The Falkirk FC Thread

Good to see some folk speaking sense here today.
However, I just cant get my head round why anybody would spend their Tuesday hanging around a Falkirk thread trying to wind folk up with such boring, sad and shite patter. Mental.
Bizarre addition of the word Tuesday here. The holiest of days.

Interesting stuff on the radio about how police dealt with rape cases in the 70/80s compared with today. Back then the police treated the victim as if they were in the wrong and on trial, ie, what were you wearing, had you been drinking, had loads of partners before...etc.  Now police treat anyone with support and any accusation as if true, if it comes out afterwards it's one of the few false accusations then it's treated as such. Quite simply this is how we should be treating Lewis, treat the racial abuse as true not claiming no-one heard it etc. 

Edited by knee jerk reaction

7 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Interesting stuff on the radio about how police dealt with rape cases in the 70/80s compared with today. Back then the police treated the victim as if they were in the wrong and on trial, ie, what were you wearing, had you been drinking, had loads of partners before...etc.  Now police treat anyone with support and any accusation as if true, if it comes out afterwards it's one of the few false accusations then it's treated as such. Quite simply this is how we should be treating Lewis, treat the racial abuse as true not claiming no-one heard it etc. 

That went through my head as well about rape victims in modern society.

If I was in the main stand and didn't hear anything I'd be doubting it as well. I've not seen one single Warriors fan on here saying they heard anything and the stand was full of those c**ts.

Just for the record, I totally believe DL and feel heart sorry for the lad. I have no real problem with fans letting him know he's not playing well or not good enough but abusing him for his skin colour in a shout from the 70s and there's no place for it today. 

You're still a dick EdiBairn.

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

There were Falkirk fans dotted all over as far as I was aware. I was in the half closest to the terracing before the tunnel and there were old farts around me in Falkirk jackets and scarfs etc. The literature from Stenhousemuir when tickets went on sale described “a small amount of stand tickets will be available to Falkirk fans unable to stand for the match” but I don’t think there would have been any particular checks for buying these, they weren’t exactly asking for blue badges to be produced before buying so presume any Falkirk fan could have bought a seat anywhere in the stand.

The hospitality seats would have been on the other side of the tunnel fairly close to the club officials seats, yes. 

Cheers.

Now, before Edibairn or anybody else says that I'm calling Dennon a liar, I am NOT. I can't see why he would make something like this up!

I'm trying to work out where the perpetrator would be sitting in an effort to try and narrow things down and assumed that the Falkirk fans would be positioned nearest the terracing. If they had been and the shout (or action) came from that area then that would help in identifying the culprit. If, as you say, they were dotted around the stand that's going to make things an awful lot harder and would certainly raise the question of how he knew it was a Falkirk supporter. (And no, I'm not trying to suggest that he's making it up, only that, in these circumstances, he may be mistaken in thinking it was his own fan.)

If the Falkirk fans were indeed randomly seated throughout the stand I think it more likely that it's been someone in hospitality and that possibly one or more of our directors have witnessed it. This would also give some credence to the statement made which suggested that it had happened and was not an 'alleged' incident. If that is the case then hopefully it won't be too difficult to identify the individual(s) involved and that they can be punished appropriately very soon!

I won't be in Inverness next week myself but I hope that all those in attendance take the opportunity to give the boy their support.

15 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Cool let's adopt this for everything. 

So mortons claims of stealing their manager illegally let's settle as that would be victim blaming. 

I would think that what has been shouted at Dennon has made him believe it has come from a Falkirk fan as surely if he wasn't 100% he wouldn't have said it was a Falkirk fan. I am thinking along the lines of " you aren't fit to wear the jersey Lewis" and then have made a comment regarding his race.

It's all speculation of what has happened at the moment though and until persons are identified, which I hope they are and brought before the courts we will not know.

As I wrote on Saturday night, I was at the match in the east side of the stand. Quite a lot of Falkirk fans in that area, two right next to me who told me I was in the wrong section as I obviously wasn't a Bairn.

They were dotted here and there, but they they were relatively quiet throughout the game. The loudest were the people in the hospitality sections, who appeared to be generally supporting the Warriors with random drunken chants and shouts. Most Falkirk fans were away long before full time: see the official SFC video which backs this up.  

Lewis was playing in the half in front of that section in the second period, when I assume any abuse took place given the way the game went (perhaps wrongly).  I heard no racist abuse, including as the players left the field. This doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I wonder how the lad knows the abuser(s) was(were) connected to Falkirk?

1 hour ago, Toby said:

It was two absolute cretins that I’ve not seen in years thankfully, and the reason I wasn’t ejected was because everyone else rallied round and said I wasn’t the problem.

But I’ve done it once and just wouldn’t do it again. The hassle it caused me was just too much and it wasn’t worth my while.

Standing up to folk and making them accountable for what they do in public is great in theory, but in practice it’s a terrible idea when you consider the folk that are likely to resort to racism are also likely to resort to other forms of intimidation if folk get their backs up.

I'd like to think Id stand up to that sort of behaviour but its not for the fans to have to, or at least it shouldnt be

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

interesting debate .. so where does "racism" start and finish? you only need to support a team from  Fife , Stirlingshire, ect,ect to be given abuse about where you are from

is this racist  ? if so most fans from any team are for sure.

Theres no debate, interesting or otherwise

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Really fair play to Dennon —

No need to justify himself here, but amazing to me that the obvious have to be spelt out to folk. 

24 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

That went through my head as well about rape victims in modern society.

If I was in the main stand and didn't hear anything I'd be doubting it as well. I've not seen one single Warriors fan on here saying they heard anything and the stand was full of those c**ts.

Just for the record, I totally believe DL and feel heart sorry for the lad. I have no real problem with fans letting him know he's not playing well or not good enough but abusing him for his skin colour in a shout from the 70s and there's no place for it today. 

You're still a dick EdiBairn.

Please tell me Calum Walker posts on here :rolleyes: He probably thinks Lewis was asking for it, wearing that black skin  out in public

A few people seem to be struggling with the concept that the shout needn’t have been a single refrain, and most likely was a diatribe that clearly identified the perpetrator/s as Falkirk fans...as someone set out an example of what might have been said above. If there was any doubt in the boys mind I’m sure calling out his own fans would have been absolutely avoided...it was clearly a “f**k off out our club” type shout that left no doubt in his mind which team they were following.

18 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As I wrote on Saturday night, I was at the match in the east side of the stand. Quite a lot of Falkirk fans in that area, two right next to me who told me I was in the wrong section as I obviously wasn't a Bairn.

They were dotted here and there, but they they were relatively quiet throughout the game. The loudest were the people in the hospitality sections, who appeared to be generally supporting the Warriors with random drunken chants and shouts. Most Falkirk fans were away long before full time: see the official SFC video which backs this up.  

Lewis was playing in the half in front of that section in the second period, when I assume any abuse took place given the way the game went (perhaps wrongly).  I heard no racist abuse, including as the players left the field. This doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I wonder how the lad knows the abuser(s) was(were) connected to Falkirk?

Steady mate, not sure you're allowed to ask sensible and reasonable questions!

What you say about hospitality does indicate that its most likely to have come from that area though.

4 minutes ago, Christophe said:

A few people seem to be struggling with the concept that the shout needn’t have been a single refrain, and most likely was a diatribe that clearly identified the perpetrator/s as Falkirk fans...as someone set out an example of what might have been said above. If there was any doubt in the boys mind I’m sure calling out his own fans would have been absolutely avoided...it was clearly a “f**k off out our club” type shout that left no doubt in his mind which team they were following.

Aye, that makes a lot of sense in him thinking it was a Falkirk fan. I'd be struggling to think how he would know conclusively if it wasn't something along those lines.

If Dennon Lewis goes to the club and says "I've been called x", the club can't then turn round and say 'possible racist abuse' because it sounds like they don't believe their employee. 

It wasn’t reported by Lewis I believe, not that makes any difference tbf