The Falkirk FC Thread

Early signings like Dallison, Brough  ,Lewis, Harrison and TOE were obviously first choices and  haven't exactly cut the mustard much so far. As has been said the last minute ones like Haber and Irving look a lot better than the ones hes spent months scouting.  Your never going to get all your first choices  as you'll lose out to much bigger clubs who can pay more and offer a higher level of football.  However a second choice should be available and shouldnt be complete tosh just because he isnt the first choice. 

Early signings like Dallison, Brough  ,Lewis, Harrison and TOE were obviously first choices and  haven't exactly cut the mustard much so far. As has been said the last minute ones like Haber and Irving look a lot better than the ones hes spent months scouting.  Your never going to get all your first choices  as you'll lose out to much bigger clubs who can pay more and offer a higher level of football.  However a second choice should be available and shouldnt be complete tosh just because he isnt the first choice. 
Supporting Falkirk must be completely and utterly joyless for you.

You didnt like the way Houston did things. We have now flipped it on its head and embarked on what can best be described as a project. 2 league games into that project, you have declared it fucked, and written off a group of players, all of whom I have seen positive stuff from except Brough who I havent seen at all.

2 league games. Thats all anyone gets before you are back to this. I dont think it makes me a "happy clapper" to point out how fucking ridiculous this is.

Partick was turgid in the first half and better but not great in the second. Couple of lamentable misses ultimately meant we werent able to claw our way back into it.

The above 2 sentences are eerily reminiscent of multiple performances in Houstons last full season.

I just dont understand whats in it for you. Why keep doing it to yourself?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You didnt like the way Houston did things. We have now flipped it on its head and embarked on what can best be described as a project. 2 league games into that project, you have declared it fucked, and written off a group of players, all of whom I have seen positive stuff from except Brough who I havent seen at all.

2 league games. Thats all anyone gets before you are back to this. I dont think it makes me a "happy clapper" to point out how fucking ridiculous this is.

Partick was turgid in the first half and better but not great in the second. Couple of lamentable misses ultimately meant we werent able to claw our way back into it.

The above 2 sentences are eerily reminiscent of multiple performances in Houstons last full season.

no matter how many time people say   'i hope i am wrong'   there is without a doubt a few in our support who are desperate for PH to fail.

Edited by falkirkzombie

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Telt.

15 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

no matter how many time people say   'i hope i am wrong'   there is without a doubt a few in our support who are desperate for PH to fail.

I'm not sure about that. You'll always get a handful even if you appoint Pep, but  I thought his appointment was pretty well liked. 

It was at least a semi experienced boss,not a cheap option  promoted from within. Someone who has won this league before and seemed to have a hard "winner" edge. 

Maybe get a few boys who feared the style of play I suppose,but I thought Hartley had a lot of good vibes at the start. Even this summer I think season ticket sales were decent. Fans bought into the revamp of the squad. 

But at some point optimism meets reality. Sadly 

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Obvious because they were made early? OK.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't give a feck who the manager is. I don't give a feck who the players are or where they come from.  All I want is to watch a side on a Saturday that play decent football and challenge for the league title .  I have seen absolutely nothing in the current players that makes me think we will be doing that come April . I'm just being straight here. If I'd seen some sort of improvement since the Montrose game I'd say at least we're heading in the right direction but no we were just as awful to watch against Rangers kiddies as we were against Montrose weeks ago.  The manager is utterly clueless when it comes to picking a side as has been shown with his attempts at playing 4 centrebacks again and again and again.  I really hope I'm wrong but I'm sorry my sensible head says that come April we'll be nowhere near promotion candidates and I'm surprised if anyone else being honest thinks that either.

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm not sure about that. You'll always get a handful even if you appoint Pep, but  I thought his appointment was pretty well liked. 

It was at least a semi experienced boss,not a cheap option  promoted from within. Someone who has won this league before and seemed to have a hard "winner" edge. 

Maybe get a few boys who feared the style of play I suppose,but I thought Hartley had a lot of good vibes at the start. Even this summer I think season ticket sales were decent. Fans bought into the revamp of the squad. 

But at some point optimism meets reality. Sadly 

but that point surely can't be after 2 league games......

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Obvious because they were made early? OK.

Your no going to jump in and sign Dallison and Brough in May if you don't really want them  and would prefer others are you?  You've still got months to find better.Pretty straightforward that I would say.

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

2 league games a pretty awful league cup and an awful challenge  cup performance against a bunch of wee boys.  I'm not so bothered about the results in the league cup but the performances were dire. If he wasnt picking some ridiculous teams then I'd be more inclined to think he may get it right but his team selections have been like my granny playing champ manager.  This is nothing about it being hartley . I couldnt care less who was the manager if they were getting results and putting on some decent displays. Its all about opinions and some of us think we won't be challenging for promotion this season others still think we might. Only time will tell and I hope its not us thats right.

Edited by Shodwall cat

18 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Mibbaes. But it's not that we've lost. Its that our players look pisspoor talent wise. I'm not sure another 10 games will fix that. 

We've probably become a bit panicky after last season. Every othet side in this league is substantially better than Dumbarton and Brechin. We look no better (being generous) than what finished last season. 

Equals - proper fear. 

Ayr certainly look way better than almost everyone expected. Alloa look to be considerably better than Brechin.

Probably ICT and QotS are seen as the two clubs who have gone significantly on the slide. One of them has already beaten us on our patch, and if the other repeats the act on Saturday, then I don’t think we have big enough alarm bells to sound out just how bad it’s about to get.

in recent years, the word “unravelling” is justified on a few occasions. Those moments when what looked like a reasonable stable situation from the outside simply falls to pieces in double quick time.

Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Livingston, Fifers, Gretna, Motherwell are all examples of clubs unravelling financially (in some cases, more than once). It’s a rare thing to see a club completely unravel in a footballing sense. Doing it financially gets you into the top flight (see above, and ignore the b*****it of how damaging it is to those poor wee souls).

Doing it in a football sense is probably much more damaging. That alienates supporters from the club. Doing it financially unites supporters to the club.

If we are beaten on Saturday, then this entire project is very much on course to unravel before September is done, and while Hartley will be the fall guy, there’s going to be plenty of others who played their part in it.

50 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your no going to jump in and sign Dallison and Brough in May if you don't really want them  and would prefer others are you?  You've still got months to find better.Pretty straightforward that I would say.

Not really. Preferred targets turned us down, so he went for the back up options, seems the most likely scenario for me. If he didn't want them he wouldn't have signed them; pretty straightforward really.

56 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

It is 7 competitive games in, I'd like to suggest 6 with the challenge cup the only one I'd say is as close to the  friendly some have took the LC to be but we probably played bar Mutch our strongest 11.

The league cup games also weren't wholesale massive changes per game, Kidd and Mutch being the only two you'd think wouldn't hold down a starting 11 place.

We have looked clueless in 7 games, that is the bigger picture

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Currently out injured but looked a real threat prior. Desperate for him back already tbh.

Thank you

I was pretty pissed off when we loaned out Haber as he's better than our Tunisian mule in about every department except maybe fashion sense I suppose. I for one dinnae care about Haber's ripped jeans and his barnet, but one thing that is becoming an ever growing problem with him is he spends way more time on the trainers table than the pitch.

Tell you what, we'll give you a fully fit and raring to go Tunisian lad that oor very own Neil McCann told us 'would get us out of our seats' all season, and you could give us back Haber when he can play again. Deal? 

I'll do the player swap personally.

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not really. Preferred targets turned us down, so he went for the back up options, seems the most likely scenario for me. If he didn't want them he wouldn't have signed them; pretty straightforward really.

Theres still no excuse if your signing players early in May even if they are second choice which i doubt and they still end up to be feckin useless. These players have still been scouted for months and are not last minute punts. 

I wish people would stop with this 'it's only been 2 games, you can't criticise Hartley'.

The results are beside the point and not what people are complaining about. The issue people have is with the performances which haven't improved since the first game of pre-season, since which point we've had about 12 or 13 games. And it's the same issues that we're still having.