The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

ICT have signed Jordan white. Should just give them the title now IMO.

Hmm, was playing National League football last year to no great effect. Can see him being reasonable if they get a lot of crosses in about him, but given Caley's habit of taking good forwards and making them sh*te I doubt theres much to be worried about. 

Caley and Ross County should just accept the inevitable and merge.

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Hmm, was playing National League football last year to no great effect. Can see him being reasonable if they get a lot of crosses in about him, but given Caley's habit of taking good forwards and making them sh*te I doubt theres much to be worried about. 

Caley and Ross County should just accept the inevitable and merge.

Inverness Rossadonian County

His company turns over hundreds of millions a year, forgive us for not being worried.:thumsup2:thumsup2
That's his company. Do you think he's stupid enough to move that into his own bank account and then pay tax on it? I doubt it. And here's a point, if he's that rich and bountiful with his money, how have you ended up down here?

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
10 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:
His company turns over hundreds of millions a year, forgive us for not being worried.:thumsup2:thumsup2

That's his company. Do you think he's stupid enough to move that into his own bank account and then pay tax on it? I doubt it. And here's a point, if he's that rich and bountiful with his money, how have you ended up down here?

He hasnt a clue how to run a football club thats why. Managerial recruitment has been of george craig standards and every season hes just signed a pile of players every january to make up for the mess in the first half of the season.  The amount of cash hes invested they should easily be top 6 every year but now find themselves down in the championship where he'll have to invest even  more to get them back up again. Hes the classic successful businessman but hopeless football owner.

County don't have any debt, so they're nothing like Gretna or Livingston.  When McGregor pulls out, they'll cut their cloth accordingly and drop down to their natural level.  They won't go bust or go into admin like these clubs.

They are nothing like them because they have no debt, but the funding model is exactly the same.
At one time, neither Livingston or Gretna had debt. Then allowed a rich guy to take over. Same model as RC.
You are seeing them as being “nothing like” because they are at a different place on the same road. In my book, that’s broadly similar.

2 hours ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Robbie Thomson, any good?

Depends what one you get, the one we had the first six months was superb, onwards it was the one we had been warned about but the six month one would appear now and again and unfortunately during games where he was poor. 

Our defence was poor last season also, so that probably didn't help, still as said he should've been more vocal.

49 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Seen Jordan white last season play against Tranmere, did HeeHaw and was played in a wide midfield role as Livvy did occasionally, sure he got a bad injury down there also.

Edited by MrDust

Seen on the BBC Gossip Column that Robertson is being linked with a move back to Livvi, going to be an interesting league this year as a lot of wholesale changes for a lot of the clubs as far as player turnover goes and managers

Seen Jordan white last season play against Tranmere, did HeeHaw and was played in a wide midfield role as Livvy did occasionally, sure he got a bad injury down there also.
He had some sort of blood issue when he first went down to Walsall I think.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He had some sort of blood issue when he first went down to Walsall I think.

Wrexham?

We don't have rich owners like Ross County. Yes, a few of our BoD are wealthy but they've already put a lot of funding into the club without which it wouldn't be here. 
There's always people blaming the Board of Directors for not effectively throwing their own money away but I don't see many of them offering up their own. The Bairn for life  scheme only has around 100 members.

f**k off Ritchie

We’ve got a funny way of getting season ticket sales. Either Hartley’s leaving as well or all the contract offers have gone elsewhere. How can he tell us we’ve got 10 exciting days ahead and all we’re seeing is negatively. It’s ‘Our Club’ remember!

Was discussing this at work with a fellow Bairn yesterday. I renewed on the first day they were on sale but since the season tickets have been on sale there has been heehaw signing news.

Early days I know and plenty time to get players in but a couple of decent signings might help boost the ST sales.

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

We’ve got a funny way of getting season ticket sales. Either Hartley’s leaving as well or all the contract offers have gone elsewhere. How can he tell us we’ve got 10 exciting days ahead and all we’re seeing is negatively. It’s ‘Our Club’ remember!

The last sentence of your post had absolutely nothing to do with the first part. Just a dig at the club with no context whatsoever.