The Falkirk FC Thread

the singing is out of order and we shouldn't be doing that, there's plenty of other songs to sing to get an atmosphere going. it is just a tiny bit hypocritical of the league, sfa and the media to pick up on it though considering they all spent 100 plus years ignoring what rangers and celtic were sing about every week!! in fact the media not only turned a blind eye but were positively gushing in their praise of the special old firm atmosphere/greatest game in the world etc...

Watched the game on the Teuchtar Channel, passing the ball about the defence is fine if you want to keep possesion but I thought we lacked that we bit quality up front,  a target man who could at least work their goal keeper, too many shots wide of the mark, Hartley certainly has his work cut out.

As to the offensive singing, can someone tell me how this Falkirk Dunfermline bile started off ?,  seems to have been on the go as far back as the eighties or nineties and as I recollect mainly from a section of Falkirk fans, they used to make hissing noises with reference to Norrie McAthie's tragic death in a gas accident.

Not nice boys ! Makes us look like low rent old firm fans.

Can we please, please leave this insidious practice to fans of the Ugly Sisters in the west, Dunfermline, like us, are a provincial club, stuggling against financial pressures whilst no doubt watching bus loads of locals heading out to Old Firm games each week, aye have a bit banter but for f#@cks sake keep it real.

33 minutes ago, Sydney Puddefoot said:

Watched the game on the Teuchtar Channel, passing the ball about the defence is fine if you want to keep possesion but I thought we lacked that we bit quality up front,  a target man who could at least work their goal keeper, too many shots wide of the mark, Hartley certainly has his work cut out.

As to the offensive singing, can someone tell me how this Falkirk Dunfermline bile started off ?,  seems to have been on the go as far back as the eighties or nineties and as I recollect mainly from a section of Falkirk fans, they used to make hissing noises with reference to Norrie McAthie's tragic death in a gas accident.

Not nice boys ! Makes us look like low rent old firm fans.

Can we please, please leave this insidious practice to fans of the Ugly Sisters in the west, Dunfermline, like us, are a provincial club, stuggling against financial pressures whilst no doubt watching bus loads of locals heading out to Old Firm games each week, aye have a bit banter but for f#@cks sake keep it real.

Here here

34 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

the singing is out of order and we shouldn't be doing that, there's plenty of other songs to sing to get an atmosphere going. it is just a tiny bit hypocritical of the league, sfa and the media to pick up on it though considering they all spent 100 plus years ignoring what rangers and celtic were sing about every week!! in fact the media not only turned a blind eye but were positively gushing in their praise of the special old firm atmosphere/greatest game in the world etc...

Absolutely correct, no matter what our fans do (both sets) I expect the SFA and Police Scotland to give out really harsh punishments to make it look like to the people who hold the power that they are counteracting crime within football stadia in Scotland. 

However this is not an excuse to ignore racist and homophobic chants a small section on fans at EEP are singing or the verbal attack on people with disabilities, I would hope that the SFA and the police look at the incidents at our provincial clubs in a wider scale of Scottish football and of course take action against our clubs when we are in breach of the rules but also at clubs that they continually ignore hundreds if not thousands of people singing about being up to their knees in someone's blood based on their religion. I doubt this will ever happen though, and the Daily Record suddenly being offended by people singing about a disability (which IS abhorrent) while they are complicit in the sectarian and god knows what else singing at Ibrox and Celtic Park is a sick joke.

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

the only positives I can see are that hartley seems to like a more  attacking  team than houston and we have the January window to change things. I've tried to stay optimistic but it looks like this season is about staying up,  rebuilding and getting things right for next season. 

I don't where you can point out Hartley likes a more attacking team than Houston.

We are back to the Pressley days, two sitting midfielders, back then Bob and Millar which was dreadful to watch, not surprisingly is still dreadful.

One up top works when you have the ingredients around him, we don't. We have a flat back 4 and are expecting the 3 behind the striker to defend, support the striker and create,which is an overload when Austin had 2 sometimes 3 defenders on him as another pish ball came into him. Its no surprise we can't score.

Hippo currently is making some horrendous choices in shooting which I think is down to the mission impossible formation we play, that or he isn't interested, that said he normally has two players on him at all times, whereas out wide won't always be the case.

We are simply sitting ducks with this formation, we  concede we lose as we couldn't even test the dodgy Inverness keeper.

Anyone else think that, relative to start-of-season expectations, this is the worst squad they've ever seen? Not individually, but as a collective team?

I'm 34, and can only think of two worse squads than this - the 'relegation' season of 01/02, and the Ochilview squad of 03/04. Both of those squads had mitigating circumstances - the 01/02 squad were forced to play kids due to us being in the financial shitter, the 03/04 squad were signed at the last minute as we didn't know which league we were going to be in.

There are no such mitigating circumstances this time around. This is the worst squad I've ever seen.

Guest Back Post Misses
Anyone else think that, relative to start-of-season expectations, this is the worst squad they've ever seen? Not individually, but as a collective team?
I'm 34, and can only think of two worse squads than this - the 'relegation' season of 01/02, and the Ochilview squad of 03/04. Both of those squads had mitigating circumstances - the 01/02 squad were forced to play kids due to us being in the financial shitter, the 03/04 squad were signed at the last minute as we didn't know which league we were going to be in.
There are no such mitigating circumstances this time around. This is the worst squad I've ever seen.

Lucky you. I have seen much much worse

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah the season before McCall was just horrific. Also any squad which contained Mark McGraw is instantly worse. Even if it was better, it was worse.

Reminder that Hibs once paid a six figure transfer fee for Mark McGraw.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

This is the worst squad I've ever seen.

Come back when you've seen Falkirk in the third tier of Scottish football - then we'll talk about worst squads ever seen.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't where you can point out Hartley likes a more attacking team than Houston.

We are back to the Pressley days, two sitting midfielders, back then Bob and Millar which was dreadful to watch, not surprisingly is still dreadful.

One up top works when you have the ingredients around him, we don't. We have a flat back 4 and are expecting the 3 behind the striker to defend, support the striker and create,which is an overload when Austin had 2 sometimes 3 defenders on him as another pish ball came into him. Its no surprise we can't score.

Hippo currently is making some horrendous choices in shooting which I think is down to the mission impossible formation we play, that or he isn't interested, that said he normally has two players on him at all times, whereas out wide won't always be the case.

We are simply sitting ducks with this formation, we  concede we lose as we couldn't even test the dodgy Inverness keeper.

Hmmmm - you wanted Hartley! Now after 4 games he doesn't understand basic tactics?

Come back when you've seen Falkirk in the third tier of Scottish football - then we'll talk about worst squads ever seen.

Dark horrible days. I mind one supporters bus going to away games. Used to get picked up from the back of the car park at York Square in Grangemouth. Home crowds were shite in they days too.