The Falkirk FC Thread

I understand  there are very few people who know the names of signings. Outside the coaching staff I think it's limited to the CEO, Chair, physio & the admin / media person. When it comes to players whom we've offered contracts to, but who haven't accepted, to that list will shrink even further. 
When we signed Tom Dallison recently, the BOD were told the evening before. By the following morning his name had appeared on multiple fans sites. I don't know what's been done to prevent a repetition but I think it's safe to assume sort of action was taken. After all, there wasn't a peep about Patrick Brough, Dennon Lewis or Leo Fasan beforehand. Not even any "we're making a signing today"-type posts.
For that reason I'd suggest that any "insider info" be treated with scepticism.
Of course, if anyone's certain of their information, feel free to post a small amount of info that can be verified later; player initials, last club, age, etc.

Do you seriously think those people were the only people who know about a transfer? They may well be the only ones at Falkirk.

I remember when we signed Andy Nelson. The story broke from the Sunderland side.

Ever thought agents, family members, parent clubs, media near where the player comes from might let something slip?

It is a bit like the hiding of the strip. I really don’t see the point and why we are so precious about things. Once it is agreed if it gets out a few hours before does it really matter?

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you seriously think those people were the only people who know about a transfer? They may well be the only ones at Falkirk.

I remember when we signed Andy Nelson. The story broke from the Sunderland side.

Ever thought agents, family members, parent clubs, media near where the player comes from might let something slip?

It is a bit like the hiding of the strip. I really don’t see the point and why we are so precious about things. Once it is agreed if it gets out a few hours before does it really matter?

Quite right BPM. I should have made it clear I was talking about internal leaks. The Nelson/Robson story was broken by the local paper in Sunderland, as was Fraser Aird by the Canadian press. If I mind right the Hippolyte signing came out when he went into Livingston for the last time to collect his gear.

Players usually keep quiet but agents can be another matter, particularly if they're trying to find a better deal for their client. It wouldn't be the first time we lost a player to a last-minute bid from elsewhere. Hence why we're so secretive about targets until the player comes in and signs on the dotted line. I think most clubs are the same.

I've no idea about the strip. I guess it's all to do with the big reveal and getting clicks on our media platforms.  As a company owner you would know more about what that's worth than I do.

The point I was making - and it's not a dig at anyone on here - is that most of the ITK stuff online turns out to be a pile of keech. A newspaper or single agent wouldn't know the names of six potential signings. That would have to come from within FFC, and the people with that knowledge aren't likely to share it out.

Quite right BPM. I should have made it clear I was talking about internal leaks. The Nelson/Robson story was broken by the local paper in Sunderland, as was Fraser Aird by the Canadian press. If I mind right the Hippolyte signing came out when he went into Livingston for the last time to collect his gear.
Players usually keep quiet but agents can be another matter, particularly if they're trying to find a better deal for their client. It wouldn't be the first time we lost a player to a last-minute bid from elsewhere. Hence why we're so secretive about targets until the player comes in and signs on the dotted line. I think most clubs are the same.
I've no idea about the strip. I guess it's all to do with the big reveal and getting clicks on our media platforms.  As a company owner you would know more about what that's worth than I do.
The point I was making - and it's not a dig at anyone on here - is that most of the ITK stuff online turns out to be a pile of keech. A newspaper or single agent wouldn't know the names of six potential signings. That would have to come from within FFC, and the people with that knowledge aren't likely to share it out.

Pretty sure most clubs have a fair idea who is taking to who TBH. In many cases they are all
Talking to the same players.

Whatever happens things usually get out one way or another. Too many with interests for it not too. We have plenty singing Canaries around our club however I don’t think Falkirk are any different to most clubs our size.

As far as the strip goes it wouldn’t be the way I would handle it. Everyone to their own. Personally if it is not available till later in June I would have launched it taken orders and pocketed the cash early. There could of course be stock issue that prevent that however. We all know the strip will be Navy Blue, hardly a secret.

51 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Cant sign him.... far too ugly.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

I’m not gonna tease anyone. Here is a simple anagram of tomorrow’s signing.

wilol flodo

Are we actually signing anyone, or is this just another hopeful circle jerk?

We need, what? At least two good quality midfielders if we are going to keep playing Kidd in midfield, probably three would be more likely and a couple of strikers and a right wing back?

3 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Thanks to jagfox I now need to bite at that.

Theres no way the Don is getting mugged off by that little goblin. He’s done.

I'd say Partick would be the perfect retirement home for Flood.

Certainly not getting to warm our sexy bench.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whatever happens things usually get out one way or another. Too many with interests for it not too. We have plenty singing Canaries around our club however I don’t think Falkirk are any different to most clubs our size.

I disagree about things getting out. I keep a close eye out for this because as one of the people who always knows signings in advance, I hate stories being leaked in case it throws suspicion on me. The majority take people by surprise though. For example, I was given the names on Sunday of the players who'd verbally agreed to join us. Nobody got Fasan  before he was announced and so far none of the others have appeared online either, despite Keithgy's hints to the contrary.  I agree we have canaries but at the moment they seem to be either muzzled or marginalised.

Not sure about the strips. I know the stock wasn't coming in until June so I assume it's a Puma supply issue rather than deliberate choice by the club. Only an idiot would delay the arrival of a sought-after item and I'm sure you'll agree that LB doesn't come into that category.

Oh, and I followed up your director advice re the Sibbald deadline. It didn't happen. There were no dates missed, no failures to deliver documents, nothing. Everything was done as it should have been. Either that or I'm being lied to by several directors and club staff who have very good reason to know. I'm open to being persuaded otherwise but you'll have to name names if you want me to consider it.  

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Flood would be the perfect addition to compliment our team. His ugly dip would make the others look even better. Would would have to scrap the nude theme though

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Jesus.

Thats put me right off my Schwarma..

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

The humble-bragging about being ITK about Falkirk signings. Just a massive cringe.

Also you're a fool if you think anywhere is safe from Piracy.

Nah, he's too busy sulking over in your own thread at the minute. I'm sure he'll be over here once someone over there calls him a man-child again.

Are we actually signing anyone, or is this just another hopeful circle jerk?

We need, what? At least two good quality midfielders if we are going to keep playing Kidd in midfield, probably three would be more likely and a couple of strikers and a right wing back?

Fraser Hornby has been doing the round for a few weeks, don’t know how legit it is tbf especially considering he has said he wants Nelson and Jak back.