The Falkirk FC Thread

Would say the last of the players you  could put in the Legend category was the likes of Crunchie at a push Latapy, i wouldnt even say Sibbs wasn't  anywhere close to Legend status for the club despite being one of our own. and playing 250 games.

Edited by AL-FFC

Tom gave 100 percent and was an excellent player on his day. However, his injury record is dire and with a smaller squad this season we cant afford a player like that.  Cant see him being able to cope with an even longer and tougher season in the top flight to be honest but gid luck to him.

Tom Taiwo, not even Falkirk's best player during a season where they finished 8th in the second tier, being described as a legend.
Come on guys, you're better than this.
Taiwo falls in the same category as why McManus got your fans poty. Except a more extreme version probably. Fans loved his effort all the time he was here but last season his effort was more pronounced surrounded by shitebags.

Hes not a club legend though despite the strength of my manlove for him burning like 1000 Hiroshimas. I just loved watched him tackle folk tbh. Wee pain in the arse anklebiter that never gave folk a second, and crucially for any so called hardman these days, he would go full stea into a 50/50 rather than the all too common wait till you see a 70/30 and then crunch somecunt and walk away with the chest puffed oot. Never seen him try to do anyone, seen plenty try to do him.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Taiwo falls in the same category as why McManus got your fans poty. Except a more extreme version probably. Fans loved his effort all the time he was here but last season his effort was more pronounced surrounded by shitebags.

Hes not a club legend though despite the strength of my manlove for him burning like 1000 Hiroshimas. I just loved watched him tackle folk tbh. Wee pain in the arse anklebiter that never gave folk a second, and crucially for any so called hardman these days, he would go full stea into a 50/50 rather than the all too common wait till you see a 70/30 and then crunch somecunt and walk away with the chest puffed oot. Never seen him try to do anyone, seen plenty try to do him.

Think it's probably just 'legend' getting overused in football. That term should be reserved for sure-fire Hall of Famers, record goalscorers etc.

Think it's probably just 'legend' getting overused in football. That term should be reserved for sure-fire Hall of Famers, record goalscorers etc.
Taiwo is none of those things. Just a guy that absolutely gave it his all. Surely to be appreciated by fans. Especially in a clusterfuck season. So aye, not a legend but certainly would let him pump Mrs B.

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Think the point is Taiwo tried just the fact that one player trying out a team of 11 isnt going to work, in all honesty the ones that were there at the start of the season and downed tools and put us into that position for whatever reason it be money, wanted rid of Houston etc shows how little the club or the fans mean to them.

Unfortunately, as much as us fans would like to think, clubs and fans mean f**k all to the vast majority of players. It's a job, and what matters to them is the wage going into their account every month. You get the odd exception (like Dobbie for instance), but it's very much an exception.

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

We should be looking at someone like Harry Paton, on loan at Stenhousemuir last season and recently freed by Hearts. Very technically gifted player with a lot of potential.  Unfortunately, even he will probably be beyond our means, and will probably have a number of offers, so no chance for us.

Hi Peter, hope you are enjoying your semi retirement. Still trying to get us to sign Hearts cast off's I see. 

Edited by Stuperman01

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

We should be looking at someone like Harry Paton, on loan at Stenhousemuir last season and recently freed by Hearts. Very technically gifted player with a lot of potential.  Unfortunately, even he will probably be beyond our means, and will probably have a number of offers, so no chance for us.

If hes that technically gifted and has that much potential why have hearts binned him when their signing players that struggled to get a game for a dreadful Partick Thistle side?

On 05/06/2018 at 09:02, FalkirkLad said:

Signing(s) incoming today #ITK.

Some English stallion with flowing locks and sleeve tattoo had better be hurtling up towards the Bog arena ready to sign for Hartleys galacticos.

Can't go into another weekend without someone giving me a trouser chubby 

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Hi Peter, hope you are enjoying your semi retirement. Still trying to get us to sign Hearts cast off's I see. 

He made league 2 team of the season tbf.

I'd hope we're taking a look if he's as good as stenny fans say

15 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

He made league 2 team of the season tbf.

I'd hope we're taking a look if he's as good as stenny fans say

Yeah League 2!!  Hopefully Alex Harris will be in that team by the end of next season.