The Falkirk FC Thread

Your right there are others . Gallacher, Kerr for instance  which I highlight at the same time as saying Harris was poor but people seem to ignore my complaints about them and highlight harris. I've also got far more ammo than Harris if I want to attack Houston's signing policy. You only have to look at the list of right sided dudes we've signed before Harris that I posted earlier in the thread.

This is true. And this is why I have felt amd said for the first time really that the anti Houston sentiment is deserved.

I will counter that there was about this level of knicker wetting and prophecies of doom this time last season, and it came good (results wise if not entertainment wise) so I would like to see everyone involved given a chance.

Houston certainly is doing some strange things that dont sit right with me, but there is an anti Houston element who will always grossly overstate any issues to ram their point home.

I will counter your counter by saying surely this inability to get off to decent start another reason to get rid. There would be no knicker wetting if he sorted out this failing?

I'm also once of those people that you are suggesting have the tendency to overstate anti Houston issues. However I don't feel I have & feel that many have overlooked these issues by being seduced by 2nd place. I have at least been consistent with my views, relentless and pessimistic, but consistent.

To be honest I just think its somewhere inbetween the happy clapping on facebook and the brutal shite spewed on One F. I do get pissed off when we fail to start off on the front foot. Equally I think and hope that an equivalent turn round in fortunes as last season, with a more attacking (on the face of it) set of players is well capable of being enough to go one better this season than the last two, purely owing to the removal of clubs who were nailed on for promotion. I think if our core of fast and skilful attacking players can turn some of last seasons shitey draws into wins we will be there.

If that doesnt happen this season, then I would suggest that the Houston formula has failed when it had its best chance to succeed and we should move on. I think thats probably a fair assessment

Shove yer fair assessment ya p***k [emoji847]

Using games against dross like Stirling Albion to buff up our shocking home record is the very definition of scraping the barrel.

Eight wins from eighteen home league games last season. Beaten by DU in the play-off, beaten by Livingston, draw with Dumbarton.

Eight wins from 21 matches against Championship opposition is an utterly horrific record, awful and would be a sacking offence at plenty clubs. Houston is lucky that the Falkirk support are so docile and compliant these days tbh.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said from day one that the league cup group stages are meaningless if we fail to turn up from the 5th of Aug onwards. We could quite easily have been woeful in the league cup and brilliant in the league and I would've held my hands up and said I was wrong. However since the 5th of August we've been dire. Harris was pish against st mirren and dire against Livie. Once he starts producing week in week out for 90 mins I will again hold my hands up and say I was wrong but at the moment he just looks like another Alex Cooper to me. I want him to be brilliant because that's good for falkirk but so far I'm not impressed. He's not the only one either.  

But good when he came on against Dumbarton but you choose not to mention this!

You'll never hold your hands up either as he won't 'produce week in, week out, for 90 minutes' because no-one can. 

2 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I will counter your counter by saying surely this inability to get off to decent start another reason to get rid. There would be no knicker wetting if he sorted out this failing?

I'm also once of those people that you are suggesting have the tendency to overstate anti Houston issues. However I don't feel I have & feel that many have overlooked these issues by being seduced by 2nd place. I have at least been consistent with my views, relentless and pessimistic, but consistent.

We have over achieved position wise 2 seasons out of 3, I'm kinda in a thot trance that Houston perhaps likes being the bigger underdog and his play suits that. I still think it's a miracle that we finished 2nd last season, the league table doesn't lie but by fluke/everyone being shiter than shite is the reason we got 2nd.

My full opinion tho is that Houston has failed in getting team selection and subs right last season and there is little to point that it's changed, never mind the unbalanced squad with fewer players

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

You'll never hold your hands up either as he won't 'produce week in, week out, for 90 minutes' because no-one can. 

I didn't think Harris was that good, he just got the ball and passed it back to Luca, sorry but I expect him to try an take a man on 

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Ok once he starts games and performs at a consistent level. At the end of the day he was on the bench against Dumbarton due to his piss poor performance in the previous two games. Not a great start when we badly need a decent right sided player. A decent 20 minute cameo against Dumbarton needs to be followed up with a good 90 on Sat.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Super Tuesday said:

I was, if you need to know anything ask away...

Who decides what players they fund and is there any comeback if they end up to be Taylor Morgan's or Fraser Aires? Houston's record of January signings isn't exactly brilliant which would concern me about handing him more cash.

the silence is deafening on this. can't see much on web Twitter etc as to how it went

Turnout was terrible, still unanswered questions! The BOD are fully hopeful of this working which is a warning to me. I would much rather we used the funds generated to remove the major shareholding and become fan-owned. The club are debt free apparently but have budgeted for £500k loss this year?
How can this be when we have 35 players with the top one earning only £1k per week.
I question whether they actually want us to get promoted.

I agree the way I would ever consider investing more money is if it was ringfenced in actually buying the club. season ticket monies and other existing incomes should be used for players. the club could get last on this and waste more money from the main budget for admin staff etc and over a period of years it's all smudged

Saw on that COYB facebook page (i know it's awful) that there's a £1000 prize draw a month associated with the Bairn for Life thing? Seems odd to get folk to donate a tenner every month and £2 to go towards a raffle.

I get why David is doing this but I honestly still believe more fans would buy into it if it was replacing the major shareholding. A number of people I know are keen to invest up to £100 per month if this was the outcome. It's something that I was looking into before B4L came out. We need change at the top not giving them more money to squander.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Who decides what players they fund and is there any comeback if they end up to be Taylor Morgan's or Fraser Aires? Houston's record of January signings isn't exactly brilliant which would concern me about handing him more cash.

That would be my worry aswell, whats the point of generating money for him when there is a very good chance he will splurge it on a player/position we don't need. I'm totally meh about Houston now I just think he's ran his course with us.