The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is a really sensible suggestion.

This type of thing is rife in our game so let' use this as an opportunity to educate people.

The approach you have suggested Shandon would potentially turn this into a more positive situation.

A really good post imo.

Thanks - can’t see who benefits from a young boy getting an 8 game ban for saying something in the heat of the moment. He’d hopefully know not to use racist or homophobic language but even going by reactions of fans on here at the time a lot of people would have looked on Shiels’ missing eye as fair game. It has now been put in the context of mocking disability and both parties talking about it would have a more positive outcome IMO than it just being point scoring between Pars and Falkirk. 

Its game day, will Hartley give any more of the development guys a run out, I hope he does.

Oh and the Daily Ranger is a f*cking rag. No fan of any club in Scotland bar the bigot brothers should buy that rag as they are all they care about.

Time for Falkirk and Dunfermline to move on from this. O'Hara has been rightly punished for doing wrong. Whether its excessive or not is another matter. If he has contacted Shiels to apologise then that's a positive move. Things will happen in the heat of a game, a lot of which are wrong.

Can we maybe move on talking about football again, at least until Thursday when McKee gets dealt with

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Thanks - can’t see who benefits from a young boy getting an 8 game ban for saying something in the heat of the moment. He’d hopefully know not to use racist or homophobic language but even going by reactions of fans on here at the time a lot of people would have looked on Shiels’ missing eye as fair game. It has now been put in the context of mocking disability and both parties talking about it would have a more positive outcome IMO than it just being point scoring between Pars and Falkirk. 

Agreed. No winners in the current situation.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Its game day, will Hartley give any more of the development guys a run out, I hope he does.

Oh and the Daily Ranger is a f*cking rag. No fan of any club in Scotland bar the bigot brothers should buy that rag as they are all they care about.

Time for Falkirk and Dunfermline to move on from this. O'Hara has been rightly punished for doing wrong. Whether its excessive or not is another matter. If he has contacted Shiels to apologise then that's a positive move. Things will happen in the heat of a game, a lot of which are wrong.

Can we maybe move on talking about football again, at least until Thursday when McKee gets dealt with

I think today will be a very tough game for us. ICT seem to have found a bit of form.

On a positive note i am very impressed with our defence (when Gallacher is not involved).  Hopefully we can start scoring goals soon.

COYB.

I think today will be a very tough game for us. ICT seem to have found a bit of form.
On a positive note i am very impressed with our defence (when Gallacher is not involved).  Hopefully we can start scoring goals soon.
COYB.

Agree regarding the defence. I actually thought Balatoni and Watson looked a decent pairing last week and McGhee has been a good signing.

Just need our strikers to find their scoring boots.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

They should have a Kenny Shiels poll.

Is he..

a: A total w****r?

b: A total dickhead?

I dunno, he did sign Garry O'Connor for Morton giving myself and many joy of seeing that sight.

The punishment should have been a 2 or 3 match ban with a 2 or 3 game hanging over that if he repeat offended in same manner, it would be 4,5 or 6.I don't think O'Hara has a career further this season with us anyhow, this now makes it mission impossible now.

They really have opened a can of worms in that can we see ginger or something of similar being reported, yes the eye scenario is a line crossed but if that's 8 games, surely ginger is 4 games

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Agree regarding the defence. I actually thought Balatoni and Watson looked a decent pairing last week and McGhee has been a good signing.

Just need our strikers to find their scoring boots.

I've been very impressed with McGhee and Balatoni.

Bob Harris is a left back and free agent. I always thought he looked decent versus us. Would allow McGhee to move central. Only my opinion though.

Bob Harris is a left back and free agent. I always thought he looked decent versus us. Would allow McGhee to move central. Only my opinion though.

Aye Harris would be an option. I'm sure Hartley is looking at players to bring in as well as those he can get shot of.

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

His career is in tatters and all you can do is post a smiley face ? I think you should take a good look at yourself if you think our grievances on the matter are 'laughable' 

Stop being so bloody stupid about it.

His career is not in tatters at all.  It has however received a bit of a setback.  People have come back from far more embarrassing or damaging situations than this one. 

I think the penalty is at the more severe end of the spectrum myself, but a message has been sent and lessons need learned.

It'll be gone soon as an issue.

The stuff about "grassing" is indeed laughable, but it's good to see some more sensible noises from Falkirk fans than you've been offering.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We would surely need to offload a centre half or two afore a left back comes in.

Housties biggest failing in not getting in a left back and leaving us with 6 centre halves....Ok more than just that but to me his biggest failing as we were losing a goal a game down that side

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

His career is not in tatters at all.  It has however received a bit of a setback.  People have come back from far more embarrassing or damaging situations than this one. 

I think the penalty is at the more severe end of the spectrum myself, but a message has been sent and lessons need learned.

The stuff about "grassing" is indeed laughable, but it's good to see some more sensible noises from Falkirk fans than you've been offering.

92layNS.jpg.9845875177763de6165364916bd319bc.jpg

Fucking bore off.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I’d like to see him get his 8 game ban reduced. If he genuinely called Shiels after to apologise then him and Shiels getting together with a few journalists to talk about the situation and generally raise awareness for folk to think about some of the abuse they hurl at folk it would be a much more productive outcome. 

Fitting, that on this armistice day Shandon has published this, which will go down in the P&B annuls as The Post of Truce.

I have already submitted the application to nominate SP for Laureate of Peace. I hope some Bairns fans will second it here https://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/

It's been emotional. 

Edited by Black and White Tragic

Bob Harris just signed for AFC Telford this week.