The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Still too many ins/outs to know what our team will look like. One thing for certain is it will look & feel very different.

Updated current squad (as per official website);

Leo Fasan

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch

Tom Dallison

Jordan McGhee

Tommy Robson

Aaron Muirhead

Jonny Mitchell (Y)

Mark Munro (Y)

Kyle Mitchell (Y)

Patrick Brough

Joe McKee

Lewis Kidd

Alex Harris

Cameron Blues

Cieran Dunne (Y)

Jason Jarvis (Y)

Dennon Lewis

Kevin O’Hara

Rory Loy

Scott Shepherd

Kieran Sweeney (Y)

Aiden Laverty (Y)

Ones in bold I think won’t be here come the end of the window if The Don had his way.

I would say we need a right back, 2 centre mids, attacking midfielder\winger type and 2strikers if we somehow offload Loy.

I disagree about things getting out. I keep a close eye out for this because as one of the people who always knows signings in advance, I hate stories being leaked in case it throws suspicion on me. The majority take people by surprise though. For example, I was given the names on Sunday of the players who'd verbally agreed to join us. Nobody got Fasan  before he was announced and so far none of the others have appeared online either, despite Keithgy's hints to the contrary.  I agree we have canaries but at the moment they seem to be either muzzled or marginalised.
Not sure about the strips. I know the stock wasn't coming in until June so I assume it's a Puma supply issue rather than deliberate choice by the club. Only an idiot would delay the arrival of a sought-after item and I'm sure you'll agree that LB doesn't come into that category.
Oh, and I followed up your director advice re the Sibbald deadline. It didn't happen. There were no dates missed, no failures to deliver documents, nothing. Everything was done as it should have been. Either that or I'm being lied to by several directors and club staff who have very good reason to know. I'm open to being persuaded otherwise but you'll have to name names if you want me to consider it.  

Ok then. Directors are not admitting to you they fucked up. I get it. Personally I don’t believe them. But hey ho.

Ok then. Directors are not admitting to you they fucked up. I get it. Personally I don’t believe them. But hey ho.

RE the strips, Kieran confirmed at the meet the manager event this was a stock issue with genesis and they didn’t want to be in a situation like last year when they ran out early. Albeit there was more interest from fans buying it for the playoffs.

41 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Fraser Hornby has been doing the round for a few weeks, don’t know how legit it is tbf especially considering he has said he wants Nelson and Jak back.

Hornby is utter fantasy, the guy is one of the highest rated players in the Everton under 23 squad. Not a chance of him signing, especially with the buttons we are offering players.

Hornby is utter fantasy, the guy is one of the highest rated players in the Everton under 23 squad. Not a chance of him signing, especially with the buttons we are offering players.

Exactly what I said last week but folk still bringing it up for some reason

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Think we've been speaking to the same people. One of the midfielders in particular would be a real coup - even from the point of view of the money we could make from the number of letters on the back of his shirt!

It's Alexei Mikhailichenko isn't it?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Oh, and I followed up your director advice re the Sibbald deadline. It didn't happen. There were no dates missed, no failures to deliver documents, nothing. Everything was done as it should have been. Either that or I'm being lied to by several directors and club staff who have very good reason to know. I'm open to being persuaded otherwise but you'll have to name names if you want me to consider it.  

You need to flip that scenario 180 degrees. The question that should be asked of, and answered by, your masters at the club is why, a year after consigning Sibbald to the stand for the first month of the season because they refused to countenance him signing a straight one year contract and walking away for nothing this summer, they are now apparently happy for that precise scenario to play out.  No-one gives a toss about you being persuaded otherwise. In any organisation where transparency is not a dirty word, they would be providing that explanation to their "customers", especially if, as you claim, they have nothing to hide.

You need to flip that scenario 180 degrees. The question that should be asked of, and answered by, your masters at the club is why, a year after consigning Sibbald to the stand for the first month of the season because they refused to countenance him signing a straight one year contract and walking away for nothing this summer, they are now apparently happy for that precise scenario to play out.  No-one gives a toss about you being persuaded otherwise. In any organisation where transparency is not a dirty word, they would be providing that explanation to their "customers", especially if, as you claim, they have nothing to hide.

Sorry AGPar, how many times do we actually need to replay the same broken record......

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sorry AGPar, how many times do we actually need to replay the same broken record...…

Until they provide a truthful explanation. Apologies for not having yet  suspended all capacity for critical, independent thought. Would have been far more constructive to contribute the 10000th post on who is the best looking player in the squad.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

I already answered that one AG. The CEO wanted that clause in place so that if Sibbald had a stormer of a season last year the club couldn't be in the position this summer where they lost him for nothing. Then they appointed a new manager. A new manager for whom transfer money was less important than having a player who was committed to the club. Hartley's mentioned his reasoning in public several times so it seems to me extremely transparent. The only reason to disbelieve that is if you think PH is lying.

That's possible. As is BPM's subtle hint that the directors are also lying. I wouldn't claim to know otherwise as the only way to prove it one way or the other would be to show us the documentation, which would breach all sorts of confidentiality and data protection rules. So we'll never know for sure. Even a statement from Sibbald himself wouldn't be conclusive, though if  he and several others were who had reason to know were to put their opinions on record it would make a compelling case. 

It all depends on who you believe. I choose to believe that club staff I've spoke to are telling the truth.

Hey ho, as BPM said.

Until they provide a truthful explanation. Apologies for not having yet  suspended all capacity for critical, independent thought. Would have been far more constructive to contribute the 10000th post on who is the best looking player in the squad.

Yeah, I haven’t got my head round any of that stuff either, but surely the only relevant point in the Sibbald ‘debate’ is he wanted to leave. Anything else is immaterial now imo....

Yeah, I haven’t got my head round any of that stuff either, but surely the only relevant point in the Sibbald ‘debate’ is he wanted to leave. Anything else is immaterial now imo....

Fucking this.

The boy wanted to leave. He’s left. Next signing please.

Hopefully sign some unknown random midfielder this week so we can put this Sibbald business to bed. Just like what's been previously said, we'll never find out exactly. He wanted away last year and by the sounds of it this year too. Been good in patches over the years, but not irreplaceable. We need to move on.

Onwards and upwards hopefully. 

I already answered that one AG. The CEO wanted that clause in place so that if Sibbald had a stormer of a season last year the club couldn't be in the position this summer where they lost him for nothing. Then they appointed a new manager. A new manager for whom transfer money was less important than having a player who was committed to the club. Hartley's mentioned his reasoning in public several times so it seems to me extremely transparent. The only reason to disbelieve that is if you think PH is lying.
That's possible. As is BPM's subtle hint that the directors are also lying. I wouldn't claim to know otherwise as the only way to prove it one way or the other would be to show us the documentation, which would breach all sorts of confidentiality and data protection rules. So we'll never know for sure. Even a statement from Sibbald himself wouldn't be conclusive, though if  he and several others were who had reason to know were to put their opinions on record it would make a compelling case. 
It all depends on who you believe. I choose to believe that club staff I've spoke to are telling the truth.
Hey ho, as BPM said.

In your position you are not going to come on here and say. I think the Directors are all lying c***s now are you?

Time to move on

Surely no Craig Sibbald chat again hahaha. Sounds like you’d be the person that if you had met a woman/man (who am I to judge?) and they called it off after a few dates, you’d be stalking them for weeks on end wanting to know ‘a truthful explanation’.