The Falkirk FC Thread

There is no way Pressley will get the Burnley job. No way.

I'm astonished anyone believes this!

Must be the same people who claimed with certainty Hughes got interviewed for every job in England.

Edited by H_B

Must be the same people who claimed with certainty Hughes got interviewed for every job in England.

On the other hand though, Hughes was never amongst the favourites for any job down south with the bookies, while Pressley is.

I would be astounded if he got the job, don't get me wrong, but just saying.

Hughes been quoted from a Burnley forum also :lol:

Post from said forum also - If Pressley is the limit of our ambition, we might aswell pack up and call it a day

Perhaps if it was last season just after Celtic game then perhaps may have had some hope on the rumours but stranger things have happened, I'm sure Coyle got the Burnley job when his St Johnstone team were struggling......ok I don't think they were struggling like we were but were 12pts behind the leaders in 3rd place

Fingers crossed, but I very much doubt they will go with someone who has one decent season in say 3 seasons an with no real English league experience other than a poor time as a Coventry player...... :angry:

Thing is, you could have looked at Hughes from afar and thought that pretty much every season was a success. (Watching the games told us the last 18 months was pretty desperate and overspending, but an Enhlish club wouldn't have seen that)

Pressley, on the other hand, has had one high profile cup run with a decent defeat to Celtic, and everything else has been shite.

Yogi deserved a better move than he ended up getting. The Ochilview season was poor but apart from that we progressed every year and, regardless of what some revisionists say, we played excellent football for a lot of the time. People decry his last season as shite, and whilst with our budget we should have done much better in the league, we reached the Scottish Cup final and the League Cup semi.

The big difference between now and then for me personally is how much I looked forward to the games. I've waxed lyrical about it on here enough but 08/09 was my favourite season ever. It could be at least partially due to the age I was and the fact I had enough money and time to go to so many games, but I think the main reason was that there was so much to invest in that season. Under Pressley it has been dull as f**k, with the exception of Higgy, Duffie, Millar, Sibbs, Fulton and Farid doing some great things. We are not only shite but we are unbelievably boring.

Pressley continues to say the right things though and continues to lower expectations so that people feel it is acceptable for us to continually get worse. Yogi wasn't the most intelligent sounding guy in interviews and was pretty arrogant but IMO his biggest problem with regards losing a lot of the support was that he raised expectations so much through doing so well.

I realise this a lot of waffle so, in summary:

Yogi = Good guy

Pressley = w**k

The golden period you refer to Marshmallow is probably Latapy's swansong. Hughes was lost before and after without him.

You have to remember Hughes replaced Latapy with BOB and the Slug. The sign of a good manager is a guy who gets the best out of the players at his disposal. Hughes and Pressley try to shoehorn what they have into their Plan A regardless of results.

I appreciate you the Hughes years may be the formative ones in your FFC supporting history. I'm blind to any faults during Jim Jeffries reign.