The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah. The same people who are saying our squad is made up of non football players also seem to to the folk dismissing Duffy (aye uninspiring but knows the league well and should be able to organise a squad of big lads to look like they have a plan) and advocating nonsense like Mark Kerr etc.

I dont WANT a Jim Duffy. I recognise however that we may NEED a Jim Duffy.

Not targeting you here, but IMO last thing we NEED is to keep going around in circles.........whoever comes in will have a little bit of time to level things out (at minimum)........we're only 3 games in and people are taking like we're desperate to just get somebody 'half decent in to stabilize things, but then what after that?, we wait for months (years) being a mid table team and realize we need to dump duffy and get somebody else. I'd like to have the board take their time and hopefully bring in someone with more ambition........even if it means going down to come back up again in better shape. For me Duffy is an admission by the board that the club has very limited ambition.  Such a shame the top 2 picks have apparently turned us down, but let's keep aiming high.

Not targeting you here, but IMO last thing we NEED is to keep going around in circles.........whoever comes in will have a little bit of time to level things out (at minimum)........we're only 3 games in and people are taking like we're desperate to just get somebody 'half decent in to stabilize things, but then what after that?, we wait for months (years) being a mid table team and realize we need to dump duffy and get somebody else. I'd like to have the board take their time and hopefully bring in someone with more ambition........even if it means going down to come back up again in better shape. For me Duffy is an admission by the board that the club has very limited ambition.  Such a shame the top 2 picks have apparently turned us down, but let's keep aiming high.
At no point did I genuinely believe we were going to go down last season.

This season I feel a little differently tbh. Its not going to get handed to us.

My opinion remains that these players are capable of more and Hartley had titally poisoned the dressing room, but that said, I am still pretty concerned. And since the transfer window is about to close, I think this has to be a safety first appointment

We’re going to end up with Duffy. I get he might steady the ship but I really don’t think he will want much to do with that squad. I wouldn’t either if I was him. We are well and truly in the pits. Hartley has had a shocker with either recruitment and/ or catastrophic man management tactics. Duffy doesn’t strike me as one who will put an arm round players and get them going but I don’t know that other than the impression you get from interviews. My fear is he is more of the same as Hartley. So we have a shite squad that even mother Theresa couldn’t cure. Brutal everywhere you look at falkirk F.C. just now and I’m a fairly optimistic fan compared to others. Appointing Kerr, miller or any other untried manager will just be final nail in the coffin. I’m going for a drink [emoji1545]

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

I'd rather we left Gordon Young in charge until Christmas at least then see who's available than go for the dregs that are being touted now. 

IMO, going with Young, you're just accepting relegation as inevitable.

not sure what the alternatives are though... They've made the second best supported team in the league seem as attractive as the one at the disco with halitosis.

Changes need made beyond team management.

1 minute ago, Bofabairn said:

IMO, going with Young, you're just accepting relegation as inevitable.

not sure what the alternatives are though... They've made the second best supported team in the league seem as attractive as the one at the disco with halitosis.

Changes need made beyond team management.

Maybe, but I just don't want to see us grabbing someone just because they'll take it, not because they're any good.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Maybe, but I just don't want to see us grabbing someone just because they'll take it, not because they're any good.

I totally agree, but the BoD have left us only appealing to those who will take it.

managers who would jump at ANYTHING are knocking us back!I

That's down to PH, who has gone, and our incredibly useless chief exec.

I totally agree, but the BoD have left us only appealing to those who will take it.
managers who would jump at ANYTHING are knocking us back!I
That's down to PH, who has gone, and our incredibly useless chief exec.

If the stories about the back room staff being untouchable then I can’t see any “credible” names signing up. If nothing happens tomorrow then it will be the caretaker who will be running the show for months. A ridiculous position to find ourself in after the upheaval recently to get us back in the top flight

I am all guessed out. Will it be a favourite, will it be a punter from the managerial merry go round, will it be someone from left field, right field, any field. Will it be anyone at all.

Nor do I get the new guy has less than 24 hours to hire a few players who presumably are under contract elsewhere. Not bad ones, not fantastic ones, just good ones who are going to transform our sad rabble of no hopers into a side that can take on and beat 5 or 6 of the other league sides on a regular basis.

Young and ambitious please. Safe pair of hands please. Someone to steady the ship please.

Maybe I didn’t know before, but I can say for certain that I really don’t know what the hell is going on now. Just shows (yet again) the damage that can be done when you let people believe they are subject matter experts when there is zero real evidence to back it up.

Never underestimate the damage an ego can do to a football club in no time at all.