The Falkirk FC Thread

Think we've been speaking to the same people. One of the midfielders in particular would be a real coup - even from the point of view of the money we could make from the number of letters on the back of his shirt!

^^^^ Team not signing a Chinese player.

I understand  there are very few people who know the names of signings. Outside the coaching staff I think it's limited to the CEO, Chair, physio & the admin / media person. When it comes to players whom we've offered contracts to, but who haven't accepted, to that list will shrink even further. 

When we signed Tom Dallison recently, the BOD were told the evening before. By the following morning his name had appeared on multiple fans sites. I don't know what's been done to prevent a repetition but I think it's safe to assume sort of action was taken. After all, there wasn't a peep about Patrick Brough, Dennon Lewis or Leo Fasan beforehand. Not even any "we're making a signing today"-type posts.

For that reason I'd suggest that any "insider info" be treated with scepticism.

Of course, if anyone's certain of their information, feel free to post a small amount of info that can be verified later; player initials, last club, age, etc.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Think we've been speaking to the same people. One of the midfielders in particular would be a real coup - even from the point of view of the money we could make from the number of letters on the back of his shirt!

Bigirimana?

I understand  there are very few people who know the names of signings. Outside the coaching staff I think it's limited to the CEO, Chair, physio & the admin / media person. When it comes to players whom we've offered contracts to, but who haven't accepted, to that list will shrink even further. 
When we signed Tom Dallison recently, the BOD were told the evening before. By the following morning his name had appeared on multiple fans sites. I don't know what's been done to prevent a repetition but I think it's safe to assume sort of action was taken. After all, there wasn't a peep about Patrick Brough, Dennon Lewis or Leo Fasan beforehand. Not even any "we're making a signing today"-type posts.
For that reason I'd suggest that any "insider info" be treated with scepticism.
Of course, if anyone's certain of their information, feel free to post a small amount of info that can be verified later; player initials, last club, age, etc.

That’s all well and valid, but where’s the fun in that?