The Falkirk FC Thread

The statement is the issue some fans have due to the wording. As they hate whatever the board/ceo or chairwoman say right now so don’t believe anything they say.  Weird behaviou as Dennon has clearly heard something, reported it to his employer and they are investigating further which is correct. 

Falkirk FC is extremely disappointed to learn of  racist abuse directed at Dennon Lewis by its own supporters during Saturday’s match against Stenhousemuir.

Add one word

Falkirk FC is extremely disappointed to learn of possible racist abuse directed at Dennon Lewis by its own supporters during Saturday’s match against Stenhousemuir.

Edited by gav-ffc

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The statement is the issue some fans have due to the wording.

Add one word

If Dennon Lewis goes to the club and says "I've been called x", the club can't then turn round and say 'possible racist abuse' because it sounds like they don't believe their employee. 

Wow. The one Falkirk fan with any sense of how disgusting this whole affair has been getting hounded and told to “f**k off and support another team”...new depths

TBF There are plenty of Falkirk fans who see this for what it is. In fact, it’s only one or two who are trying to qualify it.

interesting debate .. so where does "racism" start and finish? you only need to support a team from  Fife , Stirlingshire, ect,ect to be given abuse about where you are from
is this racist  ? if so most fans from any team are for sure.

What are you on about you utter simpleton?

7 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

If Dennon Lewis goes to the club and says "I've been called x", the club can't then turn round and say 'possible racist abuse' because it sounds like they don't believe their employee. 

They also can’t say it definitely happened before then asking fans to help them find out who said what.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

They also can’t say it definitely happened before then asking fans to help them find out who said what.

They can be certain of what was said without knowing who said it. Lewis talked about clarifying what was said with others, so I think there will be quite strong evidence.

Edited by EdiBairn

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Yes they can. Surely everyone is entitled to a fair trial and is innocent until proven guilty?

I don’t know anything about the boy other than that he plays for Falkirk, and don’t have any reason to doubt him, but people make false allegations all the time. Falkirk would merely be covering their bases by treating all parties fairly.

If Morton were in the same position, I’d be uncomfortable about the club not classifying the incident as “alleged” until a court had convicted any perpetrators.

Feel so sorry for Lewis. The boy must be beyond depressed after this. Away from friends and family, playing in a piss poor team and now this. Mentally he must be done.

I don't rate him personally but, in fairness, there is literally no player who can link the midfield and attack. IfJak never had a Sibbs/Longride he'd have been equally as gash. But to racially abuse him is beyond disgusting and I hope the people responsible are found.

Falkirk player hears clear racist abuse, clear enough to identify it came from his own supporters, yet shouldn’t be believed unless the abusers are identified by someone else in the crowd?  Russian sailors? Mikey Forrester? Are you boys for fucking real?

This nonsense about decent fans hounding the racists out really has to get wound in. 
I shouted some complete bellend down at Stark’s Park in 2006 when he was abusing Marvin Andrews. I was nearly ejected myself for making a scene about it, labelled a grass when what I actually did was challenge him, not grass on him, and had about three years of guys clipping my heels and having words in my ear on the way out of grounds, and being told to watch myself coming out of pubs.
Why on earth should any “decent” fan put themselves in the position of fear and alarm when there are folk employed to deal with these things?
Maybe nowadays these things are taken more seriously, but from experience, doing the right thing just wasn’t worth it for me.
I agree with you here actually. Its a nice idea and ideally would happen but racism is a crime and we all have the right not to be exposed to it and also a rihgt to expect the Police and security personnel put in place by clubs to deal with it as such.

There is a bizarre set of expectations applied to football fans that doesnt exist elsewhere. Where does it end? Should I attempt to separate teo lager louts scrapping outside the game? Naw.

In some circumstances I personally might intervene, but as I keep telling the wife when she starts her road rage pish, never forget that you have no idea who you are to get involved with.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Maybe I'm not picking you up right here, as it's a contentious issue and we are all rightly pissed off at the idiot concerned. Are you saying that Lewis had to clarify with other people what was shouted at him? If more than one person in that stand heard what was shouted, then more than a couple will havr heard it, and shouldn't be too hard to pick a small group of people out and narrow it down from there 

"You have to realize I have to be careful with what I say especially on camera, before doing all the necessary investigating to find out what other people heard not just myself and then I & the club can take some form of action."

Sounds to me like he's asked his teammates and others after the match to make sure he hadn't misheard whatever was said.

26 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Falkirk player hears clear racist abuse, clear enough to identify it came from his own supporters, yet shouldn’t be believed unless the abusers are identified by someone else in the crowd?  Russian sailors? Mikey Forrester? Are you boys for fucking real?

Can you tell me where the Falkirk supporters would be seated in the stand please? Also, are the hospitality folk seated just in front of the windowed room in the stand and therefore close to the directors?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can you tell me where the Falkirk supporters would be seated in the stand please? Also, are the hospitality folk seated just in front of the windowed room in the stand and therefore close to the directors?

Thanks

There is also a cordoned off hospitality section at Ochilview in the rear two rows of the stand between the windowed room in the stand and the media section.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Thanks

There were Falkirk fans dotted all over as far as I was aware. I was in the half closest to the terracing before the tunnel and there were old farts around me in Falkirk jackets and scarfs etc. The literature from Stenhousemuir when tickets went on sale described “a small amount of stand tickets will be available to Falkirk fans unable to stand for the match” but I don’t think there would have been any particular checks for buying these, they weren’t exactly asking for blue badges to be produced before buying so presume any Falkirk fan could have bought a seat anywhere in the stand.

The hospitality seats would have been on the other side of the tunnel fairly close to the club officials seats, yes.