The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, superandy_07 said:

Lifted from Dennons Twitter, ban this scum for life

DtApEkUWkAMSPx-.jpg

Some of our fans abuse players every week. They sing songs that are often disgusting. The chant about Hippolyte girlfriend at Dunfermline a case in point. The comments directed at Paton at Morton when it transpires he was ill were disgusting. Sadly many of the people who turn up on a Saturday at most  clubs are morons from  the gutter of society. Our sport is literred by such incidents every week e. g falkirk fans throwing eyeballs on the field. Even managers such as  Neil Lennon disrespect opposing fans  ever week. The answer is that football can bring out the worst in people who have little else in their life and hatred of another clubs players or managers is standard fare. However racial abuse takes it to a new unacceptable level and I totally get Dennons disgust. If I were him I would refuse to play for us again unless the offender owns up and is put behind bars. How we expect to promote ourselves as a family club and consider its okay for women and children to witness all this is unbelievable. 

Edited by Stainrod

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Our sport is literred by such incidents every week e. g falkirk fans throwing eyeballs on the field. Even managers such as  Neil Lennon disrespect opposing fans  ever week.

Weird that your post focuses on fan behaviour then you choose to mention Neil Lennon’s actions towards fans as if he doesn’t get any abuse from the stands.

Very weird.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Weird that your post focuses on fan behaviour then you choose to mention Neil Lennon’s actions towards fans as if he doesn’t get any abuse from the stands.

Very weird.

Neil lennon encourages and incites trouble. He has a long history of such behaviourand seems to delight in the  aftermath. He is a terrible ambassador /example of sportsmanship and everything good that our game should promote. 

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Neil lennon encourages and incites trouble. He has a long history of such behaviourand seems to delight in the  aftermath. He is a terrible ambassador /example of sportsmanship and everything good that our game should promote. 

Big team found

I think it's been made clear that it isn't an individual but rather a few people.

Not sure then why some are keen to keep using the singular.

As I said before, they clearly aren't representative of the Falkirk support, and I doubt anyone thinks your support has an issue with racism, but to try and say it was just one person seems like it may let others off.

I'd certainly be thinking twice now if I were a black player thinking about signing for us. Not only do we have fans racially abusing players, but we have 'fans' claiming either him or the club are lying.
Edi are you really a Falkirk supporter or are you just trolling us constantly.

You seem to be in your absolute element when you are sticking the knife into us.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Edi are you really a Falkirk supporter or are you just trolling us constantly.

You seem to be in your absolute element when you are sticking the knife into us.

Rubbish- I've been defending Ray on here from unjustified criticism recently.

What I won't have is people calling a player of ours a liar when he was racially abused by our own supporters.

Edited by EdiBairn

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

There’s no excuse for some of the abuse Neil Lennon has suffered, both physical and verbal, over the years in Scotland.

We all know why that is and it says a lot that you think he brings it all on himself.

Rubbish- I've been defending Ray on here from unjustified criticism recently.
What I won't have is people calling a player of ours a liar when he was racially abused by our own supporters or try and event some BoD conspiracy.
How do you know what happened. You are in the same position as the rest of us you only know what you have read in the statement and what the press/rags have spun from the statement.

I tend to go on the side of caution before I pass judgement on anyone, I like to know all the concrete facts first which at this moment neither you nor I do.

I will wait until the police have concluded their investigation when hopefully the perpetrators are brought to task.

I don't believe we have a racist element to our support. We do have arseholes in our support but having followed Falkirk for over 46 years I can honestly say that I have never witnessed racism towards any of our players or any other clubs players.

Now before you have a breakdown I am not saying that there wasn't something shouted at Dennon on Saturday but I won't pass judgement until the facts are out.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't believe we have a racist element to our support. We do have arseholes in our support but having followed Falkirk for over 46 years I can honestly say that I have never witnessed racism towards any of our players or any other clubs players.

I have. Several times at Brockville and once at TFS.

28 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd certainly be thinking twice now if I were a black player thinking about signing for us. Not only do we have fans racially abusing players, but we have 'fans' claiming either him or the club are lying.

Yip The third lanark juggernaut gathers pace. As a club we are an embarising shambles that just when you think it can't get worse we score yet another own goal. 

I have. Several times at Brockville and once at TFS.

Right.

If there’s a racist element in society, there’s a racist element at every club. So what you do, as every decent fan will do, is support the player, hound out the fans (however many) and make sure they never come back.

None of this “wait for the police” whatabouttery.

It just happens to be Falkirk this time. It’ll be another team next time, sadly.