The Falkirk FC Thread

Would say the last of the players you  could put in the Legend category was the likes of Crunchie at a push Latapy, i wouldnt even say Sibbs wasn't  anywhere close to Legend status for the club despite being one of our own. and playing 250 games.
Scott McKenzie falls into the category for me. 9 years at the club and he played the Cup final in 1997 days after his Mum had died.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Don't know if anyone watched the Scotland v England U21's last night but Celtic's young lad on the wing looked like a good wee player, they have a few good players that could do with a full season of football i'll be surprised given his links if Hartley doesn't look at that as a loan option.

In last 30 years only 3 can be regarded as legends. Stainrod, Crunchie and Latapy. They all improved the team around them and were individually brilliant.

Farid, Stokes, etc are cult heroes. The likes of Arfield were very good players.
Cult hero is a very good way to describe that middle ground actually.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

So legend = ?

As Crawford put it, Crunchie, Stainrod Latapy as far as I am concerned, sure the elders could add a few more but 80s till now I could only put three in legend category

Probably a few in an understudy to being legend and plentiful in cult and some with a foot in both cult and understudy to legend

To me Cult Heroes are guys like Wilson Hoggan, Crawford Baptie, Sammy McGivern, Tony Parks and John Hughes (player version).

Not legends, sometimes not even particularly great players but brought something to the team beyond the norm.

It's not happening today is it boys? Might as well put my sock back on.
Tuck that floppy away, tomorrow is a new day. I'm starting to thing Hartley has quit and the board are too feart to tell us.

58 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As Crawford put it, Crunchie, Stainrod Latapy as far as I am concerned, sure the elders could add a few more but 80s till now I could only put three in legend category

Probably a few in an understudy to being legend and plentiful in cult and some with a foot in both cult and understudy to legend

I would think that the whole of the 57 cup winning team and the 13 cup final team would be seen as club legends.

Reckon PH has a bunch of Chris Hemsworth lookalikes already signed up and they are going to be unveiled one a day for a week starting......er.....soon.