The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Williams & El Bahktaoui in from Dundee, and Harris & Austin out, works for me.  

We were well warned that Harris had the heart of a pea, and so its proved.  His entire meaningful contribution has been limited to laying on a goal for the opposition FFS. Austin has gone so far off the rails this season that I actually wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Patrick Roberts wearing a Nathan Austin mask.  

You mean Philip Roberts mate.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

At the time I thought that Gaspo was a good signing but that's the sort of judgement that means I never put a coupon on!

Likewise I thought Gasparotto was a really promising signing; looked confident and dependable when he played against us,  so really frustrating that he's lost it.  Its a piss poor show that he's got himself so badly out of condition. 

Does anyone have any clue if these deals have anything else more permanent behind them? I know no permanent deals can be officially done but presumably its been discussed?

Was thinking about it earlier, deals up on the 3rd of January which I’m sure will be when Hampden reopens for transfers.

Can see it being made permanent then.

26 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Was thinking about it earlier, deals up on the 3rd of January which I’m sure will be when Hampden reopens for transfers.

Can see it being made permanent then.

By the sounds of it that's exactly what the plan is:  https://gmfc.net/2017/11/14/duffy-reinforces-rearguard-with-luca-loan/

“Luca Gasparotto has initially signed until January initially and then both parties will review the situation.

“With Paul Hartley going in there, he’s got his own guys in mind, so I spoke to him about it and he was happy to allow Luca to come to us and Luca was delighted to take the oppportunity. 

Considering that Gasparotto won't be able to play for anyone other than Morton or Falkirk for the rest of the season and that we're highly likely to be without Kilday beyond January as well, you'd assume that it'll be a formality. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm fine with that. Hopefully he recovers the form he had when he was with us but even if he continues to be as disappointing as he was with Falkirk, he's still about a million times better than Darren Barr. With Kilday still out long term we desperately needed a centre back in, although if O'Ware is still out as well by the time we play Falkirk we're stuck with Barr for that one.

So you presumably think that Gasparotto won't be able to play against us as his parent club? Do you happen to know if that's an automatic rule because, if not, I have every confidence in our BOD forgetting to put it in there?

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So you presumably think that Gasparotto won't be able to play against us as his parent club? Do you happen to know if that's an automatic rule because, if not, I have every confidence in our BOD forgetting to put it in there?

It is an automatic rule, although seemingly neither Morton or Falkirk realise that as Duffy explicitly mentioned it being agreed by the clubs. :lol:

Danny Williams is a wide midfielder, he played for us for three seasons before signing for Dundee on a free transfer, along with James Vincent.   He played quite a few different positions with us, he was pretty versatile and tactically disciplined player who never let us down but didn't exactly grab a place in the team for himself.  This is indicated by the fact that a third of his appeareences were off the bench.  He did start in our Europa League home tie against Astra and came on as a sub in the cup final in 2015.

28 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

At Centre half I would have McGhee, Grant, Balatoni and even Watson before Gasparotto.

Aye, but apart from those 4, plus Muirhead which makes 5, he's definitely our best central defender.

#mongooseonfire the now like.

Guest Back Post Misses
Somebody closer to the club (perhaps BPM) will know more, but it doesn't seem like there are any moves to disband ours at present. Perhaps we're just hoping this shambles doesn't actually come to fruition.

I would think we are actually well set in tier 2. You have to remember only Kingsley,
Blair and Sibbald (and even he had a year away) of our good young players were with us from the youngest age. All the sales we have had outside Kingsley started in other “larger club” academies.

McGrandles - Sevco
Wallace - Sevco
Fulton - Hearts
Flynn - juvenile football
Botti - juvenile football

Dunne was Hibs and Hearts too.

I would therefore expect the usual fallout and we should still be well placed to pick them up.