The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Not one person in that stand seems to have heard this verbal abuse, so how did the player?

Racist abuse doesn't have to be verbal.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That was my actual point, you fucking daft git. Hence the comment about Hubris.

Not overly bright, are you?

^^^ verge of tears

What exactly are you 'loving' about making yourself look like a prize tit alongside your club's latest humiliating cup failure and your fanbase being dragged into disrepute for racially abusing their own players? Either you're a weirdo masochist or you're talking utter shite again. Tough call tbh. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I suggest you both read my posts regarding the matter. Any sizeable group of people will have racists in it. Sorry if that upsets both of you.

More deflection and whataboutery. This is a discussion thread about Falkirk's racist shame, not a sociological study of racism in society. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Let me break it down into chunks that a grown man that post pictures of kids on a forum can understand.

36 hours ago, I mocked Dunfermline for having homophobic and racist fans. Then this happened. Hubris.

Now given the above, I'm loving all the fans of other clubs piling on on the assumption that their own fans are above reproach.

Where have I indulged in whataboutery? I've been very clear about what should be happening. I'm merely pointing out that Hubris will bite you in the arse at some point.

Unless I'm mistaken (I'm not!) us - the fans of other teams - aren't the ones with outstanding allegations of racial abuse against our names, or indeed a record of having thrown plastic eyeballs on to the pitch... tangible evidence.

Stop deflecting and accept your club, and a number of the fans, are absolute vermin. 

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Let me break it down into chunks that a grown man that post pictures of kids on a forum can understand.

36 hours ago, I mocked Dunfermline for having homophobic and racist fans. Then this happened. Hubris.

Now given the above, I'm loving all the fans of other clubs piling on on the assumption that their own fans are above reproach.

Where have I indulged in whataboutery? I've been very clear about what should be happening. I'm merely pointing out that Hubris will bite you in the arse at some point.

Except that the only mention of your previous posts about the Dunfermline fanbase was provided by yours truly, after you had yammered out a mewling reference to the 'hubris' of people calling out Falkirk's racist shame. You didn't actually mention it at all in your posts - no doubt hoping that your hypocrisy would disappear and allow you to yammer about what's coming to those whose fanbases aren't massive racists.   

Fooling absolutely no-one then. 

I am quite disappointed with the reaction to this by our fans tbh. Yes, most people have condemned the racism but there are far too many people rushing to say it couldn't possibly have happened because my auntie Suzanne/ pet cat was in the main stand and didn't hear a peep/ it's all a conspiracy/using it as an opportunity to criticise the BoD.

Edited by EdiBairn

7 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I am quite disappointed with the reaction to this by our fans tbh. Yes, most people have condemned the racism but there are far too many people rushing to say it couldn't possibly have happened because my auntie Suzanne/ pet cat was in the main stand and didn't hear a peep/ it's all a conspiracy/using it as an opportunity to criticise the BoD.

As opposed to the club who say it DID happened, issued a statement, alerted the press. Oh.....while we are doing this has anyone actually witnessed this as we seem to have f**k all to go on. 

Burn the witch. 

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

Feel free to point out such joy.... 

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

Well, well, well..... isn't this a fucking delicious read. 

Hard lines Shagger. Pretty clear enjoyment of the situation, which marls you out (as previously described) as a c**t. 

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The enjoyment comes from Falkirk fans reactions to it. Not the incident itself.

Maybe in your case. Turbine ton is a thick c**t though, who is very obviously pleased that this happened to allow him some petty point scoring. 

Like Branch Ton, so ruined by McKinnon that this sort of thing is fair game. Not sure how you can defend him when he clearly doesnt have the nous to dissect anyones reaction. He is quite simply chuffed to bits at the thought that someone was racially abused by a supporter of a club he dislikes. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hard lines Shagger. Pretty clear enjoyment of the situation, which marls you out (as previously described) as a c**t. 

Where does that point to any joy in racism? I'll wait. 

Enjoying a thread has f**k all to do with my thoughts on someone being racially abused, you absolute moron. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe in your case. Turbine ton is a thick c**t though, who is very obviously pleased that this happened to allow him some petty point scoring. 

Like Branch Ton, so ruined by McKinnon that this sort of thing is fair game. Not sure how you can defend him when he clearly doesnt have the nous to dissect anyones reaction. He is quite simply chuffed to bits at the thought that someone was racially abused by a supporter of a club he dislikes. 

Shut up, you dribbling mess. 

Where does that point to any joy in racism? I'll wait. 

Enjoying a thread has f**k all to do with my thoughts on someone being racially abused, you absolute moron. 
Using a racist incident for point scoring is pretty clearly what you were doing m8. Stand by it. At least the courage of your convictions, even if they do make it apparent that you are pond life.

I find it a little disappointing that that the alleged racist abuse is being used as point scoring by fans of other clubs but I guess that is the nature of the beast. It’s no great surprise that it is fans of Morton that are doing the bulk of the finger pointing. It’s almost as if they are taking pleasure from it all because Falkirk pinched their manager a few months ago.

Also disappointing is the reaction from some Falkirk fans.

Yes, the allegation remains just that until demonstrated to be true (or false) but by trying to infer something from the lack of verification on social media is deflection. The appropriate response shouldn’t be “well, nobody has said they heard anything” but should be to maintain an open mind until the full facts are available no matter how unpalatable they subsequently may prove. The claim that the whole thing is a fabrication created by the Falkirk board to detract from on field problems belongs firmly in the land of tin foil hats.  

The truth of the matter is if this allegation is subsequently discovered to be true then it doesn’t mean that Falkirk Football Club have an inherently racist support. Do racists exist in society as a whole? Sadly, yes they do. If racists exist in society then you are going to find them in football grounds unfortunately. You are just as likely to encounter a racist at Cappielow or Firhill, or anywhere for that matter, as you are at the Falkirk Stadium.

It is, IMO, right that the alleged incident is highlighted. It should be vigorously investigated and if found to be true then the perpetrator(s) should be subject to the strongest, appropriate, sanction.

The incident should be seen as a reminder that while things aren’t as bad as they previously were racism hasn’t actually gone away. It’s still there lurking within the hateful, ignorant and inadequate. It shouldn’t be used as a point scoring exercise between rival fans.