The Falkirk FC Thread

McGregor has is sussed with regards to getting players to move.  They all live in Inverness so training is only 15 minutes up the road.  Caley are fucked if he offers one of our targets a contract too.  See Draper and Vigurs.

36 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:
I genuinely can't decide between Loy or Harris....

Harris. There's a striker in Loy somewhere, he just needs to be reminded.

I think Harris would be okay in a winning team, a few cameos off the bench if we're winning 2-0, you'll see him get confidence and become semi-decent.

Loy has clearly given up, he's 30, rumours of Bevvy and going to pieces over some burd! Confidence is obviously shot, I doubt he'll return to anywhere near his best. he'll either see out the contract or get paid off and get another good deal at top part-time team

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

McGregor has is sussed with regards to getting players to move.  They all live in Inverness so training is only 15 minutes up the road.  Caley are fucked if he offers one of our targets a contract too.  See Draper and Vigurs.

Its still the middle of nowhere though.  To get foreign players to stay there you've got to be offering them a fair whack as there's feck all to do. 

Can't believe there are still people wanting to give harris a chance.  He had a couple of decent games early in his career at Hibs, did nowt at Dundee on loan and was bang average at Queens.  We had a winning team at the start of last season and he still ended up pish when the real football started. The sooner he gets the boot the better. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its still the middle of nowhere though.  To get foreign players to stay there you've got to be offering them a fair whack as there's feck all to do.

Inverness is hardly in Northern Sheltand ffs.  There's tonnes to do here.  3 hours max back down the road/on a plane to their family once in a while is hardly a deal breaker.  The players all hang out with each other anyway outwith training as well so they're not exactly bored.  Plus they're out every weekend bollock deep in the fanny.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Inverness is hardly in Northern Sheltand ffs.  There's tonnes to do here.  3 hours max back down the road/on a plane to their family once in a while is hardly a deal breaker.  The players all hang out with each other anyway outwith training as well so they're not exactly bored.  Plus they're out every weekend bollock deep in the fanny.

I can assure you the likes of Alex Schalk will have been paid well over the odds to accept a deal at Ross County otherwise he'd much rather be playing elsewhere .  Its the same anywhere. Players down south want to play in London and need a good whack over the odds to choose elsewhere over a London club.  If you had the choice to play for a central belt club   or Ross County or Inverness and both were offering exactly the same amount of cash very few would choose the highland pair.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I came in to lurk at the Falkirk goss and find blind rumours about Jamie Lindsay on £2k per week :lol:  I doubt Celtic were even paying him that last year.

@Shodwall cat Re: Schalk.  County have had quite a few Dutch players in their time in the top-flight due to the airport link with Amsterdam.  Foreign players don't seem to have the same parochial '120 miles is the end of the world' mentality that is prevelant in Scotland.  Otherwise I take your assurance, and if County were paying over the odds for Van der Weg in a similar manner then they deserved to be relegated.

Edited by bunglebonce

1 hour ago, madton said:

Apparently we are/were interested in a player but Ross County were willing to offer him 4/5 times what we could offer.  

No idea who the player is btw, could well have been Jamie Lindsay as well.

If they are throwing a couple of grand at players, the league is theirs to lose!

Like Utd last season ?

This league isnt really one that £s tie up with positions in any case

Id be more concerned with the Ross County rookie management team both have really zero experience bar getting relegated when it was very much possible to get at least 2nd bottom, pretty much like our Elvis we wont go down episode.

It for sure is gonna be a real open league this season with probably a few managers losing their jobs, I think 2 managers were punted during last season, could easily double that this season.

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I came in to lurk at the Falkirk goss and find blind rumours about Jamie Lindsay on £2k per week :lol:  I doubt Celtic were even paying him that last year.

@Shodwall cat Re: Schalk.  County have had quite a few Dutch players in their time in the top-flight due to the airport link with Amsterdam.  Foreign players don't seem to have the same parochial '120 miles is the end of the world' mentality that is prevelant in Scotland.  Otherwise I take your assurance, and if County were paying over the odds for Van der Weg in a similar manner then they deserved to be relegated.

I think County have been paying well over the odds for most of their players Dutch or otherwise when you look at the massive losses they keep posting year in year out. 

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can assure you the likes of Alex Schalk will have been paid well over the odds to accept a deal at Ross County otherwise he'd much rather be playing elsewhere .  Its the same anywhere. Players down south want to play in London and need a good whack over the odds to choose elsewhere over a London club.  If you had the choice to play for a central belt club   or Ross County or Inverness and both were offering exactly the same amount of cash very few would choose the highland pair.

Well why get annoyed that County will always win a player over Falkirk then?  That's just how it goes I'm afraid.  Jamie Lindsay or Josh Mullen are always going to choose County over you due to the money.  In Scotland the location is irrelevant in most cases.  

I wonder if we should get Harris referred to some US doctors to see if his utterly pish performances last season we're perhaps due to a constant state of concussion? 

He’s probably too excited just waiting to get home and read what dribble you’ve put on this thread tbf

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think County have been paying well over the odds for most of their players Dutch or otherwise when you look at the massive losses they keep posting year in year out. 

Year in year out, apart from the last financial year.

Yes, MacGregor heavily subsidises the wage bill.  I have no problem with that.  The infrastructure is already in place, there's no debt, if he tapered his input then County would be fine, just not a top-flight team for six years at a time.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Well why get annoyed that County will always win a player over Falkirk then?  That's just how it goes I'm afraid.  Jamie Lindsay or Josh Mullen are always going to choose County over you due to the money.  In Scotland the location is irrelevant in most cases.  

Where did I  say I'm annoyed?  As long as they keep covering their losses then their doing nothing wrong.  I just stated that I wondered how long old Roy could continue to pay in circa 1million a year plus to cover losses and asked whether there was contingancy plans if he was to suddenly cark it.  I think everyone knows that County have been paying players over the odds for a number of seasons to get them up there and yet people still seem to deny it but surely the huge losses posted every year back this up.   Its no surprise but their wage bill will probablys till be less than the hibs and united sides we finished above.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Now you don't punish anyone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs.