The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It wasn’t reported by Lewis I believe, not that makes any difference tbf

Interesting.

May then have been a spoken, as opposed to shouted, comment that was heard and reported by one individual. Would also explain why there aren't a lot of folk claiming that they heard it. If that's the case then the seat that the offender was sitting on and subsequently his or her name should be fairly easily identified. Might be difficult to prove under those circumstances though.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Interesting.

May then have been a spoken, as opposed to shouted, comment that was heard and reported by one individual. Would also explain why there aren't a lot of folk claiming that they heard it. If that's the case then the seat that the offender was sitting on and subsequently his or her name should be fairly easily identified. Might be difficult to prove under those circumstances though.

I would hope that the club would’ve been able to deal with that far more discretely if that was the case. If it’s one individual commenting to another who then passed that on to the club, the person should have pointed the person out with the individual being banned. I don’t see how that would have escalated to the very public fall out we’re seeing now.

The club’s statement insinuates fairly strongly that it’s a group of individuals.

21 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I would hope that the club would’ve been able to deal with that far more discretely if that was the case. If it’s one individual commenting to another who then passed that on to the club, the person should have pointed the person out with the individual being banned. I don’t see how that would have escalated to the very public fall out we’re seeing now.

The club’s statement insinuates fairly strongly that it’s a group of individuals.

Aye, good point.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if the club haven't fucked up their statement mind you.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It wasn’t reported by Lewis I believe, not that makes any difference tbf

It doesn't change that he's been abused but it changes the fact that lots of us have been made to look like terrible people for using a word like "allegedly" as we don't know of a single person that actually heard it for themselves, including Stenny fans in that stand!!

If Dennon didn't actually hear it for himself and is going by someone's say so it looks to me like the club have jumped the gun.

Just a thought!

No doubt I'll be the new Alf Garnett for this post.

Surely whoever reported it, Lewis or not, can point out where and when they heard/seen this take place and the club should be able to find out who it was was pretty easily given the size of the stand, the number of fans in that stand and the fact it was narrowed down to a Falkirk fan. 

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

It doesn't change that he's been abused but it changes the fact that lots of us have been made to look like terrible people for using a word like "allegedly" as we don't know of a single person that actually heard it for themselves, including Stenny fans in that stand!!

If Dennon didn't actually hear it for himself and is going by someone's say so it looks to me like the club have jumped the gun.

Just a thought!

The first 7 words of your post would be correct. The rest is bizarre and doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Just a thought!

Spot on.

9 hours ago, virginton said:

Except that the only mention of your previous posts about the Dunfermline fanbase was provided by yours truly, after you had yammered out a mewling reference to the 'hubris' of people calling out Falkirk's racist shame. You didn't actually mention it at all in your posts - no doubt hoping that your hypocrisy would disappear and allow you to yammer about what's coming to those whose fanbases aren't massive racists.   

Fooling absolutely no-one then. 

Stone throwing in glass houses missus. Best you be careful.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We'll, the one good thing about racist old folk is that winter is coming. 

Unfortunately, when winter conditions cause difficulties, distress and even death for the elderly, it tends not to do so on racist terms, therefore your post is and of itself, deepy offensive.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Unfortunately, when winter conditions cause difficulties, distress and even death for the elderly, it tends not to do so on racist terms, therefore your post is and of itself, deepy offensive.

Although I'm sure that his post was meant to be offensive to racists and not old folk. He just made a bit of a cnut of it.

Rumours circulating that the individual(s) involved has been identified and police are now investigating. I hope he feels the full weight of the law and should certainly never be welcome back at a Falkirk game.

Hopefully it will also shut up some of the conspiracy theorists.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Just a thought!

Hiya Calum! Hiya Pal!

Its entirely plausible for Dennon to have heard it but not reported it.

The denial and deflection from the Falkirk fans is utterly bizarre