once he starts doing it on the park if he ever does I will hold my hands up but he needs to start doing it now.

Find it strange how having stuck to my guns on Harris I'm getting stick when he's yet to prove that he's anything but the player I said he was.

I respect your opinion on Harris but as has been said getting on the lads case and writing him off at the start isnt going to do him any favours,  I really cant believe we are having a meltdown and wanting Houston sacked, etc after 2 games we have an inury problem it happens can we all just calm the f**k down and get on with backing the team.  We have no divine right to win every game these things happen, but at the same time we can criticise and moan on here as much as we want at the end of the day its not going to change anything we had a shit start to the season, we have Dunfermline on Saturday, we have an injury problem or should i say (Houston we have a problem..lol).  if we are sitting at the bottom at the end of the first quarter then yes we have something to moan about and something needs to change but till then all the moaning is achieving is absolutely hee haw and venting a bit of frustration.

Things will come good but when they do then what are we going to moan about.  Tactics, team selection etc is down to Houston and no amount of moaning on P and B is going to change that so what are we really achieving with moaning on here.

I respect your opinion on Harris but as has been said getting on the lads case and writing him off at the start isnt going to do him any favours,  I really cant believe we are having a meltdown and wanting Houston sacked, etc after 2 games we have an inury problem it happens can we all just calm the f**k down and get on with backing the team.  We have no divine right to win every game these things happen, but at the same time we can criticise and moan on here as much as we want at the end of the day its not going to change anything we had a shit start to the season, we have Dunfermline on Saturday, we have an injury problem or should i say (Houston we have a problem..lol).  if we are sitting at the bottom at the end of the first quarter then yes we have something to moan about and something needs to change but till then all the moaning is achieving is absolutely hee haw and venting a bit of frustration.

Things will come good but when they do then what are we going to moan about.  Tactics, team selection etc is down to Houston and no amount of moaning on P and B is going to change that so what are we really achieving with moaning on here.

Clap clap clap happy happy happy

I can't work out if this is just a clever wind up or not? If it is then bravo & hats off but sadly I suspect it is genuine.

No one is arguing that we have a divine right to win every game surely? But there is a difference between believing that and thinking we should have done much, much better in the last 3 games. Also just because people moan on here doesn't mean that they are not backing the team. The whole point of a forum like this is to discuss, debate, vent, persuade and argue but you seem to miss that.

However more worrying is that you can't see why people would be unhappy & are critical. You fail to see that assessment on things can take in more than just the last few games, that's not how it works. Things don't just reset at the end of the season and we start from scratch and make judgements from there. That would be the case if this was the management team's first season, it's not. But more bizarre is that you feel that only if we are bottom then can moaning be justified!! Good luck with that.

19 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Clap clap clap happy happy happy

Call me a happy clapper if you must be tell me one thing what are you achieving with moaning about the situation when the fact is we cant do anything about it

I'm a bit impatient but has anyone heard anymore about the meeting on Wednesday?

How much they looking for people to commit to? How long for?

Can't make it myself but interested to hear feedback. Plenty of flyers handed out on Saturday. Wish Houston's picture wasn't on it tho as that won't make me anymore willing to part with my cash.

Call me a happy clapper if you must be tell me one thing what are you achieving with moaning about the situation when the fact is we cant do anything about it

Sitting in the main stand with your weather originals and only going for a day out kind of a fan are we then ?

8 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Sitting in the main stand with your weather originals and only going for a day out kind of a fan are we then ?

In all honesty looking forward to a Saturday when your team f**k it up and ruin it for you, We had a good pre season and on that form anyone in there right mind would think we would be off to a flyer and sitting top of the league but we f**ked it.  We still have a full season a head but as someone posted earlier on we had 3 relatively good seasons and are due a stinker and am hoping to f**k this isnt it.  But as much as i have my opinion moaning like f**k on here is achieving nothing so accept it for what it is have our own opinions on how shite we are doing and hope we can turn it round. Anyone in there right mind can see our flaws but unfortunately we arent managing the team so againif someone can explain to me how moaning like f**k on here is achieving anything then am all ears.

Problem for me is that issues We're currently having have been getting worse by the season but Houston seems unable to rectify them. The fullback positions and right mid for instance. We've not had a decent right back since Duffy got Crocked and we still haven't replaced alston. We all knew it would be a lot to ask Gallacher to be left back for a full season but we haven't got anyone else. All this whilst the likes of Kerr and shepherd get new contracts. It's no surprise that We're struggling.

Our traditional poor starts to the season continues. Our forming of the P+B lynch mob continues. Give the team a chance to settle before we tie the noose! Last seasons early moans included Craigen is shit and then what happened? Give it time

Yes fair point.

My only concern with this is that our traditional poor start of the season is costing us dearly and already our supposed championship genuine favorites have already a 5 point advantage meaning we have little more room for f**k ups like last Saturday.

The other disappointment in this is DU have a lot of new players who appear to have gelled well whilst we continue to struggle and throw away valuable points.

We don't seem to be learning from our traditional poor starts

3 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Recalling ONE post in which you came across as a spectacular arsehole doesn't constitute an agenda but whatever makes you happy. I hadn't realised there was a time limit on how long you are able to revisit something but I will keep that in mind. Also think my reference to your 'meltdown' is not the result of selective reading but is entirely valid given what was being discussed at the time. You may not see it that way but however given the fact that you think I have an agenda then maybe your judgement is not the best. I genuinely have no idea of your views on Houston, or on Shepherd, I'm sure they are insightful and informative. What I did think then and still think now is that there are some people that think any criticism of the club is an act of betrayal and sign of disloyalty and start the how long have you supported the club bullshit. I was making this point and choose you as a prime example of such a person because from that ONE post, that is exactly what you did. Granted it was in response to my numerous criticisms (which I still hold & stand) but it was way over the top, a total overreaction and I still find the phrase 'how fucking dare you' very funny, so I will without doubt keep that one and use it from time to time.

However to be clear I wasn't intending to call you a Houston apologist or a happy clapper and you say you aren't any of these things, so I take you at your word. I was merely suggesting that some people (and by some people let's be clear I mean you) are arseholes, emoji108.png?

TL;DR

image.gif.20660a67a6434d1d6aaa8e86870dccd6.gif

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He should start Sibbald and Hippo on the wings. Let them swap about, if Hippo wants to go left Sibbs can go right and interchange with McKee out there. Reckon it could work.

Wonder if we might see Craigen given a go om the right.

Sibbs is far too left sided to go right, didn't work when Houstie moved him there to bring on Hippo (can't recall game)where he also put Alston at right back, which to date is still Housties worst sub alterations as he didn't want to upset Alston or Sibbs. Tho he is pushing the barriers with worst sub's

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because Watson is as weak as water and Grant and Luca played well together twice there last season

I was very much in the Watson and Grant, I'm more inclined to go with Luca and Grant now, Watson has appeared to go missing so far.