The Falkirk FC Thread

IMG_8662.thumb.jpg.058295b9d0d659c3d28b87a12ecaf3f3.jpg

Fifers keep losing them this year.

Not sure how he was for them, just had one of those faces that you would struggle not slap.

He scored a few for them last year. All the teams around us literally just buying off each other. We are at least doing something different. In Hartley we trust.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Totally agree.

I would just like our wealthy “owners” to put their hands in their pockets and back us for a change. If all they want to do is plod along, move over & invite others to try take us where we should be.

We don't have rich owners like Ross County. Yes, a few of our BoD are wealthy but they've already put a lot of funding into the club without which it wouldn't be here. 

There's always people blaming the Board of Directors for not effectively throwing their own money away but I don't see many of them offering up their own. The Bairn for life  scheme only has around 100 members.

We don't have rich owners like Ross County. Yes, a few of our BoD are wealthy but they've already put a lot of funding into the club without which it wouldn't be here. 
There's always people blaming the Board of Directors for not effectively throwing their own money away but I don't see many of them offering up their own. The Bairn for life  scheme only has around 100 members.

They’ve not put in any money in about 6 years and they got it back as soon as they could, when players fees came in. Regarding wealth, 2 of our board members would have a comfortable money fight with the oddball at County.

I’m quite happy to criticise them as I do continually put cash into the club, including the scheme you mentioned.

As I said, there are people out there with money & time that want to kick us on. I don’t believe the majority of our owners are that fussed. So they should tell everyone what they want and talk to parties that are interested.

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I actually think if we offered a decent fan ownership model it would be well supported, I'd certainly go for it.

Bairn for Life is a well meaning scheme but ultimately isn't as attractive as fan ownership would be.

I actually think if we offered a decent fan ownership model it would be well supported, I'd certainly go for it.
Bairn for Life is a well meaning scheme but ultimately isn't as attractive as fan ownership would be.

Spot on.

Ross County up to their nuts in the Livingston/Gretna way of doing things, with (hopefully) exactly the same outcome further down the road.
Harley’s virtually unknowns is definitely the way for us to go. He is trying hard to keep the hope alive that the CEO and the rest of the BoD seem determined to kill off (in between grandiose statements).

You can have as many rich owners as you like, it only counts if they give you soft loans which get written off.  Basically getting handed money like County get.

Clubs like Gretna and Livi had their debt called in by the owners.  Hence why they went tits up.  McGregor will never ask for any money back from County.

County and Gretna/Livi couldn't be further apart in terms of financials.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You can have as many rich owners as you like, it only counts if they give you soft loans which get written off.  Basically getting handed money like County get.

Clubs like Gretna and Livi had their debt called in by the owners.  Hence why they went tits up.  McGregor will never ask for any money back from County.

No but I doubt that the cash will be there forever either.  At some point its going to stop surely and its then that you have the issues.  There's been little or no growth in the team along with the increased success. Home crowds are pretty much 3k or less and only likely to go one way once the cash stops.  Whilst they wont go bust like Livi or Gretna its going to be difficult for them to repeat the successes of the last few years which the fans have gotten used to. 

Declan McManus is another example of players getting vastly overpaid what their worth to sign for county.  Why else would he move a way up there to a club smaller than the one he was currently at?  A player that tries like a bear but couldnt finish a fish supper at times.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No but I doubt that the cash will be there forever either.  At some point its going to stop surely and its then that you have the issues.  There's been little or no growth in the team along with the increased success. Home crowds are pretty much 3k or less and only likely to go one way once the cash stops.  Whilst they wont go bust like Livi or Gretna its going to be difficult for them to repeat the successes of the last few years which the fans have gotten used to. 

Obviously when McGregor pulls the plug County will fall back down to their natural level.  There's no way they'd be a Premiership side without his money.

38 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Mainly to fund their own feck ups though I would say.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Obviously when McGregor pulls the plug County will fall back down to their natural level.  There's no way they'd be a Premiership side without his money.

Agree and the question is are fans that are used to top flight football and cup finals going to continue to watch a side in the championship for long periods?

Agree and the question is are fans that are used to top flight football and cup finals going to continue to watch a side in the championship for long periods?
Well, our crowds seem to be holding up so far [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldn't bet on it.  They've been spoiled really.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ross County up to their nuts in the Livingston/Gretna way of doing things, with (hopefully) exactly the same outcome further down the road.
Harley’s virtually unknowns is definitely the way for us to go. He is trying hard to keep the hope alive that the CEO and the rest of the BoD seem determined to kill off (in between grandiose statements).

Inevitable if you ask me, as soon as the sugar Daddy walks away they will fold like a deck of cards. 

Not quite right. Livi “owners” didn’t put the money in. Livingston (both times) didn’t pay Council rents, electricity suppliers, small companies, big companies or HMRC.
Gretna owner couldn’t call in his debts because he was dead. The Gretna model and the RC are broadly similar. Again, it was the debts owing to 3rd parties that dragged them down....just like Dundee.
In neither Livingston’s nor Gretna’s case did owners “call in” debts.

4 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Inevitable if you ask me, as soon as the sugar Daddy walks away they will fold like a deck of cards. 

Depends on when the cash is gifted, I would have thought.

If he puts the money up front at the start of the season to cover the projected expenditure they'll be fine. Likewise, if someone signs a three year deal on big wages they'll also be fine, providing he hands over the cash to cover the entirety of the contract on the day the player signs. 

So if McGregor dies, goes bankrupt or walks away it's no big deal. They've got the money in the bank to cover their costs. The player gets freed at the end of their deal and County sign a Highland League player on peanuts to replace them. 

It's only when the investor pays in arrears that you've got a problem. Which seems to be how everyone operates. I have no idea if County are any different.