The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Tomas Cerny, Cammy Bell, Michael McGovern, Danni Mallo, Gordon Marshall, Geordie Watson or Willie Wigham getting announced later today!

Maybe all of them? We seem to like having loads of keepers on our books.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Fecks sake. If at all true this just goes to show what a bunch of bottle merchants and shitebags we had at the club last season and it worries me now that too many of them are still here to stink the place out. So what would happen if Loy fecked off and hypothetically we had the chance to sign a stephen dobbie type player on higher wages. Are we now restricted from doing so because of the other mediocre pish in our squad who would down tools because hes getting paid more than them?  The only thing wrong with the Loy deal was the fact that he ended up pish.  That shouldnt stop us from offering the right player much higher wages if they become available.  

Correct. They shouldn't be angry with Loy or down tools, they should be angry with themselves for not being good enough to command a better wage, or their agent for not negotiating a better wage. 

Tomas Cerny, Cammy Bell, Michael McGovern, Danni Mallo, Gordon Marshall, Geordie Watson or Willie Wigham getting announced later today!
Sorry, shagger, but you're wrong. I have it on the highest authority that we are signing Tony Parks and Crunchie. Admittedly, Kevin is being signed from the Mariner Bar to work in the match day lounge, but a signing is a signing.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There was an article on the OS earlier saying that Gordon Young had been appointed assistant to Mixu with the Latvian national team which has now been taken down. I wonder why?

Maybe noones told him yet? Was this in addition to him working for us or are we now looking for our umpteenth assistant manager since Hartley arrived?

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Maybe noones told him yet? Was this in addition to him working for us or are we now looking for our umpteenth assistant manager since Hartley arrived?

It said that he would combine the roles and that Hartley was happy with that.

There was an article on the OS earlier saying that Gordon Young had been appointed assistant to Mixu with the Latvian national team which has now been taken down. I wonder why?

He’s with Latvia just now, I think he’s asst to Mixu. From what I know he’ll do both roles, similar to Jimmy Nicholl did with NI.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You forgot Myles Hogarth...

20 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

this is exactly what i got told by a source at the club also..........same person prob,

aslo told me loy was on 2.5 x as much as sibbald last year and that Loy's arrival/wages didn't sit well with rest of squad

It's not true though.

Let's speculate that Loy is on a grand a week as that's the figure quoted by a poster shortly after you. It's also been mentioned several times by various posters on other forums.

If he's on 2.5 times as much as Sibbald then Sibbs only got £400. Really? Really? :1eye

Houston mentioned in a radio interview shortly after he took over that we paid around £500. I rather doubt that after signing several contract extensions, one of our best players got less than what was the going rate several years ago.

It's not true though.
Let's speculate that Loy is on a grand a week as that's the figure quoted by a poster shortly after you. It's also been mentioned several times by various posters on other forums.
If he's on 2.5 times as much as Sibbald then Sibbs only got £400. Really? Really? :1eye
Houston mentioned in a radio interview shortly after he took over that we paid around £500. I rather doubt that after signing several contract extensions, one of our best players got less than what was the going rate several years ago.

Well it not true if loys is on 1k a week....but thats just a guess inst it....could well be on more.

It is still there as the club have posted a link to it on twitter

3 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Just got a tweet notification starting with the signing emoji, got veryyyy horny before reading on and realising our assistant manager is now the Latvia assistant manager. Can we now expect a cheeky Latvian signing?

Marian Pahars to be announced later on today

(literally the only Latvian player I can think of)