The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am all guessed out. Will it be a favourite, will it be a punter from the managerial merry go round, will it be someone from left field, right field, any field. Will it be anyone at all.

Nor do I get the new guy has less than 24 hours to hire a few players who presumably are under contract elsewhere. Not bad ones, not fantastic ones, just good ones who are going to transform our sad rabble of no hopers into a side that can take on and beat 5 or 6 of the other league sides on a regular basis.

Young and ambitious please. Safe pair of hands please. Someone to steady the ship please.

Maybe I didn’t know before, but I can say for certain that I really don’t know what the hell is going on now. Just shows (yet again) the damage that can be done when you let people believe they are subject matter experts when there is zero real evidence to back it up.

Never underestimate the damage an ego can do to a football club in no time at all.

Sadly the club have had no checks and balances in place and let multiple egos run the show.

I'm honestly not sure what the road to recovery looks like!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to look at candidates with English lower league/village green league experience, considering the make up of our squad? Couldn't really see McCall or Duffy having much of an impact on the likes of Dallison or TOE*.

*or are we selling them to the dugmeat factory at the earliest opportunity?

31 minutes ago, Bairnup said:

Think we will all get a surprise on the manager announcement along with 3 new players on Friday morning.

Dave Clarke and he's bringing Hugh Hill, Gordon Marshall and Brendan McIntyre with him. Heard it from someone in the Tollbooth - must be true.

1 minute ago, drs said:

Dave Clarke and he's bringing Hugh Hill, Gordon Marshall and Brendan McIntyre with him. Heard it from someone in the Tollbooth - must be true.

One more person, and we could have the Dave Clarke Five and feel glad all over.

One thing this has shown is just how bad things must have been between staff/players and Hartley. I honestly thought they had someone lined up so they decided to get rid of him but they obviously just wanted shot of him

One thing this has shown is just how bad things must have been between staff/players and Hartley. I honestly thought they had someone lined up so they decided to get rid of him but they obviously just wanted shot of him

McIntyre rejected us yesterday apparently so he was probably the main target.

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

.....and that’s why I think the footballing side was the last straw, but not the only straw. I really do believe he pissed off a few people further up the food chain, and they simply had to wait (not very long as it turns out), to have him removed.

.....and that’s why I think the footballing side was the last straw, but not the only straw. I really do believe he pissed off a few people further up the food chain, and they simply had to wait (not very long as it turns out), to have him removed.
I think your spot on. I'm now just hoping that these players kick on and show a lot more than they've shown so far

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

You're right - never heard of him.  That's interesting again - there are probably various levels of what 'not spoilt' constitutes!  For example I beleive Jack Ruddy who we had on loan from Wolves last season felt he was well above the jobs he was asked to do. 

To be honest I assumed Kerr was meaning youth players at Falkirk so didnt ask any questions - it's only in the last 24 hours or so I read that Hartley moved the focus away from that.  

Wasn't having a dig - just repeating what I was told. Kerr came accross really well and like a model pro, yet Queen of the South fans and possibly a few others say he is a bad egg and a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Who knows.  He's been a superb signing for us so far though. 

Hardly a model pro if he's name-calling or dishing the dirt on Hartley to fans of another team. Punters like to know what's going on behind the scenes at football clubs  but Kerr's gossiping  sounds like there's a bit of sour grapes about how he left Falkirk but it should stay in the dressing room.  He was well enough liked for his performances for QoS but the manner of his leaving certainly set a lot of fans against him. I'm sure Skyline Drifter,  who knows a lot of what happens behind the scenes at QoS,  commented in a recent post that Kerr's attitude in the dressing room was not helpful to the team. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Why did we not sack Hartley’s backroom team like we did with Houston’s ?
Also, we were hoping to sign a striker before tomorrow is that still happening or?

Because we had no c**t to take the team if we did

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because we had no c**t to take the team if we did

Wait a feckin’ minute here. You trying to tell me that last Saturday’s team wasn’t picked as a result of “cock or a hen”, and Hartley actually picked that team and set up?

whale oil beef Oct.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given that McIntyre is on the dole and has refused a job opportunity that matches his skill set, will his brew money be stopped ??

How do you know for certain he is on the dole ?

If you don't then you have made a false statement.

If you do, then you are breaching data protection laws.

Disgusting individual!

6 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

He will still be getting paid by Ross County after being sacked. He will be on w good wedge too I’d suspect.

McIntyre has more or less been promised the Dunfermline job as and when it’s next available, and is happy to sit tight waiting on that, which will probably be during this season too.