The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bannon won 8 and lost 6 out of his 17 games in charge . Will be interesting to see how many we win in our first 17 this season.

Not talking about Lambie stats? Can't say I blame you.

It's all very well saying we've signed so many new players and they need to gel but we've had 12 games now and we look no nearer to being a proper team.

You then look at teams like Hearts and Rangers who've similarly signed a lot of new players but've had a good start to the season and begin to think it's the players themselves or the manager that's the problem.

Do we still have a wage cap at the club?

Whilst I would hate to ever see us getting into financial difficulties again, i think this dictates the calibre of player you can get.

It's back to the old quality over quantity debate. We seem to have a lot of average players for the same position and maybe its a reflection of the market we are dealing in.

Having seen the team 6 times now I really struggle to believe that we have spent our biggest Championship budget ever.

Guest Back Post Misses
It's all very well saying we've signed so many new players and they need to gel but we've had 12 games now and we look no nearer to being a proper team.
You then look at teams like Hearts and Rangers who've similarly signed a lot of new players but've had a good start to the season and begin to think it's the players themselves or the manager that's the problem.

We were all happy that we let the Taiwo’s, Longridge’s, Hypolytes and Austin’s go as we were told by Hartley and the CEO they would get better players in.

Their misplaced confidence and arrogance about it has put the club behind the 8 ball.

I would really like to know how many of these players Hartley watched himself or how many he simply took Richard Mitchell’s judgement as gospel.

We were all happy that we let the Taiwo’s, Longridge’s, Hypolytes and Austin’s go as we were told by Hartley and the CEO they would get better players in.

Their misplaced confidence and arrogance about it has put the club behind the 8 ball.

I would really like to know how many of these players Hartley watched himself or how many he simply took Richard Mitchell’s judgement as gospel.
To be honest I doubt the club would stump up the cash for flights up and down the country for him

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Difficult to compare Lambie as even though it was pretty dreadful it was at a higher level.

True, far better team though. One that had played together and played well together. And he still fluffed it. 

Guest Back Post Misses
To be honest I doubt the club would stump up the cash for flights up and down the country for him

Well not sure that is the case because he was south last season a few times. How many he actually saw would be interesting

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Longridge i'll give you but at no point was I remotely happy that Hippo was let go and Taiwo could have stayed for the rest of his career as far as I was concerned. Especially as he was replaced with Paton which is, quite frankly, some kind of sick joke. Austin I was genuinely on the fence about, he'd been garbage for a while but I always thought there was still potential there. 

Austin and Hippo were two of the culprits that got us in that mess last year due to their lack of effort and inconsistency. Wouldn’t have either of them back.

I’ve got a soft spot for Taiwo due to his playing style however he was very injury prone. Longridge came in at a time of despair and helped out significantly. I’d have them two back but people seem to forget how horrendous we were until Hartley came in last year.

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Austin and Hippo were two of the culprits that got us in that mess last year due to their lack of effort and inconsistency. Wouldn’t have either of them back.

I’ve got a soft spot for Taiwo due to his playing style however he was very injury prone. Longridge came in at a time of despair and helped out significantly. I’d have them two back but people seem to forget how horrendous we were until Hartley came in last year.

Worse than people, people have the sign hindsight blindness for Houston that they had for a while with Yogi. Everyone is putting the boot into Hartley, conveniently choosing to forget that if we had stuck with Houston we may well have ended up either down or in the playoffs. 

35 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Worse than people, people have the sign hindsight blindness for Houston that they had for a while with Yogi. Everyone is putting the boot into Hartley, conveniently choosing to forget that if we had stuck with Houston we may well have ended up either down or in the playoffs. 

Playoffs perhaps, but it was impossible to finish bottom last season.

Not sure many are hankering back to Houston. His time was well and truly up. 

Hartley's having the boot stuck in because he seems to have built a squad of dross and is making a right kunt of the job.

Guest Back Post Misses
Longridge i'll give you but at no point was I remotely happy that Hippo was let go and Taiwo could have stayed for the rest of his career as far as I was concerned. Especially as he was replaced with Paton which is, quite frankly, some kind of sick joke. Austin I was genuinely on the fence about, he'd been garbage for a while but I always thought there was still potential there. 

I actually didn’t mean any players specifically.

I should probably have said we were all not too bothered we had nearly a complete clearout as we all expected, from the statements coming out of the club and the roadshows, that the quality we were getting is was to be a better than we were dumping.

I would take a few that have gone before most of this group based on the 7 competitive games we have had.

This. I was partly sad to see them both go but that was the point at which I realised as a fan of Falkirk I had to stop holding misplaced loyalties for players who either used to do it, or might do it someday. I credit Hartley with that. He absolutely did what was neccessary and the rose tinted hindsight we see now fucks with my scone tbh.

Guest Back Post Misses

Hartley deserves to have the boot laid into him the mess we are in.

I genuinely hope he turns things around. However he needs better players.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hartley deserves to have the boot laid into him the mess we are in.

I genuinely hope he turns things around. However he needs better players.

I disagree. He needs to stop messing around and play a consistent formation and lineup. Then we can actually judge who is or isn't up to it. I hope he starts that soon, or we will run out of time to replace the ones that need replacing. 

Guest Back Post Misses
I disagree. He needs to stop messing around and play a consistent formation and lineup. Then we can actually judge who is or isn't up to it. I hope he starts that soon, or we will run out of time to replace the ones that need replacing. 

I hope you are right but from what I have seen the squad in no better than 8th or 9th no matter what formation. For that Hartley is culpable.

The plan was to win the league. The club told us that till they were blue in the face. It has been at best misguided confidence or at worse another set of lies.