The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Anyone heard of Robbie Stockdale before?

Took temp charge of sunderland when Coleman was sacked given the amount of players he would know with us could be worth a shout ?

If we had 50 notes on interest and given how many of them are the usual suspects surely to f**k there has to be someone half decent in that 50 strong list of potential although most on that list of potential fill me with dread than joy:

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/falkirk

2 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Well what a mess this is. If we end up with Jim Duffy I will not be happy at all.

Looking at who is available and who would want the job I'd now seriously think about giving Mark Kerr a crack at it. I know they were really impressed with the work he done when he helped out after Houston got the boot.

He obviously would be a bit of a gamble but I just get the gut feeling he will be a good manager and knows the club inside out. 

I wouldve liked a recent link to the club as a no2 but Id think Mark Kerr first job is way too big a gamble

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I wouldve liked a recent link to the club as a no2 but Id think Mark Kerr first job is way too big a gamble

I do think it's a gamble but looking at who's left I think anyone will be a gamble.  I think of what Alex Neil done at Hamilton when I think of Kerr. I just think he would do a good job for us. 

I know one thing I'd rather it was him than the likes of Duffy.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I feel if someone like Kerr got it the fans would get behind him more being a rookie manager than some of the been around the block duffers that are being muted.

Might just be too big a job for him the now given the state we seem to be in.

My 2 picks were McCall and McIntyre but they are no longer options. We need someone that the fans will get behind and I think most of our support would give him a chance.

Can you imagine the mood of Duffy or the likes of Lee Clark got the job? I'm not sure I coukd go and watch that.

My 2 picks were McCall and McIntyre but they are no longer options. We need someone that the fans will get behind and I think most of our support would give him a chance.
Can you imagine the mood of Duffy or the likes of Lee Clark got the job? I'm not sure I coukd go and watch that.
According to a Herald tweet the players are down after Hartley left. I would be in the depths of depression if some of the names being mentioned got the job.

The fans need a lift not another hoof in the chuckies.

I don’t think Mark Kerr would be a panic appointment, but my goodness, it would be a risky one for him and us. He would get my absolute support though.......way more so than some of the names being touted around.

If it’s not a Hopkin or a Caldwell, I would rather it was a Mark Kerr than the usual suspects.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

According to a Herald tweet the players are down after Hartley left. I would be in the depths of depression if some of the names being mentioned got the job.

The fans need a lift not another hoof in the chuckies.

We have to hope that is nothing more than polite paper talk, and behind the scenes, the players are clicking their heels at Hartley’s departure (well, those fit enough to kick their heels obviously).

If what we saw last Saturday was eleven guys giving their all for their manager, then God help us.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think Mark Kerr would be a panic appointment, but my goodness, it would be a risky one for him and us. He would get my absolute support though.......way more so than some of the names being touted around.

If it’s not a Hopkin or a Caldwell, I would rather it was a Mark Kerr than the usual suspects.

Hopkin would be the next obvious target. Not sure about Caldwell he done terrible at his last club although not sure what the circumstances were there to be fair.

If Hopkin or someone similar surfaced then all good. If not then Kerr would be my pick. 

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lot this  talk and rumours gets us nowhere. The club has to give a statement of intent such as we have a shortlist, interviews are taking place or there is a caretaker until we make the correct appointment. Nothing since the 27th is not good enough.

They already told us on Monday Gordon Young is in interim charge and a recruitment process is underway. What more do you want?

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lot this  talk and rumours gets us nowhere. The club has to give a statement of intent such as we have a shortlist, interviews are taking place or there is a caretaker until we make the correct appointment. Nothing since the 27th is not good enough.

on twitter lewis from ffc tv states they were in a closed dooors meeting discussing appointments this afternoon. ongoing process. time will tell. we will just need to wait until a decision is made.

It may actually be time to apply the brakes, let Gordon do what he can until we make the right appointment, and battle through until January.

OK, we might be Brechin reincarnate, but a new manager rushed into his role with what, a few hours to assess and add to a squad he doesn’t know at all well (Christ, I doubt if the players are sure of one another’s names yet), is no guarantee of improving anything....even by a wee bit.

It might require a second half of the season charge to secure 9th spot, but tbh, I would far rather that than we appoint a total nugget who has to be emptied in a few short months, or endured for a few endless years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 minutes ago, faedenny said:

on twitter lewis from ffc tv states they were in a closed dooors meeting discussing appointments this afternoon. ongoing process. time will tell. we will just need to wait until a decision is made.

...and that fits with BPMs “last Thursday of the month” board meeting. At least it means all those voices that matter will be present.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It may actually be time to apply the brakes, let Gordon do what he can until we make the right appointment, and battle through until January.

OK, we might be Brechin reincarnate, but a new manager rushed into his role with what, a few hours to assess and add to a squad he doesn’t know at all well (Christ, I doubt if the players are sure of one another’s names yet), is no guarantee of improving anything....even by a wee bit.

It might require a second half of the season charge to secure 9th spot, but tbh, I would far rather that than we appoint a total nugget who has to be emptied in a few short months, or endured for a few endless years.

agree it needs to be right. lets not feck it up again. bring in someone who can become a legend. already think this season is a goner (or at least we will be treading water until next transfer window) with current squad.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We're going down if we 'battle through' until January with what we have and Gordon Young. We need a proper manager in today or tomorrow and at least 3 or 4 players in if we're to avoid 10th.