The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, drs said:

Come back when you've seen Falkirk in the third tier of Scottish football - then we'll talk about worst squads ever seen.

No bother lad, I'll just phone my mum and dad up and ask to be born 20 years earlier than I was.

32 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

Hmmmm - you wanted Hartley! Now after 4 games he doesn't understand basic tactics?

On paper he was the best option, I actually wanted McCall back but that would've cost £s.

It's just started so much like his hearts team mates tenure, not very pleasing on the eye.....still no fist pumps with 0-0 each draws....as of yet

Talking about worst squad of players reminds me of the time myself and workmate were at work, I was reading the paper and said to him, " guess who Fawkirk have signed last night ? "  the richter grin on my face must have spoke volumes,,,,,,,, " Naw ! naw ! no fuckin way !  it's no Joe Torto fuckin Lanno ? ".   He got it at first attempt.

Jimmy Rae's bus ??

It was the official supporters bus used to leave Brockville and pick a load of us up in Grangemouth. Wee Bubbles used to take the money. A lot of the time we managed to fill a double decker.

I may be wrong but i'm sure the home gates in those days were only about 1500.

23 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It was the official supporters bus used to leave Brockville and pick a load of us up in Grangemouth. Wee Bubbles used to take the money. A lot of the time we managed to fill a double decker.

I may be wrong but i'm sure the home gates in those days were only about 1500.

It Still leaves from there. Bubbles - them were the days....

Anyway, the responsibility for the current debacle lies squarely  with the incompetent Board we remain lumbered with. That's the main issue which really needs to be addressed.

Please explain?

We were happy when we got Houstie.

We were happy when we got Loy.

We were happy when we got Hartley.

What is it we expect from our Board and what would you propose as an alternative to what we have?

Genuinely I am happy to consider agreeing with constructive suggestions but virtually every clubs supporters nowadays blame the board when things go wrong but fail to propose a better solution.

I think our current squad have more responsibility for our on the park product at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ontovictory said:

Anyway, the responsibility for the current debacle lies squarely  with the incompetent Board we remain lumbered with. That's the main issue which really needs to be addressed.

Not all of it. A fair chunk is Houston's responsibility as well. He's arguably left us in a worse condition than Hughes did when he left.