The Falkirk FC Thread

Assuming this statement has been written by Craig Campbell, he needs to go IMO. It's been one gaffe after another since he took over from the 'Falkirk is a championship club' nonsense to threatening fans with legal action. Not to mention the disaster on the pitch since he took up post. 
He's the one responsible for the day-to-day running of the club, and he should be the one to blame.

My money is on ML for this statement. She mentioned these subjects at the fans meeting recently.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My money is on ML for this statement. She mentioned these subjects at the fans meeting recently.

If they are getting contacted and abused personally then I absolutely condemn that but if we’re talking about shouts at matches or stick on social media/websites like this, then, I’m sorry but they need to get a thicker skin.

Edited by Hughsie

If they are getting contacted and abused personally then I absolutely condemn that but if we’re talking about shouts at matches or stick on social media/websites like this, then, I’m sorry but they need to get a thicker skin.

She called fans keyboard warriors and more respect being required.

I agree no one should need to be subjected to abusive personal emails.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, Briannmataxi said:
Absolutely no surprise that heart of Midlothian, rangers and falkirk fans all showing themselves up for what they truly are this season. A despicable bunch of racists.

Square go?

***“Wee chat”

I really despair with some of our support at times. The dominant theory on Facebook currently is that the racism report has been fabricated by Margaret Lang,  Craig Campbell and the rest of the BoD to detract attention from them. The fact Lewis has deleted a tweet apparently proves this.

Because of course Margaret Lang is going to put her entire career at risk to protect an unpaid position. Utterly baffling.

Edited by EdiBairn

I still find it utterly bizarre that not one person (whether on here or at the game) can vouch that this happened.

Is there actually a possibility that something has been misheard by the player? 

I would have thought the Falkirk board have hard evidence before throwing this stuff out but they seem a bunch of diddies so you guys will know better.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That's still an allegation, and Laing of all people will tell you that. As a club and a fan base we need to take it seriously, but legally, it's an allegation until there is evidence to corroborate the claim made. It's that simple, and shouldn't need to be spelled out in simple terms. 

It could have been heard/seen by for example another player which would count as corroboration.

Edited by EdiBairn

21 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I really despair with some of our support at times. The dominant theory on Facebook currently is that the racism report has been fabricated by Margaret Lang,  Craig Campbell and the rest of the BoD to detract attention from them. The fact Lewis has deleted a tweet apparently proves this.

Because of course Margaret Lang is going to put her entire career at risk to protect an unpaid position. Utterly baffling.

There’s about four people who have said that on that awful Facebook page. Hardly a “dominant theory”.

They are simpletons of course but thankfully in a small minority.

Just now, Hughsie said:

There’s about four people who have said that on that awful Facebook page. Hardly a “dominant theory”.

They are simpletons of course but thankfully in a small minority.

The post's been liked by a lot more than 4 tbf

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I still find it utterly bizarre that not one person (whether on here or at the game) can vouch that this happened.

Is there actually a possibility that something has been misheard by the player? 

I would have thought the Falkirk board have hard evidence before throwing this stuff out but they seem a bunch of diddies so you guys will know better.

Everyone's assuming that it was verbal abuse but it might not necessarily have been 

I was in the main stand on Saturday and the only abuse I heard being levelled at Falkirk (players and staff) was from the home support, one quite large fella particularly as Lewis Kidd pointed out when the abuse was directed at him. I didn't think any of it was race related just the usual childish taunts,  from grown men, throughout the game. If this did happen then its a disgrace and those responsible, Falkirk 'fan' or not should be held accountable and dealy with. 

Edited by Stuperman01

Not that I really want to be a p***k about this since I have heard racist abuse at other grounds, the worst was actually at Hamilton proving that any team can have some bumpers, but there are some things on here which need cleared up.

1. If this isn't a police matter then it doesn't require the same burden of proof. Even if it were to become a Civil matter it wouldn't require that sort of proof.

2. The Club are obviously certain it happened and that some (not ONE) of their own were respobsible. Why people are trying to deflect is beyond me and, to be honest, if you are the sort of person who doesn't believe it happened then its no surprise that you 'didn't hear it'.  

3. I doubt your BoD released a statement to make your club look bad. If they know then other people know too so it is actually better for the club's reputation to slam the perpatrators before it got out. That would have been a proper PR disaster.

4. Your BoD are an absolute joke and the McKinnon shambles should serve as proof - leaking things to journos etc. However, not even they would be stupid enough to link racism to a few shouts at the games and posts online calling the BoD sh*te. There is obviously a real and growing toxic 'support' that has been there since at least the Dean Shiels incident.

Finally, I hope you get the folk involved and weed them out but I think this goes much deeper than just a few neandrathals at Stenny away.  Now I am going to return to blind hatred and seethe over Ray McKinnon but felt frustrated reading this and couldn't keep quiet.

Edited by KabbaCharming
Clarity

Not that I really want to be a p***k about this since I have heard racist abuse at other grounds, the worst was actually at Hamilton proving that any team can have some bumpers, but there are some things on here which need cleared up.

1. If this isn't a police matter then it doesn't require the same burden of proof. Even if it were to become a Civil matter it wouldn't require that sort of proof.

2. The Club are obviously certain it happened and that some (not ONE) of their own were respobsible. Why people are trying to deflect is beyond me and, to be honest, if you are the sort of person who doesn't believe it happened then its no surprise that you 'didn't hear it'.  

3. I doubt your BoD released a statement to make your club look bad. If they know then other people know too so it is actually better for the club's reputation to slam the perpatrators before it got out. That would have been a proper PR disaster.

4. Your BoD are an absolute joke and the McKinnon shambles should serve as proof - leaking things to journos etc. However, not even they would be stupid enough to link racism to a few shouts at the games and posts on here and whatever  other forums you use. There is obviously a real and growing toxic 'support' that has been there since at least the Dean Shiels incident.

Finally, I hope you get the folk involved and weed them out but I think this goes much deeper than just a few neandrathals at Stenny away.  Now I am going to return to blind hatred and seethe over Ray McKinnon but felt frustrated reading this and couldn't keep quiet.
How are you quantifying the real and growing levels of toxicity in our support?

One yet to be proved or disproved instance of racism. A few people throwing fake eyeballs (rightly dealt with by law and club both IIRC)

If it does go "much deeper" I havent seen it, home or away despite the level of general arseholery available to view in our support.

I cant remember the last racist shout I heard at the football, nor even the last shout I felt crossed the line other than for being shite patter or rooted in nonsense.

Collectively, we still hear the odd bit of Norrie shite at Pars games. That needs to gtf but aside from that, we are actually a quiet, passive support.

Spare us the dramatics of it all. No one is condoning racism here despite numerous posts trying to twist it that way. Anyone who does try to condone it can f**k off aswell. But the fact remains that the story of this incident is yet to be fully told. Thats not up for debate. Trial by social media might be popular these days but thankfully it remains totally irrelevant.

One thing I will say and absolutely not in defence of racism, I am not comfortable with the club doing anything other than helping the police, then issuing punitive actions once the police have made their conclusions. They have shown with their statement that they intend to serve more agendas than just Dennon Lewis right not to be racially abused.