The Falkirk FC Thread

We will get the square root of f**k all. He was shit while with us, shit at Bradford and is still shit.

Olejnik and Stewart's careers were similar but the reaction to them markedly different. Olejnik's been recently blasted in this thread over mistakes made in that 3-2 Motherwell defeat. Mark Stewart ballooned a tap in header way over the bar in the same game. In many games both players would make mistakes. However, Olejnik could also pull off some remarkable saves after a mistake. Stewart got by through busting a gut. Effort is no substitute for talent though.

We will get the square root of f**k all. He was shit while with us, shit at Bradford and is still shit.

I don't think the FIFA determined compo is performance related, it's to do with the costs of training him.

http://www.fai.ie/football-services-a-education/player-a-club-services/fifa-solidarity-and-compensation-payments.html

Supple quit and signed up for some gaelic football back in Ireland. He's quit that also and gone back to football. I don't think it has anything to do with primadonnas. More to do with him being shit and not getting a game for Ipswich. Getting sent to Falkirk (4 games) and Oldham (5 games) is enough to tell you to pack it in.

I think the Gary Gillespie thing would have worked had he packed in the game a year after playing for us.

I don't think the FIFA determined compo is performance related, it's to do with the costs of training him.

http://www.fai.ie/football-services-a-education/player-a-club-services/fifa-solidarity-and-compensation-payments.html

Will we be due any money to Partick Thistle, given he was with them before we "academised" him ;) They spent time and money developing too.

academise - the act of graduating a youth player to overstate their ability.

he better stay until its either complete or failing.

Taxi for Pressley !!

And who would we get?

Paul Smith, I must've said that every time we've been looking for a manager - the old 'Work-horse' was treated shockingly by Berwick and is worth a shot IMO !

or, interview the best of those that apply and give the job to the one who impresses the most !?

When is Pressley's contract up btw ?

Housty turned down £130k a year wi Dundee Utd because they were cutting the budget and relying on the yooooof to see them through this.

He didn't want to be there when they slipped down the table.

Why would he take the Falkirk job for 1/3rd the wages and basically the same conditions?